Death storm | The Boneyard

Death storm

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
:( Power is out all over town here in NJ

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Buck up. We endure power outages all the time. Nine days in Sandy and seven in Irene. I wanted to kill people by the second day; after five days I was rabid. I hate them, but still...a few hours can be a nice change of pace.

Tree fell on my house and across driveway, blocking egress, shortly after 7:00 a.m. this morning. Huge white oak. Sounded like thunder inside the house. Hoping to have it removed tomorrow. Arborist came out to assess and said he will need a bucket truck to pull it off the house. Then we check the damage with claims adjuster...

Good times.

Hoping no more damage tonight; wind is still howling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Buck up. We endure power outages all the time. Nine days in Sandy and seven in Irene. I wanted to kill people by the second day; after five days I was rabid. I hate them, but still...a few hours can be a nice change of pace.

Tree fell on my house and across driveway, blocking egress, shortly after 7:00 a.m. this morning. Huge white oak. Sounded like thunder inside the house. Hoping to have it removed tomorrow. Arborist came out to assess and said he will need a bucket truck to pull it off the house. Then we check the damage with claims adjuster...

Good times.

Damn. That sucks man. Hang in there. Lots of teees down and power out across eastern Mass. my wife’s cousin texted us from her house a block+ from the ocean in Quincy. Her yard is a lake.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn. That sucks man. Hang in there. Lots of teees down and power out across eastern Mass. my wife’s cousin texted us from her house a block+ from the ocean in Quincy. Her yard is a lake.
Thanks. Yeah I think high tide is trouble for the folks on the shore. Thankfully we're a few miles away from that.

We've had such a run of issues of late I'm actually relieved that no one is hurt and, unlike our failed septic system, this is covered by insurance and should *only* cost the $500 deductible.

Crazy that it happened within minutes of my wife pulling in and when I would otherwise have been pulling out. Would have easily crushed a car and killed the occupant(s).

Reaction Score
Still have power but no cable or internet. I am currently fighting my neighbors for LTE data. Everyone is on it so it keeps bouncing me off

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Good times.

Nine days during Sandy? Try two weeks plus no gas. Psssh, I scoff at your nine days. Scoff.

(Oh but that tree thing is scary. Stay safe!)

Reaction Score
Thanks. Yeah I think high tide is trouble for the folks on the shore. Thankfully we're a few miles away from that.

We've had such a run of issues of late I'm actually relieved that no one is hurt and, unlike our failed septic system, this is covered by insurance and should *only* cost the $500 deductible.

Crazy that it happened within minutes of my wife pulling in and when I would otherwise have been pulling out. Would have easily crushed a car and killed the occupant(s).

Earlier high tide came up to middle beach rd seaweed is all over it now after it went back down. Have a feeling tonight's high tide will make a push a little further. Neck road is probably getting hit pretty bad.

Stay safe

Reaction Score
I lost power in West Hartford because of the wind. Kind of bent right now.

Reaction Score
The only good thing I'll say about Eversource (CL&P) is they finally started taking tree trimming seriously like 5 years ago. Of course that happened after the two largest power outages in state history separated by like 2 months.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lost power at home but I'm at work on a go-live. About 400k without power in MA right now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nine days during Sandy? Try two weeks plus no gas. Psssh, I scoff at your nine days. Scoff.

(Oh but that tree thing is scary. Stay safe!)

Didn't you start to get a little vigilante after a week? After seeing Three Billboards... I have some better ideas about how to approach it next time.

Earlier high tide came up to middle beach rd seaweed is all over it now after it went back down. Have a feeling tonight's high tide will make a push a little further. Neck road is probably getting hit pretty bad.

Stay safe

Oof. Thanks. You too. Hoping to get a run in down there tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We never lose power unless something absolutely catastrophic happens. We’ve had the house 18 years and outside of the time the grid went down, we might have had one other interuption that lasted more than a few hours.

But that’s a problem.

Every time the power goes out for a family member, they end up here. Tonight, my mother landed here with her dog.

We do not have pets. There’s never been an animal in the house before tonight. Everything is really, really clean - nothing against pet people, but your houses are never actually clean. They just seem clean to you. In reality, you live in a barn. No-pet clean is like thirty orbits over pet clean.

The dog was in the house for less than a minute before it slipped its collar and peed on the freaking living room couch. My wife is outwardly handling it well. Inwardly, she is on fire and I’m probably going to be killed.

7_FA981_E4-_F50_C-4_D90-_A063-89_A74898_AF00.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Good times.

Thoughts and prayers.

During Sandy if it weren't for the very rare winds blowing to the west my wife and I would be dead as we watched a huge tree fall away from the family room we were in.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We never lose power unless something absolutely catastrophic happens. We’ve had the house 18 years and outside of the time the grid went down, we might have had one other interuption that lasted more than a few hours.

But that’s a problem.

Every time the power goes out for a family member, they end up here. Tonight, my mother landed here with her dog.

We do not have pets. There’s never been an animal in the house before tonight. Everything is really, really clean - nothing against pet people, but your houses are never actually clean. They just seem clean to you. In reality, you live in a barn. No-pet clean is like thirty orbits over pet clean.

The dog was in the house for less than a minute before it slipped its collar and peed on the freaking living room couch. My wife is outwardly handling it well. Inwardly, she is on fire and I’m probably going to be killed.

Thoughts and prayers.

I'm guessing your mom has a yorkie, westie or cairn terrier?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

But that’s a problem.

Thank you for making me feel fortunate tonight.

Funny thing is we are pet people and far from clean. I have a kind of holistic view that I stay healthy by being exposed to a little filth all the time, and knock on wood I am very rarely sick. But my mother in law moved close by a couple years ago and got a pup of her own. Apparently the thing is an angel everywhere else but feels the need to crap and pee whenever she is in our house. I love my mother in law but I banned the dog a couple months ago and it’s kind of an issue now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not even waiting for responses. Just firing them off. Fishy doing his best to keep his head down.

I’m just sitting and dreading the inevitable.

There’s no way to contain the dog to the downstairs. There are no physical barriers that would prevent this animal from upstairs. It will be upstairs. There’s nothing I can do that will keep this beast downstairs. (“Beast” = 9-pound Havanese.) My wife will see this dog upstairs in this house very shortly. It’s going to happen.

Those are the text messages that I’m really afraid of.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m just sitting and dreading the inevitable.

There’s no way to contain the dog to the downstairs. There are no physical barriers that would prevent this animal from upstairs. It will be upstairs. There’s nothing I can do that will keep this beast downstairs. (“Beast” = 9-pound Havanese.) My wife will see this dog upstairs in this house very shortly. It’s going to happen.

Those are the text messages that I’m really afraid of.
No stair gates? Lie a couple chairs on top of each other in opposite directions at the bottom of the stairs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No stair gates? Lie a couple chairs on top of each other in opposite directions at the bottom of the stairs.

We only have a 14-year old. We let her use the stairs these days, so we don’t have any gates.

Reality is that the dog can do so, so much more damage down here. The living room, family room and dining room all have prime peeing rugs. I’m better off risking the guest room. Plus, I bet the stupid thing will bark all night if I find a way to keep it downstairs.

We never bought a dog because of the clean thing, but I never considered this...holy crap, walking a dog is terrible. It’s cold, it’s windy as hell...and the little bastard is covered in fur so she doesn’t care how long we’re out there.

BF0_DA54_A-4638-4_ECE-_A5_BF-72_D6_CA46_B04_B.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom