December Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Malaysia Fulwiley vs Talaysia Cooper below.

Milaysia and Keenan High won. They also beat Joyce Edwards Camden Team and Asklyn Watkins Cardinal Newman team last week. Malaysia outscored Edwards and had 41 against Watkins' team.

I've lost track and don't know these players. Is UConn connected to Cooper or Fulwilley?

Trying to keep this thread about UConn recruiting.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ok, while at the ND-UConn game today I went to stretch my legs at half (after the Olympics Ceremony) and I happened by the Media, ND and UConn Recruits Ticket table. All was quiet as they were packing up and I politely asked “Does UConn have any recruits here today? no names of course”, with a smile and the lady chuckled and said, “Yes, UConn had some recruits at the game today”.
So, I ask my knowledgeable colleagues here, do we know who these recruits were who went to the game? Just asking for a friend…
Orange WNBA hoodie to the right of Aubrey seems to be one.

Sorry for the disturbing photo.

UConn vs Notre Dame at Gampel Pavilion 12/5/21

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've lost track and don't know these players. Is UConn connected to Cooper or Fulwilley?

Fulwiley maybe but Cooper has already committed to SC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Having checked the photo gallery
There appears to be some recruits and parents sitting behind the UCONN bench. However all/most of them are not recognizable because they were wearing masks.

Megan Rapinoe is directly behind Aubrey and Rebeca Lobo is one row behind Megan in the brown coat. Directly to Rebecca's left are where I guessing the recruits start.
The guy in the grey jacked looks like Dan Hurley. Not him I'm sure, but there is a resemblance. I hope the recruits were impressed. Q4 was really good until the last minute...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Having checked the photo gallery
There appears to be some recruits and parents sitting behind the UCONN bench. However all/most of them are not recognizable because they were wearing masks.

Megan Rapinoe is directly behind Aubrey and Rebeca Lobo is one row behind Megan in the brown coat. Directly to Rebecca's left are where I guessing the recruits start.
Do we count Rebecca's husband Steve and their oldest daughter? That's the bald guy in the middle.

Reaction Score

Fulwiley is a UConn POI that has been featured often on this board' recruiting threads. And I mention she also beat Joyce Edwards' team . Joyce is considered the number one prospect for 2024.

So, no, I was not posting players who are unrelated to UConn recruiting. These might be players in SC high schools, but I don't think interest stops at Dawn. In fact, I greatly fear we will not get Edwards.

Reaction Score
I don't have confirmation, but the girl in the orange hoodie looks a lot like '24 Sarah Strong.

Watch this new video and see what you think.

I certainly am not predicting the same outcome but this visit is very much like Brady's recruitment. Early interest on both sides and a unofficial visit early in her sophomore year. This kid is skilled, can get off the floor and is a load getting good coaching on how to use her body. I'm ready to get on board with her recruitment.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I certainly am not predicting the same outcome but this visit is very much like Brady's recruitment. Early interest on both sides and a unofficial visit early in her sophomore year. This kid is skilled, can get off the floor and is a load getting good coaching on how to use her body. I'm ready to get on board with her recruitment.
Very skilled

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Olson from Saturday 12/4. Keep an eye out for #30 in white Greenway too. She's a big talent that I would not be surprised to see UConn having interest in.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brandon Clay with some quick notes on some of the players recently named to the Naismith watchlists:

Part 1:

During the 2020-21 season, Groot made the move to play alongside Ashlyn Watkins at Cardinal Newman while New York was on hault from playing games. Groot showed that she is a national level prospect who should still make plenty of noise back home this year at Dalton School.

Hidalgo is yet another product of the always talented state of New Jersey. The dynamic yet steady point guard rarely makes mistakes trying to do too much. Her production reflects that.

There aren’t many prospects nationally who have had the run during the Pandemic that Kitts has. She has been all over the country sharpening her game and her production has skyrocketed as a result. Kitts will lead DME Academ
y en route to a possible GEICO Nationals appearance.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Part 2:

Olson has had a banner run the past 12 months playing her way onto this prestigious list in the process. She has the length and skill to put up numbers during the school season.

Peterson really emerged over the summer months as a prospect that should be a major factor on the West Coast this season. Much like Ogden, Peterson’s team will very much go as she does so expect big things from the efficient sophomore this year.

Randolph is at one of the nation’s most prestigious high schools. As a result, she will have an elite level school schedule this season that will give her ample chances to earn even more accolades.

Thomas’ combination of size, fluidity and upside land her on the Watch List this season. She is one of the few frontcourt players nationwide with collegiate level length and talent that projects to a high level of play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There's always a level of fun, for Arnold.

"First name would be Kamorea, but you know it's easier for people to just say KK so I respect that. They still mistake me for 'Kamoria' so honestly you know, KK is the better route to go, " Arnold says.

Arnold has a favorite UConn player.

"Definitely watching when I was younger, younger. Maya Moore. A couple years after that, Moriah Jefferson and them. All the point guards. Their legacy coming through is super. Diana Taurasi. All the GOATS."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
11/27

Morgan Cheli ('24): 18 points, 8 steals

12/3

Keziah Lofton HS debut: 18 points

12/6

Lauren Hassell ('27): 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 stls, 2 blks

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...after looking at some video of Sarah Strong I sure hope that was her here for the ND game.
2024 kid...from North Carolina...described as a 6'2" wing...espn has her #5 in the class of 2024.
She has considerable size but seems quite mobile and smooth. She has some hops....not sure that it matches our 2023
Patterson but the dunk on the video looks legit. Offensive skill package looks quite nice...especially for a soph in high school

Hope it was her...and that the interest is mutual and on a high level.

Reaction Score

This kid cannot possibly be a HS freshman. In a couple years, when she’s doing this stuff a step or two quicker, she’ll probably be one of the top 3 or so HS non-posts in the country.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
370293C4-EB5B-4573-BF1E-6F1E52B445BE.jpeg

I hung around after work to watch POI Blanca Thomas (2024). The two teams were pretty mismatched and Charlotte Catholic had a 14(ish) point lead going into halftime. I’m obviously no professional, but some things I noticed…

Pros
  • A sturdy frame for a sophomore of her size. She’s definitely put on some muscle from what I remember seeing in her last highlight videos
  • Soft touch inside — rebounding without bringing it back down and putting the shot back up
  • Really engaged on the bench when she wasn’t in at the end of the first and beginning of the second
  • Vocal directing offensive movement
  • Dove for a loose ball at half court — pleasantly surprised

Cons
  • I expected her to be more dominant, especially because she was she was at least 4 inches taller than anyone else on the floor
  • Definitely needs to work on conditioning — some pretty quick up and down by the end of Q1 and she wasn’t making it back past half court
  • Easily beat off of the dribble when drawn out of the post — a little bit seems like conditioning, but mostly defensive mismatches
  • Not a lot of off ball movement (And their was a surprising amount of movement in their offense for an okay high school team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom