DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I hope Geno can keep 12+players happy.

I'm sure it's a problem he'll take: It's a better situation than trying to create somethin' out of nothin'.
(I'm speaking from real-life experience watching five walk-ons at ND last night.
:rolleyes: Head bang )

Congrats to UConn fans and Boneyarders for a very solid get. Geno and Chris identified Ms. DeBerry early on and never took the pedal off the metal. Admirable the way they took care of business.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure it's a problem he'll take: It's a better situation than trying to create somethin' out of nothin'.
(I'm speaking from real-life experience watching five walk-ons at ND last night.
:rolleyes: Head bang )
Wow! So If my math is correct, the Irish are currently playing with only 6 recruited scholarship players?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow! So If my math is correct, the Irish are currently playing with only 6 recruited scholarship players?

Yup. :eek:

The Irish were playing last evening when the DeBerry news broke so my eyes were glued to events in South Bend. Brunelle looks beat up by the fouth quarter from having to play post on defense. (No legs on her jumper.) That's why that Tennessee match-up against their board-hounds could be hard. Very hard.

Thank you-know-who we have 6'4" or 6'5" Nat Marshall coming in 2020. I sat next to she and her family at the Fordham game and she was considerably taller than this 6'2" poster. Like UConn, we need to get another post to join her!

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dang it, some BYers are going to have to come up with something different to whine about, now that the "no size" thing seems to be getting blown out of the water. :rolleyes:

wow, somebody literally did exactly that as I was typing this--good job!
First day on the Boneyard? There’s always something to complain about
I hope Geno can keep 12+players happy.
See, only took til page 3. Boneyarders :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yup. :eek:

The Irish were playing when the DeBerry news broke last night. Brunelle looks beat up by the fouth quarter from having to play post on defense. (No legs on her jumper.) That's why that Tennessee match-up against their board-hounds could be hard. Very hard.

Thank you know who we have 6'4" or 6'5" Marshall coming in 2020. I sat next to her family at Fordham and she was considerably taller than this 6'2" poster.
I watched Marshall play twice in the Federation Cup this past March. She certainly has talent. The one issue is that she will need to learn to play in the paint. CTK had two other senior frontcourt players, both D1 signees, who did much of the dirty work in the paint while Marshall played on the perimeter. With the seniors on to college, hopefully Marshall will move her game inside this season. If not, MM will need to pursuade her to do so once she gets to South Bend.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You forgot to mention the Australian prospect that wanted to come to UConn until the elders on the Aussie national team apparently twisted her arm to stay Down Under. I can't recall her name just now, but she was taken in the WNBA draft and may play on this continent after all. EZI MACBEGOR!!!

One has to wonder whether, if one or two of those players had come to Storrs, UConn might not have gotten Edwards, Gabriel, and/or Deberry. If that is true, then their decisions not to come were "all for the best".
I think this is a case where UCONN could have had its cake and eaten it too or however that expression goes.
Ezi would have first suited up for UCONN in the 18-19 season. Worse case she would have been the 7th man and at best case a starter. This season would have been her Sophomore campaign and she would have have killed all debate about who the 5th starter might have been. Edwards and Gabriel will not arrive until next season when Ezi would have been an established junior, likely starter and at a minimum a mentor to both players. DeBerry does not arrive for 2 season when Ezi would either be playing in the WNBA or a senior starter and mentor to DeBerry.

Reaction Score
Dang it, some BYers are going to have to come up with something different to whine about, now that the "no size" thing seems to be getting blown out of the water. :rolleyes:

wow, somebody literally did exactly that as I was typing this--good job!

nah they could still use another 6'3" plus front court recruit.............. ;)

Reaction Score
Just imagine this lineup in 2021:

1. Bueckers So Muhl So
2. WIlliams Sr Makurat Jr
3. Westbrook RS Sr(if she stays) Griffin Jr Poffenbarger Fr
4. Edwards So McClean So DeBerry Fr
5. Neslon-Ododa Sr. Gabriel So

Add Fudd to that mix and there is no need to even play the games, just give UConn the NC and save everybody time.

hope so but Stanford may have something to say about that...........

Reaction Score
Well, we can’t have it both ways. BY’ers have been complaining about a lack of quality depth and size since 2016. Now that Geno and his staff have leapfrogged the competition to line up a remarkable group of talented recruits we’re gonna complain about too many players on the roster?

Which problem would you rather have? I’m gonna choose the “too many players” problem. I’ll let Geno and his staff worry about that one because I’ll be,

Nestled all snug in my bed.
With visions of championship banners dancing in my head.

it's only a problem if some of them don't get off the bench..................if they earn it bring em in in waves!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
it's only a problem if some of them don't get off the bench..................if they earn it bring em in in waves!!!!
With that idea in mind, I do believe that Geno has been fascinated for some time with the strategy employed by his good buddy Doug Bruno at Depaul. While I’m not saying that Geno will swap out players 5 at a time like the Blue Demons, it would not surprise me if he implements a strategy more commonly seen in the pro ranks where somewhere by the second qtr most of the starters are on the bench, with the process repeated again in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
With that idea in mind, I do believe that Geno has been fascinated for some time with the strategy employed by his good buddy Doug Bruno at Depaul. While I’m not saying that Geno will swap out players 5 at a time like the Blue Demons, it would not surprise me if he implements a strategy more commonly seen in the pro ranks where somewhere by the second qtr most of the starters are on the bench, with the process repeated again in the 2nd half.

I would think it would be unnerving to the opponents to see ten fresh talented legs on the court.................if they knew what they were doing that is.......

Reaction Score
Boomer :confused:
It's not a name, it's a meme. Google it. However, it was just a tease...no offence intended. It's a joke in our cave, JavaDaughter uses it often to make a point with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom