2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
Obviously he's a borderline 4/5 star so this should be obvious, but we've been so focused on Mullins that it's worth saying:

He's really good. He'll fit our system like a glove. He can shoot it off the catch and a bit off the dribble. He loves to attack closeouts. He relocates well. Gets on the offensive glass opportunistically. Runs off screens and his teams used him a bit in the pick and pop and ghost screen game as well, which is nice because guard to guard screening is really useful in our offense.

Reaction Score
Obviously he's a borderline 4/5 star so this should be obvious, but we've been so focused on Mullins that it's worth saying:

He's really good. He'll fit our system like a glove. He can shoot it off the catch and a bit off the dribble. He loves to attack closeouts. He relocates well. Gets on the offensive glass opportunistically. Runs off screens and his teams used him a bit in the pick and pop and ghost screen game as well, which is nice because guard to guard screening is really useful in our offense.
Not sure this was said, but he’s the son of a NJ hoops coach. Dad coached his sisters in hoops. Once you hear that you know the fit is on. I’d honestly be surprised if he doesn’t land.

Reaction Score
Not sure which of the 4 main rankings issuers holds the most cred, but Rivals did release their new rankings. Adams up to 15.

this is so weird. he's the highest rated recruit we're still going after (i'm not counting thomas) but probably last on the collective wish list.

Reaction Score

It’s always a plus in my mind when a guard isn’t relying on transition buckets in AAU. Those breakaway layups and dunks don’t materialize nearly as often at the college level. Adams uses screens incredibly well and wouldn’t be sitting there twiddling his thumbs in the half court offense. Like you said, good fit and player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
this is so weird. he's the highest rated recruit we're still going after (i'm not counting thomas) but probably last on the collective wish list.
Every blue blood going after Mullins/Lewis and their rise into 5 star ranking is a decent hint that they’re actually the best players we’re recruiting. Adams is still really good, but it makes sense people are more excited for Mullins/Lewis/Thomas from that perspective.

awy

Reaction Score
not gonna bother with updates until there's an announcement from the source. a combination of noise and hall of mirrors.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Mods again deleting posts with no explanation.

It’s not the deleting that’s bad. It’s the lack of explanation to know what is being done that’s wrong and consistency.

This is literally the same article in the Niko and Mullins thread but the quote was removed here for some reason.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
How do you not understand copyright infringement? You can't copy and paste content from behind a paywall.
I also genuinely didn’t know if this was a paywall article or not because these articles are free sometimes.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I understand the concept but you need to be consistent in the enforcement if you expect people to follow that rule. There's stuff posted on here behind paywalls all the time.

You need to stop with this absurd argument. Anyone who has a job, has ever used a computer lab, or registered for a social media site are warned about copyright violations. Ignorance is no excuse.

And this crap about being consistent - I am 100% consistent. If I see a violation, it is deleted. If I receive a complaint from a content creator, the post is deleted.

There is between 600 to several thousand posts a day here alone. This is not a job for me, nor for any other mod. I see maybe 10% of daily posts.

Ultimately each user owns their own posts. Any user wanting to know what may be allowed should google "fair use doctrine."

Here is one link:

My rule of thumb is 10% of content, or one paragraph, whichever is less.

This, as always, is not open for debate. And you've been told this before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You need to stop with this absurd argument. Anyone who has a job, has ever used a computer lab, or registered for a social media site are warned about copyright violations. Ignorance is no excuse.

And this crap about being consistent - I am 100% consistent. If I see a violation, it is deleted. If I receive a complaint from a content creator, the post is deleted.

There is between 600 to several thousand posts a day here alone. This is not a job for me, nor for any other mod. I see maybe 10% of daily posts.

Ultimately each user owns their own posts. Any user wanting to know what may be allowed should google "fair use doctrine."

Here is one link:

My rule of thumb is 10% of content, or one paragraph, whichever is less.

This, as always, is not open for debate.
As always, thank you for creating The Boneyard and keeping it running. It is an invaluable resource.

Reaction Score
Looks like we are very close to an Adam’s commitment. Hearing Lewis is trending towards Kentucky.
puke GIF

How could a kid choose Kentucky over UConn in this day in age

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom