December Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dunmore, with Ciera Toomey, plays today (12/27) sem-final at 1:00 in Scranton's Lynett Memorial Tournament with 3 other Scranton area teams. The winners of this game and the following game (@ 2:30) will meet for the girl's championship on Wednesday at 5:30, when previous runner-up games start at 1:00 and the men's final follows at 7.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wonder if any Boneyarders might grace the gym with their presence...today or tomorrow?
If so...please report on the game.

Perhaps of more importance...any sightings of UConn staff?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Who knows what the end result will be in college but Ice appears to have a better jump shot. Ice looks a little bigger as well. Similar players in other ways. What I'm really saying is she looks like an upgrade but Ayilah had a great year last year with solid post skills and I expect she will get a little luck and start converting at a high rate again. Both are solid players.
I anticipate Edwards dominating the BE competition. If she doesn't, something is wrong.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any Boneyarders might grace the gym with their presence...today or tomorrow?
If so...please report on the game.

Perhaps of more importance...any sightings of UConn staff?
Sadly, I won't be there this year...but the live feed is great.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems like on one of these recruiting threads someone reported that someone (her HS coach?) said Ice was now 6'4". That would be good.
Now, can Ciera grow a little, say to 6'4" or more*. A "stretch five"! That would be uber cool.
* and come to UConn.
I honestly don't envision C being a five or post when she gets to UCONN. She has the skills-ball handling, passing and shooting skills to play SF or big guard in the mold of KLS & Ann Strother and is the same size=6'3" C is an elite shot maker form all three levels & can create her own shot. What is especially intriguing about have Ice, C, and AP up front is that all three are quality post and perimeter defenders.

Reaction Score
found livefeed will be youtube.com/lackawannacollegefalcons
thanks for the link............without height no way for the opposition to stop Toomey in that game.......still, she was very impressive missing just one layup and one three pointer in scoring like 29 points in three quarters.......hit corner jumpers from fifteen feet and threes from top of the key........she showed good quickness and excellent hands.....clearly a three or four.......I'd love to see her against much better competition as she could have scored 40 if she wanted against the team they played today.......

Reaction Score
I honestly don't envision C being a five or post when she gets to UCONN. She has the skills-ball handling, passing and shooting skills to play SF or big guard in the mold of KLS & Ann Strother and is the same size=6'3" C is an elite shot maker form all three levels & can create her own shot. What is especially intriguing about have Ice, C, and AP up front is that all three are quality post and perimeter defenders.
I don't foresee UConn having trouble opening up the paint if they have Toomey and Brady taking turns drilling shots from that high post. Having two 6-3 kids who know exactly when the shot is there and don't hesitate at all would be a luxury very few teams have. And they both know how to move the ball when it's not there. Both understand how to read a defense quickly.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any mention of any coaches from any college there?
Not that I recall. The only college/coach I remember being mentioned is a player heading to Drexel I believe she is a teammate of C.

Reaction Score
They have already played. Go to this link on Youtube and scroll backwards Dunmore is the first game I believe.

Thanks Coco !! I only watched the first half but two things impressed me ; 1- I thought the announcers were very good, and 2- Despite a distinct height advantage most of the time Scranton launched a shot Toomey located her man and boxed out ! Didn’t rely on her height to dominate. She is obviously fundamentally very sound. BTW, do you know when they play again ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More detailed stats from Toomey's game on 12/23.

Toomey was named the Times-Tribune athlete of the week for that performance.

The 6-foot-4 junior scored 27 points on 13-of-15 shooting for the top-ranked Lady Bucks, and added four rebounds, four blocks and four assists.

Reaction Score
Not that I recall. The only college/coach I remember being mentioned is a player heading to Drexel I believe she is a teammate of C.
Drexel bound Moriah Murray is the Dunmore point guard.

Dunmore, with Ciera Toomey, plays today (12/27) sem-final at 1:00 in Scranton's Lynett Memorial Tournament with 3 other Scranton area teams. The winners of this game and the following game (@ 2:30)... (now Scranton Prep)... will meet for the girl's championship on Wednesday at 5:30, when previous runner-up games start at 1:00 and the men's final follows at 7.

Reaction Score
More detailed stats from Toomey's game on 12/23.

Toomey was named the Times-Tribune athlete of the week for that performance.

The 6-foot-4 junior scored 27 points on 13-of-15 shooting for the top-ranked Lady Bucks, and added four rebounds, four blocks and four assists.
Sluconn, are you not a friend?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She will play with DeBerry for two years. So that is Toomey, Brady, Patterson and DeBerry. Maybe Kitts will be there also.

Reaction Score

If she is a quality post then I can't see her being a SF. She'll be wasted as a SF being predominately a perimeter player. If her shot isn't falling from the outside then she won't be in a position to offensive rebound, or be in a position to use her fine low post moves. And she'll allow a smaller player able to guard her on the outside. As a result her strength doesn't appear to be transition defense either so having her run back to defend faster wings on defense is not ideal.

AP is a definite PF. So if the other two of Ice and C are legit 5's that can also play 4- then you're talking something special.

Ducharme is set for SF and Fudd set for SG. Add in the above three players for the frontcourt you got something very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom