December Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very nice 6-0 guard. Since she's continuing to play, she's just playing out her senior season while shopping in the portal for a grad transfer next year?
Her stats are pretty encouraging and Princeton as a team is better than I thought. She might fill a 2/3 role a little like Evina or perhaps what we would have expected if Kiki had chosen Uconn. I know Kiki was considered a point guard but at Uconn she probably would have played more as a 2 or 3. Myers might be a potential one year fill in for that role while still pursuing Booker and others for 2023.

Reaction Score
I would think that if Geno went to see her play then she was recommended by Berube and she wouldn't waste his time. In fact it's likely she contacted him and I think he has a lot of respect for her opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Appears to be player with carreer goals that could be compliments by playing for an icon and competing for a national championship. Not sure she has WNBA talent but certainly could play for a team in Europe, perhaps making more in one European or Asian city than a few months in the US.
Look at her numbers. There is a reason why almost no NBA players come from Ivy schools. The numbers are not that impressive.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson's game from Monday 12/21 w/ Geno in attendance. She was 10-13 from the field but one miss was a bit of a desperation three to end the 3rd.

There's a Geno sighting w/ 3:43 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would think that if Geno went to see her play then she was recommended by Berube and she wouldn't waste his time. In fact it's likely she contacted him and I think he has a lot of respect for her opinion.
Can someone please hack into Geno's credit card account so that his movements can be more easily tracked (this is a joke, please note the smiley face). :)

Reaction Score
Ice seems like a bigger Ayilah Edwards with a better jump shot. We are going to have to think about doing something to use this front court talent. I love our team next year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ice seems like a bigger Ayilah Edwards with a better jump shot. We are going to have to think about doing something to use this front court talent. I love our team next year.
She would be the first UConn player to play with her shorts turned up at the bottom. :p

Reaction Score
Explain “seems like”?

Reaction Score
Playmakers with size like her are hard to find. A real slasher who can play under control and through traffic and handle contact. Hitting 3s is a big bonus. Just hope she's willing to leave the Midwest but I have doubts.
Can you explain your doubts? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Can you explain your doubts? Just curious.
Nothing scientific. Just guesses on my part. After watching some of these recruitments from a distance, seeing some of the coaching connections, the schools from the kid’s region of the country recruiting them etc., some kids just seem more likely to me than others to stay in that area for college. I guess correctly sometimes but some really surprise me. Brady didn’t surprise after being willing to travel for a visit with UConn as a HS sophomore. But with her recruitment being so quiet during the pandemic, I was completely surprised by Patterson choosing UConn. So who knows.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Seems like on one of these recruiting threads someone reported that someone (her HS coach?) said Ice was now 6'4". That would be good.

Now, can Ciera grow a little, say to 6'4" or more*. A "stretch five"! That would be uber cool.

* and come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Explain “seems like”?
Who knows what the end result will be in college but Ice appears to have a better jump shot. Ice looks a little bigger as well. Similar players in other ways. What I'm really saying is she looks like an upgrade but Ayilah had a great year last year with solid post skills and I expect she will get a little luck and start converting at a high rate again. Both are solid players.

Reaction Score
Seems like on one of these recruiting threads someone reported that someone (her HS coach?) said Ice was now 6'4". That would be good.

Now, can Ciera grow a little, say to 6'4" or more*. A "stretch five"! That would be uber cool.

* and come to UConn.
Man imagine a frontline of Ice and Ciera at the 4&5 scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member