Death storm | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Death storm

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Currently in a hotel room in Wells Maine on our way to west bumphok maine to get our sheepdog puppy. I see ive got a lot to look forward to. Sweet.

Took a trip to a lighthouse point. The sea is angry.

Reaction Score
Oh no. Any animal that cannot control its urination and defecation activities in our house quickly becomes a strictly outdoors pet.
We went the diaper route on our 18yo poodle. She lasted almost 2 more years. Deaf, blind, and incontinent. At least she stopped barking at everyone.

Reaction Score
All around us without power.
Didn’t realize how lucky we were. Never even noticed a blip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The veterinary economics and hygiene of pet ownership makes no sense. They are filthy animals, and humans should not have to pick up feces. Somebody should open up centers where people who want some pet time can come in and for $10 spend an hour or 2 with a dog or cat then go back to a clean home. No dropping at the kennel and no end of life drama either because one day you go there to see Fido and he’s been neatly replaced by a nearly identical Spot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All around us without power.
Didn’t realize how lucky we were. Never even noticed a blip.
Just looked at the outage site, 95% of my town is without power. Over 46000 people in my county. They are now saying could be out until the 7th. :confused:

That said everyone is safe, nothing hit the house I’m in my family room with a space heater cranking, my wife asleep on my shoulder and my dog snoring in the corner dreaming, no doubt, of peeing on Fishy’s couches. Things could be worse.

Reaction Score
Just looked at the outage site, 95% of my town is without power. Over 46000 people in my county. They are now saying could be out until the 7th. :confused:

That said everyone is safe, nothing hit the house I’m in my family room with a space heater cranking, my wife asleep on my shoulder and my dog snoring in the corner dreaming, no doubt, of peeing on Fishy’s couches. Things could be worse.

You're county has a smaller population than East Hartford? Anyways, hope it comes back soon.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're county has a smaller population than East Hartford? Anyways, hope it comes back soon.
No those are just the ones without power

Reaction Score
Earlier high tide came up to middle beach rd seaweed is all over it now after it went back down. Have a feeling tonight's high tide will make a push a little further. Neck road is probably getting hit pretty bad.

Stay safe

Life long resident of that town. Gloria was the one that put the beating on the waterfront homes there.. If you live on middle beach or neck rd. It goes with the territory.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The veterinary economics and hygiene of pet ownership makes no sense. They are filthy animals, and humans should not have to pick up feces. Somebody should open up centers where people who want some pet time can come in and for $10 spend an hour or 2 with a dog or cat then go back to a clean home. No dropping at the kennel and no end of life drama either because one day you go there to see Fido and he’s been neatly replaced by a nearly identical Spot.

Obviously it makes no sense. But, they are great to hang out with or whatever else dog people tell you. I have his argument weekly at work.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ah okay I misread that. I was wondering how it was possible any county in NJ could be that small.
Total people out of power currently at a quarter million. This storm was bigger deal than I realized.

Hearing that crews are getting closer to our area. Hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
Obviously it makes no sense. But, they are great to hang out with or whatever else dog people tell you. I have his argument weekly at work.
I play fetch outside every morning with my labs (14yrs still fetches, and 1), I like the 10 minutes of piece to start the day regardless of weather though summer certainly better. Some people like walks, I like throwing a ball and watching the dog jump & have fun. Kids love the dogs and get comfort and companionship. Took the puppy mountain biking in the fall and listening to her breathe behind me & my 13yr old was great fun, can't wait until its warm enough to restart.
Then when I come home they are always happy to see me, find me later at night to lie near - but not too close. Its all about the right kind of dog for the family.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I play fetch outside every morning with my labs (14yrs still fetches, and 1), I like the 10 minutes of piece to start the day regardless of weather though summer certainly better. Some people like walks, I like throwing a ball and watching the dog jump & have fun. Kids love the dogs and get comfort and companionship. Took the puppy mountain biking in the fall and listening to her breathe behind me & my 13yr old was great fun, can't wait until its warm enough to restart.
Then when I come home they are always happy to see me, find me later at night to lie near - but not too close. Its all about the right kind of dog for the family.
Post/handle

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Post/handle

18_01_22_underdog_mask_deacon_eagles.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is Fishy still alive?

Yes.

My mother left yesterday afternoon with the dog.

The couch has been both condemned and professionally-cleaned. The company that came on a Sunday to clean the couch at a premium declared it perfectly fine because it has (insert fancy name) foam cushions that do not absorb liquids. They took it away yesterday and brought it back today. Nevertheless, we’re buying a new couch.

The bedding in the guest room where the dog slept was not peed on. It was all run through the washing machine anyway and donated to the thrift shop. And then the mattress got cleaned by the people who were here to clean the couch. The cleaning people were visibly nervous talking to my wife; honestly, given the level of intensity with which she directed them, I’m sure they think we killed someone and are trying to get the evidence off the furniture.

It’s going to snow on Wednesday. I’ve explained to my mother that neither of us would survive another day being in the house with my wife and her dog. She has a reservation at a Hilton for Wednesday just in case.

We’re also running a full house now and probably couldn’t fit them in anyway. My sister-in-law and her kids are here because their house still doesn’t have power. Ironically, my nephew has peed two mattresses in this house in the past, but is somehow still welcome. (In fairness, he was three at the time. Those mattresses were both thrown away. Seriously.)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yes.

My mother left yesterday afternoon with the dog.

The couch has been both condemned and professionally-cleaned. The company that came on a Sunday to clean the couch at a premium declared it perfectly fine because it has (insert fancy name) foam cushions that do not absorb liquids. They took it away yesterday and brought it back today. Nevertheless, we’re buying a new couch.

The bedding in the guest room where the dog slept was not peed on. It was all run through the washing machine anyway and donated to the thrift shop. And then the mattress got cleaned by the people who were here to clean the couch. The cleaning people were visibly nervous talking to my wife; honestly, given the level of intensity with which she directed them, I’m sure they think we killed someone and are trying to get the evidence off the furniture.

It’s going to snow on Wednesday. I’ve explained to my mother that neither of us would survive another day being in the house with my wife and her dog. She has a reservation at a Hilton for Wednesday just in case.

We’re also running a full house now and probably couldn’t fit them in anyway. My sister-in-law and her kids are here because their house still doesn’t have power. Ironically, my nephew has peed two mattresses in this house in the past, but is somehow still welcome. (In fairness, he was three at the time. Those mattresses were both thrown away. Seriously.)

Your wife seems like a very measured and reasonable individual.

Reaction Score

Light-years of difference between dogs and cats.

Cats are extremely clean, to the point that they are petrified of leaving their trace anywhere, hence leaving it all in a well-contained box, buried. They also don't slobber on things.

As long as you can keep them from clawing the s___ out of your furniture, you'll barely notice them except when you want to.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
So...

Fishy's mom's dog pees on couch. Fishy is nearly beheaded and the couch is cleaned and soon to be discarded. Dog is told to hit the bricks never to return.

Mrs. Fishy's sister's son pisses a bed twice but is still beloved. Mattresses are replaced like they are tissues.

CL82

Reaction Score
So...

Fishy's mom's dog pees on couch. Fishy is nearly beheaded and the couch is cleaned and soon to be discarded. Dog is told to hit the bricks never to return.

Mrs. Fishy's sister's son pisses a bed twice but is still beloved. Mattresses are replaced like they are tissues.
Hardly seems fair does it?

I still want to know why the couch had to be cleaned to be thrown out. That piece in this drama fascinates me.

Reaction Score
Light-years of difference between dogs and cats.

Cats are extremely clean, to the point that they are petrified of leaving their trace anywhere, hence leaving it all in a well-contained box, buried. They also don't slobber on things.

As long as you can keep them from clawing the s___ out of your furniture, you'll barely notice them except when you want to.

That's basically true unless you have a Siamese, they won't leave you alone. They do like to lick their butthole in front of you with no shame. Very flexible!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hardly seems fair does it?

I still want to know why the couch had to be cleaned to be thrown out. That piece in this drama fascinates me.

I think it makes more sense on the ground here than it does from a distance.

I agreed with cleaning the couch. I’m good with that. Even though I think I cleaned it adequately, there is piece of mind in having a couple of people with fancy crap and wands and vacuums come over to pretend to do magic to the couch. Cleaning the couch brings a sense of calm to the immediate crisis. Peace, temporarily, has been restored - it’ll be 2-3 months before a new couch is delivered, so this is fine.

I don’t think we need a new couch, but I also don’t want to die on that hill. As long as I don’t have to go and be involved with picking it out, I don’t really care one way or another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom