DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Y’all had me thinking Azzi Committed too! :D lol - you have to watch your wording lol

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Who commits on an unofficial visit? Players who really want to play for UConn! This is why you should never get upset when high school kids(Boston, Nat Marshall, Cardoso, Collier) don’t commit to UConn! We want the ones who want to be here! Bleed Blue!

Amen!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
And just think that the DeBerry, Poffenbarger (and hopefully Fudd) class won’t graduate until 2025. That’s putting a lot pressure on us old guys to hang around that long but I certainly wouldn’t want to miss what is going to be another fantastic run !
Guess you want any top 10 players to commit for 2022! :cool: :cool:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I hope Geno can keep 12+players happy.
I can tell already that this will be the main theme of the next round of "worrier posts". UConn now has too many talented players on its roster; how can Geno possibly give them all enough minutes so that they don't get unhappy and transfer (since we all know how liberal the NCAA has gotten with transfers ...)?

Half the team will transfer out so that they can get minutes, and then UConn will finish in the bottom tier of the New Big East. We are dooooooomed!

Reaction Score
People, you do realize that Lauren Betts at 6'7" in 2022 is a very real possibility.
If she continues to develop, she would likely start from day 1 here. She is terrific.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Coming from the PAC 12 fan?! I’m glad you know the facts!

I may be a homer, but I'm a realist. Of active coaches, Mulkey has 3 and Tara has 2 (and will probably retire somewhat close to the same time Geno does), a handful of others have 1. Who has any real chance of getting to double figure Titles? Mulkey is less than a decade younger than Geno and Tara. Unless she suddenly starts winning one every other year, there's just no way.

Reaction Score
I can tell already that this will be the main theme of the next round of "worrier posts". UConn now has too many talented players on its roster; how can Geno possibly give them all enough minutes so that they don't get unhappy and transfer (since we all know how liberal the NCAA has gotten with transfers ...)?

Half the team will transfer out so that they can get minutes, and then UConn will finish in the bottom tier of the New Big East. We are dooooooomed!

Lighten up Francis, it is a legitimate concern. We all know there have been hundreds of transfers in WBB. If the freshmen can be patient they will develop and multiple championships are probable.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she continues to develop, she would likely start from day 1 here. She is terrific.
That’s going out on a limb considering that two really good 6’5” posts will be on the roster.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis, it is a legitimate concern. We all know there have been hundreds of transfers in WBB. If the freshmen can be patient they will develop and multiple championships are probable.
Well, we can’t have it both ways. BY’ers have been complaining about a lack of quality depth and size since 2016. Now that Geno and his staff have leapfrogged the competition to line up a remarkable group of talented recruits we’re gonna complain about too many players on the roster?

Which problem would you rather have? I’m gonna choose the “too many players” problem. I’ll let Geno and his staff worry about that one because I’ll be,

Nestled all snug in my bed.
With visions of championship banners dancing in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom