Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game.

Reaction Score
Awesome. I listened to Joe D call the Arkansas game and couldn’t bring myself to watch the replay so I haven’t heard Walton call a UConn game since last year. Love listening to that crazy dude.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I can't stand Walton. He used to call just about all of Arizona's games a couple years ago. It was unbearable. Gotten a bit of a break from him so far this year. UCLA alum Don MacLean has called several of the games. I'd take him or anybody else (even Dickie V) before Walton. I can only take so much pointless rambling about the desert, the family dog, book recommendations, hugging trees, etc. etc., none of which has anything to do w/ the game that is going on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is nothing I love more about Walton than how divisive he is. I find it to be a pretty reliable litmus test of compatibility. If someone likes him, there's a pretty good chance that I will like them.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Bill Walton is the Chief of college basketball commentators...
Both are self-centered, obnoxious, and terrible at what they do... yet somehow they manage to stick around for some weak entertainment-value.

I'll have the game muted tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Walton is the only individual I actually dread listening too, I will have to shut off the sound, not that I dislike him as an individual, he’s just the worst announcer I’ve ever heard because he wants to talk about everything besides the actual event or game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bill Walton is the Chief of college basketball commentators...
Both are self-centered, obnoxious, and terrible at what they do... yet somehow they manage to stick around for some weak entertainment-value.

I'll have the game muted tomorrow night.
The similarities between Chief00 and Walton begin and end at the blaze strategy, of which they are both huge fans.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There is nothing I love more about Walton than how divisive he is. I find it to be a pretty reliable litmus test of compatibility. If someone likes him, there's a pretty good chance that I will like them.

If you happened to just randomly run into Walton and have a conversation with him, no doubt it would be endlessly entertaining. But his lack of focus on the game he is calling is beyond distracting.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Even i'm divided on Walton. I had the chance to sit next to him at the McDonald's All-America game many, many years ago and he was awesome. LOVED him in person, HATE him on tv.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't stand him doing the game. So pretty much proof of concept.;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If we play just halfway decently, Walton will be able say that Ollie has improved the team since he saw them last.

He hasn't really seen UCONN play yet. You can't fact check names of national parks in Oregon throughout an entire game and pay much attention to the game, especially when your brain is fried from all the drugs you've taken during your lifetime. He will be an unabashed cheerleader for the Wildcats, at least when he's not talking about the Sonoran Desert.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
200w.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members