December Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/7

Ayanna Patterson: 21 points (8-14 FG, 1-1 3-PT, 4-7 FT), 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks.

Patterson was called for two fouls 25 seconds in and then sat the entire quarter.

Reaction Score
Top 25 teams
1 Desoto
4 Sidwell
5 McNamara
14 IMG
23 St Johns
25 Christ the King

FE90DZAXoAgcPR7.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ASGR with an early 2023 class ranking list. UConn #1 on after the verbal of KK Arnold.

Thanks to Stoli.

For validation of McCormick’s last point, all you need to do is look at UConn. As we’ve come to expect given the program’s history, it’s no surprise that UConn is ranked No. 1 on ASGR’s list. The Huskies received only one early commitment, but it’s a big one. That’s 5-foot-9 point guard Kamorea (“KK’’) Arnold.

Arnold is ranked No. 7 on ASGR’s list of the top individuals for 2023. None of the six players rated above her made an early commitment. Some other schools are ranked highly because of the quantity of players that made early commitments. But UConn’s ranking is all about quality.

“KK is the top point guard in the country,’’ McCormick said. “She is the full package, athletic and strong. She can do it all.’’

But Arnold won’t be asked to do it all right away. Thanks to the skill and depth already on UConn’s roster, Arnold can be brought along slowly.

“A lot of times, UConn’s freshmen don’t play right away,’’ McCormick said. “KK has the ability to contribute right away, but she probably won’t start.’’

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There's always a level of fun, for Arnold.

"First name would be Kamorea, but you know it's easier for people to just say KK so I respect that. They still mistake me for 'Kamoria' so honestly you know, KK is the better route to go, " Arnold says.

Arnold has a favorite UConn player.

"Definitely watching when I was younger, younger. Maya Moore. A couple years after that, Moriah Jefferson and them. All the point guards. Their legacy coming through is super. Diana Taurasi. All the GOATS."

KK is very astute in concisely describing UConn: “All the GOATs.”

Reaction Score
12/7

I don’t usually follow many far in the future prospects, but I recall viewing a training clip from this young lady.
Incredibly dedicated and an amazing work ethic.
Trains early, early in the morning and later in the day.
Trains at night.
Running steps like a maniac.
Non stop.
Very good ball handler.
Very personable and works at least as hard as anyone I’ve ever seen.
A real force of nature.
I am most impressed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don’t usually follow many far in the future prospects, but I recall viewing a training clip from this young lady.
Incredibly dedicated and an amazing work ethic.
Trains early, early in the morning and later in the day.
Trains at night.
Running steps like a maniac.
Non stop.
Very good ball handler.
Very personable and works at least as hard as anyone I’ve ever seen.
A real force of nature.
I am most impressed.

Chavez is a beast. Been a lot more demonstrative on the court this year than I figured her for. UConn could probably use that fire and confidence but not sure what Geno will make of it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

1. Isuneh Brady - PF - 6'3" - Cathedral Catholic​

Isuneh "Ice" Brady has been at the top of the 2022 class in SoCal since her middle school years. Brady is a force in the paint and has a smooth back to basket game with the ability to face up and knock shots down. She is a phenomenal interior defender and has been terrorizing teams for years. The UCONN commit will translate her skillset well to the next level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

1. Kennedy Smith - SF - 6'1" - Etiwanda

Kennedy Smith has emerged as one of the top Forwards in the state. Her combination of size, athleticism, and skill is very impressive and her versatility on offense stands out. Smith can step out and knock shots down, play with her back to the basket, or get downhill off of the dribble. Her Etiwanda squad has looked very impressive early on and will look to make a big run this season.

2. Mackenly Randolph - SF - 6' - Sierra Canyon

With basketball DNA, Mackenly Randolph has been at the top of watch lists for a long time. However, now in her sophomore season, Randolph is emerging as one of the top players in the state. The athletic wing can do it all and her size and strength are impressive. With a superstar cast of teammates at Sierra Canyon, Randolph will be dominating well into the playoffs.

4. Destiny Agubata - G - 5'11 - Etiwanda

Destiny Agubata is a strong and athletic guard with an exceptional slashing ability. Her length and strength help her finish through contact well and her ability to handle the ball and create is impressive. Agubata has shown that she can step out and shoot the ball, as well as play with her back to basket. Defensively she is one of the top in the state and she can guard multiple positions well. Expect to see her dominating late into the playoffs this year.

5. Tajianna Roberts - SG - 5'11 - La Jolla Country Day

Tajianna Roberts is a versatile scorer that can stretch the floor with her range and also score well from the paint. Her size allows her to score over defenders and she uses her body well as a slasher. Roberts' ability to create for others and spread the floor does goes hand in hand with her all star cast of teammates at LJCD.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

3. Brea Cunningham - PF - 6'3 - La Jolla Country Day

LJCD Forward Brea Cunningham is one of the top forwards and has continued to improve year after year. At 6'3, Cunningham is a force in the paint but her smooth footwork and touch is what really sets her apart. Her ability to step out and shoot the ball or face up and make a play will take her far and she has been the driving force behind LJCD's success in recent years. With an even greater cast of teammates, she will look to make a big run and impact this year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/2

'24 Britt Prince: 30 points (13-15 FG), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 10 steals

12/6

'24 Devin Coppinger: 23 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists

Reaction Score
ASGR with an early 2023 class ranking list. UConn #1 on after the verbal of KK Arnold.

Thanks to Stoli.

For validation of McCormick’s last point, all you need to do is look at UConn. As we’ve come to expect given the program’s history, it’s no surprise that UConn is ranked No. 1 on ASGR’s list. The Huskies received only one early commitment, but it’s a big one. That’s 5-foot-9 point guard Kamorea (“KK’’) Arnold.

Arnold is ranked No. 7 on ASGR’s list of the top individuals for 2023. None of the six players rated above her made an early commitment. Some other schools are ranked highly because of the quantity of players that made early commitments. But UConn’s ranking is all about quality.

“KK is the top point guard in the country,’’ McCormick said. “She is the full package, athletic and strong. She can do it all.’’

But Arnold won’t be asked to do it all right away. Thanks to the skill and depth already on UConn’s roster, Arnold can be brought along slowly.

“A lot of times, UConn’s freshmen don’t play right away,’’ McCormick said. “KK has the ability to contribute right away, but she probably won’t start.’’

nice....... so she's now 5'9"?.............. or 5'6" or somewhere in between.......;)

Reaction Score
If you watch many videos of KK she is one endearing little girl. I think she is probably even underated by many being hidden away up there in Wisconsin but she is a great catch to me. I'm very glad she committed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Roisin Grandberry (2024 Rolling Meadows HS): A high upside post with her size and abilities. She stands at 6’4” and has good length as well. Grandberry was able to score on a good amount of her paint touches. She showed off some nice moves while posting up as well to nice soft touch. Defensively she plays with plenty of energy and can be a shutdown paint defender with all her tools.

Reaction Score

With all due respect, what value could this video possible offer?
111-2?
The coaches, that couldn’t think of a more productive alternative than this for their girls, should BOTH be disciplined.
No excuse for this to happen.
EOM

Reaction Score
With all due respect, what value could this video possible offer?
111-2?
The coaches, that couldn’t think of a more productive alternative than this for their girls, should BOTH be disciplined.
No excuse for this to happen.
EOM
I understand why you made that assumption. I should have made it clearer in my post.
This video may or may not have been from the 111-2 game. It was one of a few available on her. I included it so Members here could take a look at Katie in game play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/8

Katie Fiso: 22 points, 3 assists

12/7

Sahara Williams: 20 points, 8 rebounds, 5 steals

Priyanka Ponnam: 19 points

Mikaylah Williams: 19 points

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Roisin Grandberry (2024 Rolling Meadows HS): A high upside post with her size and abilities. She stands at 6’4” and has good length as well. Grandberry was able to score on a good amount of her paint touches. She showed off some nice moves while posting up as well to nice soft touch. Defensively she plays with plenty of energy and can be a shutdown paint defender with all her tools.
Saw Granbberry freshman highlights on Max Preps. She is very impressive for a freshman big with a Kiah Stokes kind of sturdy build , decisive and quick movement , very comfortable shooting the deep ball with good mechanics and an advanced game as far as using the glass and the floor ( bounce pass). Very promising and worth keeping an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom