2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
is it first to commit or can we get Adams AND Mullins????? plenty of room for both wings next year if stew goes pro:

Mahaney / Nowell
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Bundalo* / Abraham
Reed / Singare

why cant we have a 5* come off the bench for once when duke has three or four 5*s coming off the bench this year?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
is it first to commit or can we get Adams AND Mullins????? plenty of room for both wings next year if stew goes pro:

Mahaney / Nowell
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Bundalo* / Abraham
Reed / Singare

why cant we have a 5* come off the bench for once when duke has three or four 5*s coming off the bench this year?
Realistically its probably one or the other... but it shouldn't be.

They have different games. Oversimplification, but Mullins is more similar to Jordan Hawkins (great catch and shoot, avg handle/shot creator) while Adams is more of a combo guard (can shoot and can also be a secondary facilitator).

IMO they would work well together but TBD if they would want to commit together

Reaction Score
Like @husky429 said earlier, these guys are both shooters that play the 2. I think very unlikely to get both of them, more likely we'll get a combo guard who can play the point very well like Thomas or Lewis, maybe Furphy; hope we get Bundalo as a big 4, and maybe Reibe but he has some serious options with tons of playing time.

If Adams wants to come here and is ready to commit, and we don't know what Mullins is going to do, I think the choice is clear, and hopefully we welcome Darius Adams as our first commit for 2025-26

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Realistically its probably one or the other... but it shouldn't be.

They have different games. Oversimplification, but Mullins is more similar to Jordan Hawkins (great catch and shoot, avg handle/shot creator) while Adams is more of a combo guard (can shoot and can also be a secondary facilitator).

IMO they would work well together but TBD if they would want to commit together
He will be a great first commit. I thought it was a longshot for months, but i think mullins will be a husky as well. I think he can see what is in his best interest

Reaction Score
Like @429 said earlier, these guys are both shooters that play the 2. I think very unlikely to get both of them, more likely we'll get a combo guard who can play the point very well like Thomas or Lewis, maybe Furphy; hope we get Bundalo as a big 4, and maybe Reibe but he has some serious options with tons of playing time.
2 vs 3 is a distinction without a difference in our system. There were plenty of times we were playing Spencer or Solo Ball at the 3 so these guys are both more than capable of playing that same spot

Reaction Score
2 vs 3 is a distinction without a difference in our system. There were plenty of times we were playing Spencer or Solo Ball at the 3 so these guys are both more than capable of playing that same spot
I hear ya, let's see how it shakes out. It could happen, who's to say.

Reaction Score
Watched a bunch of highlights and he reminds me a bit of Rip Hamilton. Quick release, he’s very crafty with his pace so he even though he’s not the most athletic kid he’s able to get by you. For his slight frame he still is able to create space and angles on his drives, and he uses shot fakes and jabs really, really well. He’s really good.

Reaction Score
Adams and Mullins work if the roster is starting from scratch with every other guard/wing gone from the roster, I don't see how that works with the remaining players we expect to have in 2025-2026
If you expect stew back then yeah it prob doesnt work. If you don’t expect stew back then it definitely works. No idea what expectation staff is operating under.

Reaction Score
Watched a bunch of highlights and he reminds me a bit of Rip Hamilton. Quick release, he’s very crafty with his pace so he even though he’s not the most athletic kid he’s able to get by you. For his slight frame he still is able to create space and angles on his drives, and he uses shot fakes and jabs really, really well. He’s really good.
Love this comparison as it was the first guy I thought of myself when I watched.

Reaction Score
If you expect stew back then yeah it prob doesnt work. If you don’t expect stew back then it definitely works. No idea what expectation staff is operating under.
Stew is a 4, how does that impact bringing in 23’s?

Reaction Score
An Adams, Mullins, Bundalo haul would make things crowded, since I doubt Stewart goes to the League--but it's crowded this year, with all the enthusiasm for Ross and Abraham. Likely, however, that Mullins would shy away. Danny would have to sell him on getting McNeeley's minutes.

Reaction Score
An Adams, Mullins, Bundalo haul would make things crowded, since I doubt Stewart goes to the League--but it's crowded this year, with all the enthusiasm for Ross and Abraham. Likely, however, that Mullins would shy away. Danny would have to sell him on getting McNeeley's minutes.
The timing and expectation of the Adams commit really makes me wonder as to Mullins. While different players they do effectively play the same position. Are they ok coming in together, does the staff have a good feel on Mullins direction?

Adam’s teammate Haralson (both play at La Lumier in Indiana), a big recruit, is announcing his commit today, choosing amongst IU, MSU and ND. He’s a clear 3/4, and his destination could be a small suggestion of what’s to come with Mullins. The trio of Mullins, Sisler and Haralson to IU would give them a solid 2,3,4 frosh class and a very local package deal.

Some of the IU hypothetical was that Mullins canceled the Duke visit after making the trip to UNC and not loving the travel logistics (a reach). Him keeping UNC on the list kaboshed that theory. Or he’s a shoe in for IU and the other two programs are just keeping the suspense.

One of the biggest questions I have in all this is where Jayden falls in. He’ll have paid his dues as a top 75ish recruit, and you’d think have earned a chance to start next year. If we’re bringing in multiple 2/3s I do wonder what kind of message that sends.

Reaction Score
The timing and expectation of the Adams commit really makes me wonder as to Mullins. While different players they do effectively play the same position. Are they ok coming in together, does the staff have a good feel on Mullins direction?

Adam’s teammate Haralson (both play at La Lumier in Indiana), a big recruit, is announcing his commit today, choosing amongst IU, MSU and ND. He’s a clear 3/4, and his destination could be a small suggestion of what’s to come with Mullins. The trio of Mullins, Sisler and Haralson to IU would give them a solid 2,3,4 frosh class and a very local package deal.

Some of the IU hypothetical was that Mullins canceled the Duke visit after making the trip to UNC and not loving the travel logistics (a reach). Him keeping UNC on the list kaboshed that theory. Or he’s a shoe in for IU and the other two programs are just keeping the suspense.

One of the biggest questions I have in all this is where Jayden falls in. He’ll have paid his dues as a top 75ish recruit, and you’d think have earned a chance to start next year. If we’re bringing in multiple 2/3s I do wonder what kind of message that sends.
The guys you mentioned plus Mullins and Reibe, makes me wonder if even with a large NIL pot to draw from if they’d have enough to go around for all of those guys, particularly in a competitive marketplace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom