December Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ayanna seems to have seriously bumped up her free throw percentage from last year.
That's a good sign going forward in and of itself but it augurs well for her overall face-up game from mid-range.
I still think...at least for her frosh year...her main contributions will be in defense all over the court and rebounding.
She will be in the regular rotation and fun to watch.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Dunmore all-stater helped the Lady Bucks make challenges by top teams from Maryland and Kentucky look routine during the She Got Game Classic DMV in Springfield, Va.

Toomey began the season with 35 points in a 67-30 rout of Riverdale Baptist from Maryland Dec. 10, then added 21 points and 11 rebounds in a 67-43 victory over Christian Academy from Louisville, Ky. Sunday morning.

For those efforts, Toomey has been selected as the first Brucelli Advertising District 2 Girls Basketball Player of the Week this season.

Toomey had 22 first-half points against Riverdale Baptist, including 13 during a 19-7 second quarter that created a 37-20 halftime lead.

Toomey made the most of those setups, finishing 13-for-18 from the floor, 3-for-6 on 3-pointers and 6-for-7 from the line.

Facing a team that had four Division I prospects and a combined 82-16 record against a national schedule over its previous three full seasons, Toomey helped Dunmore turn the game into a runaway. She also had team-highs in offensive rebounds (four), total rebounds (seven) and blocked shots (three). Her four assists were second on the team to Murray’s eight.

Toomey and Murray then shared the team scoring lead with 21 against Christian Academy, which came into the game with a 7-0 record and wins by an average margin of 26. She had 5 offensive rebounds in the first 10 minutes and also finished the game with 4 blocked shots and 3 assists.

Reaction Score
The Dunmore all-stater helped the Lady Bucks make challenges by top teams from Maryland and Kentucky look routine during the She Got Game Classic DMV in Springfield, Va.

Toomey began the season with 35 points in a 67-30 rout of Riverdale Baptist from Maryland Dec. 10, then added 21 points and 11 rebounds in a 67-43 victory over Christian Academy from Louisville, Ky. Sunday morning.

For those efforts, Toomey has been selected as the first Brucelli Advertising District 2 Girls Basketball Player of the Week this season.

Toomey had 22 first-half points against Riverdale Baptist, including 13 during a 19-7 second quarter that created a 37-20 halftime lead.

Toomey made the most of those setups, finishing 13-for-18 from the floor, 3-for-6 on 3-pointers and 6-for-7 from the line.

Facing a team that had four Division I prospects and a combined 82-16 record against a national schedule over its previous three full seasons, Toomey helped Dunmore turn the game into a runaway. She also had team-highs in offensive rebounds (four), total rebounds (seven) and blocked shots (three). Her four assists were second on the team to Murray’s eight.

Toomey and Murray then shared the team scoring lead with 21 against Christian Academy, which came into the game with a 7-0 record and wins by an average margin of 26. She had 5 offensive rebounds in the first 10 minutes and also finished the game with 4 blocked shots and 3 assists.

Go C!!!

Orc

Reaction Score
Love her demeanor also but that footwork is truly elite even by WNBA standards. She is really going to be hard to cover in the UCONN offense.
She’s so good. Wouldnt surprised me if she starts next year.

Reaction Score
Brady sure seems like a Uconn type player. Ciera Toomey does also. Bigs who can pass and even shoot. OMG! Brady reminds me a little of a left handed Ayilah Boston. She's not as big big she looks like a similar rebounding force who can shoot as well. Skilled and determined. She even has a pretty decent handle.

Patterson matches up very well with some of SC players. We need both types of players. Patterson has the tools to be great. Hopefully she can withstand the Uconn environment. If she just focuses on rebounding and defense her transition should go smoothly. She's going to get put backs and short jumpers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we agree that Tuck had the best footwork of any player under the basket in recent memory but at least from her high school video Brady may have a more complete offensive game.........I'll happily settle for a Tuck like career for Brady but without the injuries....
Tuck. I always was amazed that she could score so consistently even amongst taller defenders. She understood angles and scoring off glass. A rare skill today.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
we agree that Tuck had the best footwork of any player under the basket in recent memory but at least from her high school video Brady may have a more complete offensive game.........I'll happily settle for a Tuck like career for Brady but without the injuries....
Also, Brady will be surrounded by just as much talent, imo, with better players joining the team during her sophomore season than joined the Tuck team during her sophomore season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ayanna seems to have seriously bumped up her free throw percentage from last year.
That's a good sign going forward in and of itself but it augurs well for her overall face-up game from mid-range.
I still think...at least for her frosh year...her main contributions will be in defense all over the court and rebounding.
She will be in the regular rotation and fun to watch.
I think I read that AP has improved her FT shooting from about 63% to 70%. Fairly respectable and headed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom