OT: David Ortiz Shot

Because he was banging the wife of a drug lord in a "3rd world country."
Wasn't that report from the notorious tabloid The Daily Mail? I don't trust that.

Wikipedia editors have voted to ban the Daily Mail as a source for the website in all but exceptional circumstances after deeming the news group “generally unreliable”.

The move is highly unusual for the online encyclopaedia, which rarely puts in place a blanket ban on publications and which still allows links to sources such as Kremlin backed news organisation Russia Today, and Fox News, both of which have raised concern among editors.

The editors described the arguments for a ban as “centred on the Daily Mail’s reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication”.

Is this a confirmed fact or just a rumor from a tabloid article at this point? The guy was shot and almost assassinated. Can we at least wait for the dust to settle and make sure it's a confirmed fact before calling the man stupid and arrogant? It would seem like the human thing to do. If it turns out to be true, yes it would have been a monumentally dumb thing to do if he knew she was his girl. A little soon to be so eager to kick the man while he's down though.
Well we know it was a hit, why would there be a hit on a superstar? Do a little digging and it seems pretty clear.

I've read all the rumors and have done the "digging." It may be true. Not saying it's not true. Still a little early to call it an absooute fact though. It wouldn't be the first time the Daily Mail or Barstool Sports got a story wrong either. Some articles even call it "rumor" at this point. No need to pile on a guy fighting for his life at this point in my opinion even if it's proven true. I'm also quite sure as a point of fact that there are other reasons for having a superstar shot other than a woman even if that ends up being the case here.

I've read all the rumors and have done the "digging." It may be true. Not saying it's not true. Still a little early to call it an absooute fact though. It wouldn't be the first time the Daily Mail or Barstool Sports got a story wrong either. Some articles even call it "rumor" at this point. No need to pile on a guy fighting for his life at this point in my opinion even if it's proven true. I'm also quite sure as a point of fact that there are other reasons for having a superstar shot other than a woman even if that ends up being the case here.
Every publication whether it's the Times, The Journal, Washington post, or TMZ has gotten stories wrong but these type of stories tend to he broken by the TMZ's of the world.

I'm not calling it a fact but it seems pretty clear that's what happened. What are the all the reasons there would be a hit put out on someone of Ortiz's stature? I can only think of he screwed around with a powerful person's girl or he screwed a powerful person out of a lot of money.

You said it. It could be money, a personal beef, jealousy, maybe he declined doing something for the wrong person, maybe the guy thinks an affair happened but in reality it didn't. I have no idea. I mean drug lords tend to not be the most stable or rational people so who knows. Like I said, it may be true and if it is so be it. I'm just not borderline giddy to rush to judgement before rumors become fact. Hey, but everyone likes a good takedown these days.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
WFAN says major organ damage. Gall bladder and part of liver and colon removed.
Ugh. Hoping he makes a complete recovery. NY fan but Big Pappy is on the "all worthy opponent" list for sure. Often killed NY and wicked bat speed on inside pitches even at that extended age. No one deserves that.

I saw this the other day and although I'm sure this type of stuff happens everywhere, it made me swear I'd never go to the DR.

So there's a story on the Hard Rock which I liked and now this, our first stay down there was here at the Majestic. Man it's scary down there.

Well we know it was a hit, why would there be a hit on a superstar? Do a little digging and it seems pretty clear.
You don't know that it was a hit. If it was he would have been shot in the back of the head. Too soon to tell anything.

You don't know that it was a hit. If it was he would have been shot in the back of the head. Too soon to tell anything.
I know it would hurt those fans who think he's superman but it certainly is pointing that way with motorcycles etc etc....what other reason? They hire these dopes doesn't mean they're good shots LOL. I mean he got the crap beat out of him but that's nothing compared to what will eventually happen to him in jail or wherever for failing to close.

The hit was to make a statement not to take him out,yes it could have been a head shot if he was told to put him down for good.my 2 cents

This is wrong. He can’t go to that club. In that country he’s a target. He’s not a normal average Joe. Regardless of the rumors of him banging a drug lords lady. He’s too successful a figure to be frequenting that sort of spot.
Did he have a private security detail with him? Really surprising if not, and if he did, I'm guessing they're fired . . .

It's different. At least five American tourists have been knocked off down there recently and a bunch of others have been poisoned. Two cops were given orders to execute David Ortiz last night and they were beaten to a pulp by mobs carrying out street justice. It's different.
No.

The hit was to make a statement not to take him out,yes it could have been a head shot if he was told to put him down for good.my 2 cents
I should leave this alone, but curious. Do you know of prior work of the two involved? Do you have any knowledge of the alleged drug lord involved and his MO?
Just seems bizarre to assume a Dominican hit squad, foolish enough to shoot the most famous and beloved Dominican in the republic, and to do so in a crowed bar, otherwise has a rock-solid plan & technique.
Why exactly is shooting him in the back the chosen order?
So now everyone in the bar/Dominican/World has been given proper warning not to bone this particular drug dealers girlfriend? Message received!

I should leave this alone, but curious. Do you know of prior work of the two involved? Do you have any knowledge of the alleged drug lord involved and his MO?
Just seems bizarre to assume a Dominican hit squad, foolish enough to shoot the most famous and beloved Dominican in the republic, and to do so in a crowed bar, otherwise has a rock-solid plan & technique.
Why exactly is shooting him in the back the chosen order?
So now everyone in the bar/Dominican/World has been given proper warning not to bone this particular drug dealers girlfriend? Message received!
Oh I get it your being sarcastic,cool

Oh I get it your being sarcastic,cool
The last 2 sentences were sarcastic, but the questions were not. Fairly obvious you wouldn't have every answer, but its not unusual to encounter people on the boneyard that are unexpectedly experts in certain fields or know an area of the country/world very well.
I guess the morale is I simply should have said you assume efficiency & complexity vs simpler solution that a criminal is bad and missed