Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game.

Reaction Score
i loved how he recognized uconn's dominance in the past 18 years and how we should be on top of the college basketball world. he's entertaining but I understand where some people garner irritation from his statements when there's a basketball game. but you just gotta love his respect for our program!!!

Reaction Score
Walton is a free spirit and tries to make it fun but sometimes it’s too much, like the cactus last night. One time OK but not all night. He had a hallucinogenic flashback last night though when he said KO was going to the basketball hall.

He never said KO was going to the HOF. He said UConn has had 2 great coaches Kevin Ollie and Jim Calhoun whose in the HOF.

The way he said it I can understand how someone misunderstood.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Walton’s shtick is fine in a blowout but this game was a 2-8 pt game until about 4 min left. I do enjoy him when I’m just casually watching a game.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The guy loves UConn and hates Syracuse.

That makes him a bigger fan than 1/2 this board.

He thinks Carmelo Anthony is the biggest garbage player in NBA history.

Anybody having a problem with Walton needs to absorb the first sentence before making a judgement on him doing our games.

This is so true. Walton is the first announcer in years who has treated UConn as anything more than a disappointment or 'underdog.' Walton called us the best program in the last two decades multiple times...I never hear that on a nationally televised game. It was weird to hear an announcer actually like us.

Also, my favorite part was when Walton waves the dried sage around Pasch's head and then Pasch says, "I'm not sure if that was a blessing or a curse," and Walton just goes, "Is there really a difference?" Such a Dead Head--I love it

Reaction Score
Walton is a free spirit and tries to make it fun but sometimes it’s too much, like the cactus last night. One time OK but not all night. He had a hallucinogenic flashback last night though when he said KO was going to the basketball hall.

Love Bill. I'm hoping he took that crazy cactus root and tried to bless Alterique and Sid after the game.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton was so combative with his co-anchor during that UConn game that it was very annoying. Somebody at ESPN needs to put a leash on that guy or give him the boot. One brief mention of some species of cactus most of us have never heard of would have been sufficient. Waving the thing in somebody else's face was rude and totally unprofessional to say the least and had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Don't like watching games Walton is involved with because he constantly battles with the play-by-play guy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The guy loves UConn and hates Syracuse.

That makes him a bigger fan than 1/2 this board.

He thinks Carmelo Anthony is the biggest garbage player in NBA history.

Anybody having a problem with Walton needs to absorb the first sentence before making a judgement on him doing our games.

Sorry my friend, while I do like about 5 to 10% of the things he says, I just can't stand the rest of his game

Reaction Score
On the positive side Walton is pretty entertaining. Wacky but entertaining. He clearly loves hoops. But continually saying we won 4 NC's over the last 18 years! And no one else has done that, well he can go off on any other crazy topic he wants.
While Pasch kept saying that UCONN is in the American conference and that they are not playing on national televise games no more, players (recruits) wants to be in the spotlight. Every time that this is mentioned we are likely to NOT get quality and talented recruits commit to us. Kids are watching the national televised games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
For all the praise he did throw our way, he also compared last night's game to Woffard playing UNC

Maybe it's the drugs

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The whole Baxter conversation last night was absolutely unreal.

"How's is Baxter doing?"
"He died three years ago."
"Oh... I am sorry to hear that."

Someone needs to make a YouTube clip of that.

For the record, put me down in the pro-Walton side. I enjoyed him getting under Dave Pasch's skin and anyone who mentions UConn 4>1 Syracuse on national TV is good in my book.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2d9bd46f34dfae7339e2e9c121a66996--bill-walton-bill-obrien.jpg

"How's Baxter doing?"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I love Walton. I love college basketball. Together it can be a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom