Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the UConn/Arizona game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bill Walton has forgotten more about basketball then the average fan has ever learned.
Probably, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was stunningly ill prepared for the broadcast. Being funnily inept is cute for 5 year old soccer, bu not so much for a national sports broadcast.

Reaction Score
In the 1st half his colleague tried to get him to focus on the game and asked something to the effect of “ what can UConn do to get back into the game”? Walton replied with one word “0ffense” and the talked for a minute or so about passing and guys touching the ball. He knew exactly what was going on in the game, but to him it was not worth talking about.

Likely because he had already figured out that UCONN had no interest in doing one of the key things that could help them get back in the game - passing and moving the ball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Probably, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was stunningly ill prepared for the broadcast. Being funnily inept is cute for 5 year old soccer, bu not so much for a national sports broadcast.
How about for national office?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Keep it in the Cesspool, but, yeah, Walton is not fit for the Presidency.
big.jpg

Reaction Score
This is funny. Comments from Arkansas coach Mike Anderson on Walton.

“He talked about so much stuff, man,” Anderson said. “The thing about it is, for him to do a game of ours — I don't mean it in a bad way — it kind of does a disservice to our kids because we play an exciting brand of basketball.

“Not only us, but the teams that are playing. I mean, there's action that's going on, man. It's good basketball. And you've got all this talking about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with basketball.”

Arkansas Razorbacks head coach Mike Anderson gives his opinion of Bill Walton at the Phil Knight Invitational PK80

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is funny. Comments from Arkansas coach Mike Anderson on Walton.

“He talked about so much stuff, man,” Anderson said. “The thing about it is, for him to do a game of ours — I don't mean it in a bad way — it kind of does a disservice to our kids because we play an exciting brand of basketball.

“Not only us, but the teams that are playing. I mean, there's action that's going on, man. It's good basketball. And you've got all this talking about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with basketball.”

Arkansas Razorbacks head coach Mike Anderson gives his opinion of Bill Walton at the Phil Knight Invitational PK80
Anderson needs to get over himself. And maybe take a cue from his players, who answered a lot smarter.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Bill, like most humans, talks too much.
But Bill, who played for some of the best coaches ever, said some nice things about Geno. (A friend told me).
I still prefer to mute him and most announcers. The more I watch games without human voices distracting me, the more I enjoy them.

Reaction Score
Multi task!

I have my a psp, tablet, other websites, a cat, my wife to bother...Makes it more bearable.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Multi task!

I have my a psp, tablet, other websites, a cat, my wife to bother...Makes it more bearable.
I was on my treadmill for the first half of the Arkansas game and it was maybe the third time in my life I've done cardio without listening to music, but listening to the TV instead. I couldn't have done that without Walton's commentary.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Walton is wildly entertaining. We're all self proclaimed experts that watch every UConn game, so does anything a national broadcaster say about a player provide any real insight anyways?

For an early season tournament, people just need to lighten up and enjoy Walton.

A great line from the Maui last year was when Gilbert had hurt his shoulder.

Play by play guy goes, "So Bill, the Huskies young star Alterique Gilbert hurt his shoulder and has been listed as day to day"

Walton "Aren't we all?"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A+

Just made my day remembering that.

It's obviously hilarious, especially coming from Walton, but nonetheless kinda true when you think about it haha.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton is awesome. I feel bad for those who don't enjoy listening to him.
Yeah. He seems like the nicest guy with an exciting life but shares the most mundane and useless knowledge. I bet his iq is through the roof and a lot of his eccentricities are elaborations of his true persona. Cracks me up.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's obviously hilarious, especially coming from Walton, but nonetheless kinda true when you think about it haha.
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from Father Mychal Judge, the N.Y.C. firehouse chaplain who died on 9/11:

Do you want to make God laugh? Tell him what you have planned for tomorrow!

Reaction Score
College Basketball Power Rankings: Is Texas A&M the Class of the SEC?

"Walton is funny. That’s it. That’s my entire argument. I watch basketball to be entertained, and Bill Walton talking about weed and volcanoes and the Grateful Dead and John Wooden teaching him how to put on his socks is hysterical and therefore entertaining to me. You might read this and say, “I think he’s funny, too. I just don’t think it’s appropriate for him to talk about these things during a basketball game. I mean, with that logic, we might as well get Dave Chappelle to do color commentary. Is that what you want?” And to that I’d say: Abso-freaking-lutely. Chappelle calling games would be a dream come true."

Reaction Score
If UConn was actually competitive against Arkansas, Bill Walton's ramblings would have likely been much more tolerable for everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom