KK Arnold: 21 points

Chloe Kitts ('23): 21 points

Olivia Olson ('24): 25 points

Zamareya Jones ('24): 11 points

MacKenly Randolph ('24): 30 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Without a subscription this is all I could get from last week's action in California.

1. Kennedy Smith - Etiwanda 2024

Smith is a very versatile forward. She can guard multiple positions. She has the quickness and footwork to stay with wings and she can drop down and cover bigs in the paint. She fronts the post well and plays tough interior defense. Offensively she can shoot from both the midrange and from three-point range. In the halfcourt, she can put the ball on the floor and pull-up for a little jumper. She can score inside too. Good rebounder who gets good position.

2. Tajianna Roberts - La Jolla Country Day 2024

Avant-Roberts is one of the top wing prospects in Southern California. She’s very good scorer who is comfortable with the ball in her hands.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How is ice brady doing this season?

Good question. Not much in the way of reports but some stats are known.

11/23

28 points, 15 rebounds

11/25

19 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists

11/28

22 points, 6 rebounds

Cathedral Catholic also played against Etiwanda, the team of UConn POI Kennedy Smith and Destiny Agubata and, lost by 39.

Reaction Score
Sidwell Friends leads Bishop McNamara by 25-23 at halftime. Kiki Rice looks versatile and smooth, but Jadyn Donovan stands out—rebounding at the rim level. A bigger, possibly better version of Mir.

Has Jadyn gotten taller? The last time I saw her Kiki was taller than her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hey Sluconn:

Do you have any stats or videos of 2024 POI, Joyce Edwards, in her 11/26 game against future Gamecock, 2021 Ashlyn Watkins? Camden High vs Cardinal Newman.

Checked all the usual places and there doesn't seem to be any video. Can't even find a report other than a final score.

Reaction Score
Do we know when Mikaylah Williams and Judea Watkins are going to verbal?

Reaction Score
WOW. She's big, strong, fast, and quick. And she leaves some rarely seen moves in her wake. Wow again.

Looks great! Hard to tell how to translate this performance into the college game. Looks like she is playing against junior high team.

Reaction Score
Checked all the usual places and there doesn't seem to be any video. Can't even find a report other than a final score.
I have been told that Watkins was the tournament mvp but can’t find here stats. I found the following about Joyce:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I went too to see the triple-header in Upper Marlboro last night. Surprisingly, I didn't see anyone I recognized as a coach/recruiter.

Good Counsel won the first game rather handily. Riverdale Baptist won the second game handily. The third game was the heavyweight match against 2 of the best teams in the nation, Sidwell Friends and Bishop McNamara.

In a game of runs--to the extreme--Sidwell won. They won the tip thanks to Jadyn Donovan, and Kiki Rice scored on a nice cut at the hoop. Donovan scored on the next possession. At the end of Q1, Sidwell was ahead, 17-9. On a couple of nice plays, they ran a player off a screen and hit open 3-pointers.

Over the next 2 quarters, McNamara outscored Sidwell by 14-8 and 16-7. The athletes on McNamara made things difficult by blocking shots and deflecting several passes. At one point, McNamara had about a 12-point lead, and Sidwell looked to be in big trouble. But then, Sidwell upped its pressure defense and won the 4th quarter by 30-10--and eventually the game by 62-49. That coincided with Sahnya Jah going out for McNamara with an ankle injury. When she came back it was too late. Sidwell got several steals and got to the free throw line multiple times.

There were multiple Division 1 prospects in each game. Sidwell has 3 top-10 players, and McNamara has 6 top-75 players. Jah was big and dynamic. She looks like a future star. Qadence Samuels also stood out, not just for her DiDi Richards hairstyle. For Sidwell, Kiki showed her stuff. She is not the dynamic scorer that Azzi was in high school, but she is athletic, versatile, and smart. She is also a premier free throw shooter, going 10 for 10--only her 9th shot hit the rim. Jadyn Donovan stood out as well by grabbing rebounds and scoring at the rim. She looks like a slightly taller version of Mir. She's listed as a guard/wing. She's not the ball-handler that Kiki is, but she took the ball the length of the floor a couple of times. Her athleticism is spectacular. It was a fun evening.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On her same school team, class of 2023 post Riley Stack is finding a rhythm. She’s an outside to inside threat even at 6-foot-4. That said, Stack made the nice post move I saw this week with a drop over her right shoulder into a left-hand half-hook that kissed softly off the glass.

In that same game, class of 2023 wing Chloe Kitts of DME Academy (FL) really got it going in the second half. She’s a tough matchup for just about any high school nationally when she gets in her bag.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Chavez, Fr., Monterey

Aaliyah Chavez is playing well beyond her years to begin her high school career, but it's not that big of a surprise to Monterey girls basketball coach Jill Schneider.

Schneider has known the freshman for a long time, and Chavez has always shown ability above her age. The coach even said Chavez could handle a basketball as well as her varsity players when Chavez was in fifth grade.

Add in a tireless work ethic, Schneider said, and the result is the kind of performances Chavez has produced. That includes a 45-point, 18-assist game against Plainview in which she set the school record for 3-pointers. Chavez connected on 11 of 16 attempts from beyond the arc.

"Eighteen assists in itself is great, even if you score 10 points," Schneider said. "And she was very close to having a triple-double with her rebounds. I just think she's such an overall player. She's not just a scorer. She's a prolific scorer, but she also works just as hard every play on defense. She's one of our leading rebounders. She's clearly our assist leader.

"She just does so many things well."

Schneider said the Lady Plainsmen have plenty to work on defensively, but Chavez's offensive prowess has allowed the team to outscore opponents. She's excited to see where the freshman can go from here.

"She's worked for everything she's gotten," Schneider said. "So I'm happy that she's getting the recognition that she deserves."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom