Death storm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Death storm

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There’s no way to contain the dog to the downstairs. There are no physical barriers that would prevent this animal from upstairs. It will be upstairs. There’s nothing I can do that will keep this beast downstairs. (“Beast” = 9-pound Havanese.) My wife will see this dog upstairs in this house very shortly. It’s going to happen.

Up until that point, I thought we were talking:

Master_of_drool_by_tamga-768x1024.jpg

But as it turns out....

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Buck up. We endure power outages all the time. Nine days in Sandy and seven in Irene. I wanted to kill people by the second day; after five days I was rabid. I hate them, but still...a few hours can be a nice change of pace.

Tree fell on my house and across driveway, blocking egress, shortly after 7:00 a.m. this morning. Huge white oak. Sounded like thunder inside the house. Hoping to have it removed tomorrow. Arborist came out to assess and said he will need a bucket truck to pull it off the house. Then we check the damage with claims adjuster...

Good times.

Hoping no more damage tonight; wind is still howling.
You need more secks during these death stirms

Reaction Score
Buck up. We endure power outages all the time. Nine days in Sandy and seven in Irene. I wanted to kill people by the second day; after five days I was rabid. I hate them, but still...a few hours can be a nice change of pace.

Tree fell on my house and across driveway, blocking egress, shortly after 7:00 a.m. this morning. Huge white oak. Sounded like thunder inside the house. Hoping to have it removed tomorrow. Arborist came out to assess and said he will need a bucket truck to pull it off the house. Then we check the damage with claims adjuster...

Good times.

Hoping no more damage tonight; wind is still howling.
Wow, lucky you’re all ok... been seeing lots of falling tree fatalities this week.

Reaction Score
Thank you for making me feel fortunate tonight.

Funny thing is we are pet people and far from clean. I have a kind of holistic view that I stay healthy by being exposed to a little filth all the time, and knock on wood I am very rarely sick. But my mother in law moved close by a couple years ago and got a pup of her own. Apparently the thing is an angel everywhere else but feels the need to crap and pee whenever she is in our house. I love my mother in law but I banned the dog a couple months ago and it’s kind of an issue now.
I feel your pain. Exact same issue with sister-in-laws dog. My wife loves to babysit sit for the dog, but reality is that no other family will do it. I just watch where I step.

Reaction Score
We only have a 14-year old. We let her use the stairs these days, so we don’t have any gates.

Reality is that the dog can do so, so much more damage down here. The living room, family room and dining room all have prime peeing rugs. I’m better off risking the guest room. Plus, I bet the stupid thing will bark all night if I find a way to keep it downstairs.

We never bought a dog because of the clean thing, but I never considered this...holy crap, walking a dog is terrible. It’s cold, it’s windy as hell...and the little bastard is covered in fur so she doesn’t care how long we’re out there.

BF0_DA54_A-4638-4_ECE-_A5_BF-72_D6_CA46_B04_B.jpg
You need to shovel down to the grass!

Reaction Score
We never lose power unless something absolutely catastrophic happens. We’ve had the house 18 years and outside of the time the grid went down, we might have had one other interuption that lasted more than a few hours.

But that’s a problem.

Every time the power goes out for a family member, they end up here. Tonight, my mother landed here with her dog.

We do not have pets. There’s never been an animal in the house before tonight. Everything is really, really clean - nothing against pet people, but your houses are never actually clean. They just seem clean to you. In reality, you live in a barn. No-pet clean is like thirty orbits over pet clean.

The dog was in the house for less than a minute before it slipped its collar and peed on the freaking living room couch. My wife is outwardly handling it well. Inwardly, she is on fire and I’m probably going to be killed.

7_FA981_E4-_F50_C-4_D90-_A063-89_A74898_AF00.jpg
You should beat the dog to the punch and pee in your bed.

We have a cat that lost its mind when our last cat died followed closely by the dog. Damn thing pees and craps everywhere now. I am sick of dragging the carpet cleaner out of the basement. I am praying for the little mental case to croak. We bought these phermone devices to fill the hot spots with cat happy juice. God knows what that is doing to the humans.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You should beat the dog to the punch and pee in your bed.

We have a cat that lost its mind when our last cat died followed closely by the dog. Damn thing pees and craps everywhere now. I am sick of dragging the carpet cleaner out of the basement. I am praying for the little mental case to croak. We bought these phermone devices to fill the hot spots with cat happy juice. God knows what that is doing to the humans.

Oh no. Any animal that cannot control its urination and defecation activities in our house quickly becomes a strictly outdoors pet.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers.

I'm guessing your mom has a yorkie, westie or cairn terrier?
I have three Westie's. Why would you guess the Terrier Group.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh no. Any animal that cannot control its urination and defecation activities in our house quickly becomes a strictly outdoors pet.
The thing I realized with my mother-in-law's dog, which made it even worse, is that she can control it and she is totally fine everywhere else except our house. That tells me she's sending a message either to my wife, or to our dog. Either way it's unacceptable; hence the ban. Last straw was her dropping a deuce in our bedroom, which I stepped in with a bare foot while getting dressed in the morning.

@Fishy , guessing your mother's dog is female?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We only have a 14-year old. We let her use the stairs these days, so we don’t have any gates.

Reality is that the dog can do so, so much more damage down here. The living room, family room and dining room all have prime peeing rugs. I’m better off risking the guest room. Plus, I bet the stupid thing will bark all night if I find a way to keep it downstairs.

We never bought a dog because of the clean thing, but I never considered this...holy crap, walking a dog is terrible. It’s cold, it’s windy as hell...and the little bastard is covered in fur so she doesn’t care how long we’re out there.

BF0_DA54_A-4638-4_ECE-_A5_BF-72_D6_CA46_B04_B.jpg
Chairs can be arranged effectively to block a dog from accessing stairs.

We haven't walked our dog in forever; electric fence is the way to go.

PS: If you do end up having to buy a new mattress, it seems like as good a time as any. I've never seen or heard so many ads for new and different types of mattresses. I feel like we must be entering some kind of mattress renaissance.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Earlier high tide came up to middle beach rd seaweed is all over it now after it went back down. Have a feeling tonight's high tide will make a push a little further. Neck road is probably getting hit pretty bad.

Stay safe
Middle Beach and Seaview were totally clear this morning; still had signs up on Seaview warning of water over the road, but it was dry.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Here in Guilford we just pass all the storm damage to Madison.
Good luck guys!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Didn't you start to get a little vigilante after a week? After seeing Three Billboards... I have some better ideas about how to approach it next time.
Had to kill the neighbors for their gas... it’s nothing I’m proud of. New neighbors are nice though.

Just found out this morning that power will be out for a few days. Already deciding which of the neighbors are expendable.

Reaction Score
The dog was in the house for less than a minute before it slipped its collar and peed on the freaking living room couch. My wife is outwardly handling it well. Inwardly, she is on fire and I’m probably going to be killed.

Every kid considering marriage should read this. I attended MIT for grad school and marriage is the toughest challenge I have faced in my life.

On a positive note, you might be able to clean that couch. If it were a cat, forget about it. goshdarn cats!!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The thing I realized with my mother-in-law's dog, which made it even worse, is that she can control it and she is totally fine everywhere else except our house. That tells me she's sending a message either to my wife, or to our dog. Either way it's unacceptable; hence the ban. Last straw was her dropping a deuce in our bedroom, which I stepped in with a bare foot while getting dressed in the morning.

@Fishy , guessing your mother's dog is female?

Dog is marking its territory, and you aren't invited to visit.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had to kill the neighbors for their gas... it’s nothing I’m proud of. New neighbors are nice though.

Just found out this morning that power will be out for a few days. Already deciding which of the neighbors are expendable.
Bummer.

There happens to be a utility truck in my driveway as I type. But it is my arborist using the bucket as a crane to lift the beast off our house.

Unfortunately looks like some roof damage on our new addition.

Just heard another Big Bang. Gotta go...

CL82

Reaction Score
Bummer.

There happens to be a utility truck in my driveway as I type. But it is my arborist using the bucket as a crane to lift the beast off our house.

Unfortunately looks like some roof damage on our new addition.

Just heard another Big Bang. Gotta go...
Good luck!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Chairs can be arranged effectively to block a dog from accessing stairs.

We haven't walked our dog in forever; electric fence is the way to go.

PS: If you do end up having to buy a new mattress, it seems like as good a time as any. I've never seen or heard so many ads for new and different types of mattresses. I feel like we must be entering some kind of mattress renaissance.

The dog is a female; I don’t think it was marking anything, I just think it was nervous.

It slept upstairs last night. I don’t know what it destroyed. It pooped on the deck this morning. Why was it on the deck? I have no idea, but I explained to my mother that in light of the couch incident, perhaps dog poop sitting in the middle of the deck where it can be view from the breakfast table was not her best move with her daughter-in-law.

Thank God, my wife had to leave early this morning - at 5 am this morning, I was still hearing about the couch. She actually woke me up at around 4:30 just to tell me again that we’re having this couch professionally cleaned AND we’re buying a new couch and new sheets/blankets/comforter for the guest room. She also will never sit on that couch again, so she will be watching tv on my couch in my office for the foreseeable future.

Right now, the dog is sitting next to me. It has been licking its own ass for the better part of half an hour. I’m checking the Central Hudson outage update site twice a minute. I’m trying to decide which scenario will haunt me less...telling my wife that my mother and the dog will almost certainly need to be here another night or telling my mother that I am driving her to the Residence Inn for my own protection.

I currently have the prisoner leashed to a doorknob. It is licking its ass again.

634_E5_A5_E-88_CE-48_E7-8822-_F1762_B1_BB346.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
The dog is a female; I don’t think it was marking anything, I just think it was nervous.

It slept upstairs last night. I don’t know what it destroyed. It pooped on the deck this morning. Why was it on the deck? I have no idea, but I explained to my mother that in light of the couch incident, perhaps dog poop sitting in the middle of the deck where it can be view from the breakfast table was not her best move with her daughter-in-law.

Thank God, my wife had to leave early this morning - at 5 am this morning, I was still hearing about the couch. She actually woke me up at around 4:30 just to tell me again that we’re having this couch professionally cleaned AND we’re buying a new couch and new sheets/blankets/comforter for the guest room. She also will never sit on that couch again, so she will be watching tv on my couch in my office for the foreseeable future.

Right now, the dog is sitting next to me. It has been licking its own ass for the better part of half an hour. I’m checking the Central Hudson outage update site twice a minute. I’m trying to decide which scenario will haunt me less...telling my wife that my mother and the dog will almost certainly need to be here another night or telling my mother that I am driving her to the Residence Inn for my own protection.

I currently have the prisoner leashed to a doorknob. It is licking its ass again.

634_E5_A5_E-88_CE-48_E7-8822-_F1762_B1_BB346.jpg
It’s probably trying to get carpet fibers out of there. If I were you I would see if you have any new patterns in your carpet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom