Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game.

Reaction Score
Walton is a total buffoon, and Pasch reminds me of Joe Tessitore. A double whammy. Lol,

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'm so happy to see that I'm not just crazy and that Walton sounds like he's on psychedelics along with this being the weirdest passive-aggressive broadcast ever.
He should be arrested. I don’t think I’ve ever heard more nonsense in one game.

Reaction Score
he's annoying, ill-prepared/unprofessional, and is condescending to the players/Cheers sarcastically when someone makes a good play after a few minutes of ugly action. time to bounce him.

He's a clown

IMG_1287.JPG

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Walton is a total buffoon, and Pasch reminds me of Joe Tessitore. A double whammy. Lol,

I'm so happy to see that I'm not just crazy and that Walton sounds like he's on psychedelics along with this being the weirdest passive-aggressive broadcast ever.

He should be arrested. I don’t think I’ve ever heard more nonsense in one game.

I just died when he asked about Pasch's dead-for-3-years pet.

It looks like a lot of people share my opinion, what a bozo. The dumbest of the dumb, did he offer even one insight into strategy or execution or exploiting match-ups or ANYTHING?

He's on TV giving some pot head blessing, might as well have Cheech and Chong doing the games, seriously

Reaction Score
It looks like a lot of people share my opinion, what a bozo. The dumbest of the dumb, did he offer even one insight into strategy or execution or exploiting match-ups or ANYTHING?

He's on TV giving some pot head blessing, might as well have Cheech and Chong doing the games, seriously

To be fair, I learned a ton about the orbital axis of the Earth.

Reaction Score
Was almost embarrassing. Even if he doesn't like Walton, suck it up and do your job. He was such a jerk the whole game. I hope he never calls another UConn game, he was brutal.

I originally agreed then I thought of what I would've done if I was calling a game with Walton. When the moron is spinning a globe around the sun and then waving a giant stick around your head, you get annoyed. I don't think he was a jerk, just fed up with Walton which I fully understand.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I originally agreed then I thought of what I would've done if I was calling a game with Walton. When the moron is spinning a globe around the sun and then waving a giant stick around your head, you get annoyed. I don't think he was a jerk, just fed up with Walton which I fully understand.

Totally. Pasch has been stuck w/ Walton for years. I don't see how he can stand it.

Does anyone think Walton is refreshing or fun now? This was typical for him. Try listening to him do that for a dozen games or more each season.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Totally. Pasch has been stuck w/ Walton for years. I don't see how he can stand it.

Does anyone think Walton is refreshing or fun now? This was typical for him. Try listening to him do that for a dozen games or more each season.
He’s not his partner anymore. I believe this was their first game together in a while. If I’m remembering correctly Pasch asked to be reassigned because he was embarrassed/annoyed with his antics.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
He’s not his partner anymore. I believe this was their first game together in a while. If I’m remembering correctly Pasch asked to be reassigned because he was embarrassed/annoyed with his antics.

That makes sense. A bit of an awkward reunion.

Reaction Score
Volume off, I don't need to hear another story about the Grateful Dead or hiking or pot references while I'm watching college basketball.

The man may have knowledge of the game, if his brain is on function mode, but he NEVER SHARES IT. Total waste, no pun intended

@8893 here you go.

While I enjoy listening to Walton, I can definitely see how working with him might be a bit odd and difficult. You either roll with it, or it will come off as strained like it did last night.

But he really praised UConn's achievements over the past 18 years and gave them credit last night for making it a close, competitive game. He does share lots of basketball insight, he just does it in his own way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the positive side Walton is pretty entertaining. Wacky but entertaining. He clearly loves hoops. But continually saying we won 4 NC's over the last 18 years! And no one else has done that, well he can go off on any other crazy topic he wants.

Reaction Score
Walton is a free spirit and tries to make it fun but sometimes it’s too much, like the cactus last night. One time OK but not all night. He had a hallucinogenic flashback last night though when he said KO was going to the basketball hall.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The guy loves UConn and hates Syracuse.

That makes him a bigger fan than 1/2 this board.

He thinks Carmelo Anthony is the biggest garbage player in NBA history.

Anybody having a problem with Walton needs to absorb the first sentence before making a judgement on him doing our games.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Pasch was a complete stiff.
I think he was a stiff because he does not know what to do. Walton kept shoving that cactus in his face. Pasch was trying to get the game calling going. He even said to Walton, okay what about......(meaning a part of the game). Walton is a joke. If it was a 7 o'clock game I would of shut the volume down. Nine o"clock game no sound, I might be cutting huge Z's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom