December Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is not Chloe Kitts. This is Chloe Briggs!
And I like Kitts. It's a coinflip for me but probably a better shot at Kitts than Booker I think. I believe Booker will stay in the South.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Numerous UConn POI from Oklahoma. This local article breaks some of them down.

Taliyah Parker, So., Putnam West

Parker enters as No. 7 ranking of the 2024 class. The forward was one of 34 invited to USA’s Women’s U16 National Team Trials in May. The sophomore missed an extended period of time last season due to an ankle injury and surgery. But after recovering, the 6-foot-1 guard is bound to make a big impact this year with her versatility and playmaking abilities.

"She's one of those players who's able to get her shot whenever she wants to," First-year Putnam West head coach Ja'Ron Jefferson said. "So, stopping her is hard to do. She's able to create shots for herself and also create plays for her teammates. She is very good at finding players in the open court. Her vision is next level."

Keziah Lofton, Fr., Bethany

Despite standing at 5-foot-11, Lofton is one of the quickest players which allows her to dominate at the point guard position. This summer she even improved on her ball handling after the left-hander broke her left wrist after being fouled at an ORU team camp in June. She has since "developed her right hand", which Bethany coach Eric Sailer calls, "A blessing in disguise."

"She can do things with the ball that I have yet to see and I've coached for 25 years," Sailer said. "But she definitely has the skill set that's pointing her in the direction of Division-I programs for a reason."

Keeley Parks, Fr., Norman

Parks enters after Norman's 19-0 undefeated Class 6A state championship season. Coach Michael Neal has moved on to Oklahoma women's basketball and Parks' father has stepped into the head coaching role. But the freshman looks the part of a star player, already standing at 5-foot-11. She's quick with ball-handling skills and has a good understanding of the defensive side of the ball.

Norman coach Frankie Parks believes ESPN ranked Keeley as a top 25 player in the 2025 class because of a combination of her size, ball-handling, shooting efficiency and defensive mindedness.

"Keeley is just a different type of athlete and basketball player. From a physicality standpoint, she's a kid that's 5'11, solid build, so can withstand the physicality that comes along with playing."

Sania Richardson, Fr., Ada

Richardson enters as a point guard that can score at all three levels on the floor. She was named as the MVP of the 2021 Super 16 All-Star game, which holds top players in middle school and junior high from around the state. Richardson scored 21 points in the contest. Richardson is a 5-foot-4 guard that has already made a good impression on Ada coach Christie Jennings and the team.

"We were excited to see her on the ESPN top 25 but weren’t surprised," Jennings said. "We know her future is extremely bright. We look forward to what she will bring to our team this year."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/14

Mikaylah Williams: 17 points

Blanca Thomas: 21 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks

12/13

Roison Grandberry: 7 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks

Reaction Score
KK Arnold's game from December 7th. She had 21 points, 7 boards, 7 assists, and 4 steals in this one. She's #1 in white.

I don't envy Geno, CD, etc. trying to make recruiting decisions based on games like this. KK looked strong but the level of competition was low. Some of these games look like scrimmages between the varsity and JV teams. Good luck projecting how players will transition from one year playing against a 5'10" HS center to shooting against Boston in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score

2021 NIKE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS​

December 18-22, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona

To me the best bracket is :
Bishop McNamara (MD)Blanche Ely (FL)Centennial (NV)
Centennial-Corona (CA)Classen SAS (OK)Crestwood Preparatory College (CAN)
Etiwanda (CA)Fremont (UT)Grandview (CO)
La Jolla Country Day (CA)Mater Dei (CA)New Hope Academy (MD)
Sidwell Friends School (DC)St. Mary's Stockton (CA)The Webb School (TN)

#1 Sidwell
#5 Etiwanda
#8 La Jolla Country Day
#9 New Hope
#13 Classen SAS
#15 Bishop Mcnamara
#18 Fremont
#24 Centennial (NV)
#25 The Webb School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics