2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's cause he's really a 4 star talent, nothing wrong with that, but nothing here screams can't miss ability.

Yeah, true.

But also his game isn’t standing out visually. He doesn’t seem to have anything outstanding, just a lot of good qualities.

I guess I’m not trying to pile on because I haven’t scouted him enough, but I tend to agree with the consensus that he’s a bit over-ranked.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
We have had good luck with Adams' so hey, let's get us some more.

Reaction Score
kid can score, wouldn't be a bad start to the class by any means.

Reminds me a lot of Rip Hamilton but add a little Stephen Curry the way he quickly gets his 3 Pt shot off. He's not just a 3 Pt shooter. He often curls around screens, catches and drives it right into the paint. Looks like a good finisher and did so using either hand.

He's not strong enough yet to regularly take his man off the dribble, but would definitely fill a Cam Spencer type role with a lot of upside as he gets coached up and gets stronger.

If he's ready to commit sooner than later, I hope they take him, even if that chases away a couple of the other targets. He seems versatile enough for the staff to still convince other targets to join him.

Reaction Score
On3 drop. This gent lumps us with the field as it comes to Thomas, albeit doesn’t seem to have much more than crumbs on rationale.

5-star Predictions: Calling my shot on top 2025 basketball recruits

by: Jamie Shaw
about 6 hours

Football season is in full swing which means top hoopers are visiting colleges every weekend. Mid way though September has the recruitment process in the 2025 class becoming a little more into focus. Interesting enough, at this point in the cycle only three (of 14) five-star players have committed. The recruiting process has been a bit slower developing for the 2025 class.

Not only has the process been slow developing, there have been more twists and turns than ever. The fluidity of for a player’s recruitment process has been steep and quick.

With that said, things are picking up. So let’s take a mid-September snapshot to see where things stand with each player with a five-star rating, and if each recruitment were to end today – understanding how fluid the process is and things can change quickly – where I would predict them to go.

Updated 2025 On3 Industry Ranking

Five-Star Plus+ SF AJ Dybantsa

INTEL: This recruitment is as up in the air as one can be. Three things that we do know at this point. The first, AJ Dybantsa is down to seven schools. Secondly, he is currently scheduled to visit all seven officially prior to the November signing day. Third, his father stated that the plan is to commit in February.

Dybantsa took his Auburn official early, and he has recently visited Kansas and Kansas State. He is still scheduled to have four upcoming visits. UNC (9/20), Alabama (9/27), Baylor (10/4), and BYU (10/11) are those dates.

Some NBA scouts are calling Dybantsa possibly the best domestic high school prospect they have scouted in a decade or so. In the age of NIL, schools are trying to recruit and bring in difference-makers. While Alabama and BYU are the two schools almost every source close to the recruitment mentions, a couple of sources are starting to name-drop other schools as well. Things could change as we continue to move along with this one, but all seven schools are said to have a chance here.

Prediction: Alabama
Confidence Level: 15%
Biggest Threat: BYU

Five-Star Plus+ PF Cam Boozer

INTEL: Cam Boozer and his twin brother Cayden Boozer, recently took unofficial visits to Duke, Miami, and Florida. From talking to people around the recruitment, while it has not been officially stated yet, those are the presumed final three schools in their recruitment. The pair had already taken official visits to each school in 2023 and because of NCAA rules, they both had to get updated looks in an unofficial capacity.

The general thought among sources is that a decision could come soon. However, no future visits or a commitment date have been announced at this point. According to sources around the recruitment, many are telling me that Miami is the trending program. With that said, the family does have strong ties to Duke and the area. I am told the Blue Devils have put up a strong fight here. One source also mentioned to me that they would not be surprised if Florida made at least some kind of move on their visit. I am told these visits gave the Boozers something to think about, so continue to watch for timelines and dates.

Prediction: Miami
Confidence Level: 30%
Biggest Threat: Duke

Five-Star Plus+ SG Darryn Peterson

INTEL: Darryn Peterson has recently taken official visits to USC, Kansas, and Ohio State. He still has an upcoming date on the books with Kansas State on 9/27.

In speaking with sources around the recruitment, the general thought remains that Kansas carries the momentum. However, continue to pay attention to the visits he goes on. It is worth mentioning here as well that Peterson is an Adidas athlete who played on the Adidas 3SSB Circuit with the Phenom U program and transferred to Prolific Prep which is an Adidas-featured high school.

Prediction: Kansas
Confidence Level: 60%
Biggest Threat: Ohio State

Five-Star Plus+ PF Caleb Wilson

INTEL: For a while, Arkansas was the school that many were talking about. Then, after Caleb Wilson’sperformance in Peach Jam, other schools started to ramp things up for the 6-foot-9 forward.

Talking with sources close to the recruitment, Arkansas is still the school talked about the most often. However, I am told, that the September in-home visit with BYU opened Wilson’s eyes. Sources also said that he enjoyed the Kentucky visit and I have been told to not sleep on Georgia Tech in this process. What, a month ago, seemed like an Arkansas-based recruitment has been opened up a little by the process. Wilson has stated he plans to sign during the late period and will be paying close attention to the season. So, if that timeline remains, there is still time for things to play out.

Prediction: Arkansas
Confidence Level: 25%
Biggest Threat: Kentucky/BYU/Georgia Tech

Five-Star Plus+ PF Koa Peat

INTEL: While Koa Peat has already taken five official visits, the three that he has upcoming are the three schools that sources have consistently told me to watch throughout the process. Peat is scheduled to visit Duke on 9/20, Baylor on 9/27, and Arizona on 10/4.

The program that I hear the most from sources around the recruitment is Arizona. I continue to hear about the proximity to his family and familiarity with the program. One source recently told me that there is mutual interest, but to watch what happens with the Boozers at Duke, with regard to Peat. I am told that Baylor has carried some intrigue throughout the process. While it has been said to me that Arizona is the program everyone is currently chasing continue to pay attention to visits, timelines, and how things play out.

Prediction: Arizona
Confidence Level: 30%
Biggest Threat: Duke

Five-Star Plus+ SF Nate Ament

INTEL: One thing we know about Nate Ament’s process is that sources believe that he is willing to play the long game. This recruitment has not even gotten started yet. He has not taken any official visits at this point, or set publicly any type of commitment or visit timeline.

With that said Duke and Virginia are the two programs that have built the longest-standing relationships with Ament at this point. They are also the two campuses that the five-star wing has been on the most. I am told that going into the visits, Duke is the school that a lot of programs will be chasing. Ament told me that not only does he want to see how the teams play, especially the ones with new coaches, but he also wants to see where others in his class land. However, with that said, having an entire process ahead of him, watch what visits he sets and how things will play out.

Prediction: Duke
Biggest Threat: Virginia

Five-Sar Plus+ SG Meleek Thomas

INTEL: The process for Meleek Thomas has been fast, at times, and slow. Right now, things have slowed down. Over the summer, around his official visit, sources told me that UConn had all the momentum. That has since died down some and Arkansas is the program that has picked up a lot of the steam. Thomas has taken a September official visit to Arkansas as well as officially visiting Calipari while he was still at Kentucky.

Pittsburgh and Auburn have been Thomas’ other two official visits and the Five-Star Plus+ guard has an upcoming date set with Alabama. While Arkansas is the program sources are telling me as current momentum, continue to watch the visits Thomas takes and if a timeline is put out.

Prediction: Arkansas
Confidence Level: 45%
Biggest Threat: The field

Five-star PG Mikel Brown Jr.

INTEL: Mikel Brown recently announced he would play his senior season of high school at Orlando (FL) DME Academy. Alabama, Ole Miss, Indiana, and Providence are the four official visits brown has already taken. He has upcoming dates with Kentucky (9/27), Maryland (10/25), UCF (11/3), and Arizona (11/21).

This process is said to go into the late recruiting period. Sources around the recruitment tell me that Brown will not only be watching teams play this season, but he will also be paying attention to where other players in this class commit. One source told me recently that this one could be relatively open at this point. Things can change quickly, so continue to pay attention to the visits and if a timeline arises.

Prediction: Louisville
Confidence Level: 15%
Biggest Threat: Alabama

Five-star SF Jalen Haralson

INTEL: Jalen Haralson last issued a top nine schools and set official visit dates to Auburn, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Indiana, and Purdue. He has taken four of the official visits with Purdue still left on 9/21.

The school I have continued to have sources mention to me in this recruitment is Indiana. However, I have one source who has consistently told me to keep an eye on Notre Dame. Things can change quickly in the recruiting process so continue watching the visits.

Prediction: Indiana
Biggest Threat: Notre Dame

Five-star PF Chris Cenac

INTEL: The process started so late for Chris Cenac. With that said, he is continuing to play catch-up with his recruitment. Already the 6-foot-10 forward has taken two official visits, Houston and Tennessee. He currently has upcoming dates set with Auburn (9/20), Kentucky (9/27), Ariznasas (10/19), and LSU (11/9).

A source close to the recruitment told me that LSU is prepared to do what it takes to stay in this one until the end. The two other programs I consistently hear from sources are Arkansas and Kentucky. I am told also that Auburn and Tennessee might have staying power, and it will be interesting to see what kind of move those schools can make. Continue to watch the visits. Sources have said they expect Cenac’s decision to come during the late period, so also watch to see if a timeline officially comes out.

Prediction: LSU
Confidence Level: 20%
Biggest Threat: Kentucky

Five-Star CG Brayden Burries

INTEL: Brayden Burries recruitment has been kept very quiet. With that said, I do not have much of a feel for things just yet. With that, three of the schools I have heard are involved are Tennessee, Arizona, and Duke. Continue watching upcoming visits and if a timeline is released.

Reaction Score

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot of Rip Hamilton but add a little Stephen Curry the way he quickly gets his 3 Pt shot off. He's not just a 3 Pt shooter. He often curls around screens, catches and drives it right into the paint. Looks like a good finisher and did so using either hand.

He's not strong enough yet to regularly take his man off the dribble, but would definitely fill a Cam Spencer type role with a lot of upside as he gets coached up and gets stronger.

If he's ready to commit sooner than later, I hope they take him, even if that chases away a couple of the other targets. He seems versatile enough for the staff to still convince other targets to join him.
I see that.

Reaction Score
No I like Acaden more
They're two very different players. Thomas is a 1/2 extremely physical combo, similar to Castle who can power his way to the basket and is a multi-layer scorer while Adams (sorry that I initially and incorrectly wrote Lewis) is more a 2 who is a perpetual motion deep shooter who catches off of screens where he knocks down 3s or drives to the paint and finishes well for a much slighter built guard.

They could coexist in UConn's multi guard/wing motion offense, though it would be a tall order to land both. It would be like having Castle and Spencer on the floor at the same time. It's more like Adams (not Lewis) vs Mullins as far as who decides first.

As for Acaden Lewis, I've not seen any video on him. How would you describe his game? Similar to Nowell?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They're two very different players. Thomas is a 1/2 extremely physical combo, similar to Castle who can power his way to the basket and is a multi-layer scorer while Lewis is more a 2 who is a perpetual motion deep shooter who catches off of screens where he knocks down 3s or drives to the paint and finishes well for a much slighter built guard.

They could coexist in UConn's multi guard/wing motion offense, though it would be a tall order to land both. It would be like having Castle and Spencer on the floor at the same time. It's more like Lewis vs Mullins as far as who decides first.
Thomas, Lewis and Nowell can not “co exist”. Mahaney and Ball should still be here too

Reaction Score

Jeremy Lamb without the hops.

Reaction Score
Lewis is more a 2
Every recruiting service lists him as a PG or CG not a SG. More importantly we’d need him to be Nowells backup at PG since we’ll also have Mahaney, Ball and hopefully Mullins or Adams

Reaction Score
They're two very different players. Thomas is a 1/2 extremely physical combo, similar to Castle who can power his way to the basket and is a multi-layer scorer while Lewis is more a 2 who is a perpetual motion deep shooter who catches off of screens where he knocks down 3s or drives to the paint and finishes well for a much slighter built guard.

They could coexist in UConn's multi guard/wing motion offense, though it would be a tall order to land both. It would be like having Castle and Spencer on the floor at the same time. It's more like Lewis vs Mullins as far as who decides first.
Completely disagree w Lewis vs Mullins. Lewis is a combo guard who mainly plays the point and Mullins is clearly a wing and definitely not a 1. It honestly seems like we’ve backed off Thomas, and our priorities are Lewis, one of Mullins/Adams (with Mullins being the preference), and one of Reibe/Bundalo (with Reibe being the preference).

Reaction Score
Completely disagree w Lewis vs Mullins. Lewis is a combo guard who mainly plays the point and Mullins is clearly a wing and definitely not a 1. It honestly seems like we’ve backed off Thomas, and our priorities are Lewis, one of Mullins/Adams (with Mullins being the preference), and one of Reibe/Bundalo (with Reibe being the preference).
My bad, I meant to say Darius Adams, not Lewis.

Sorry for that confusion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every recruiting service lists him as a PG or CG not a SG. More importantly we’d need him to be Nowells backup at PG since we’ll also have Mahaney, Ball and hopefully Mullins or Adams
You are correct. I Meant Adams, not Lewis. My bad.

Reaction Score
Thomas, Lewis and Nowell can not “co exist”. Mahaney and Ball should still be here too
Agree. I Meant Adams, not Lewis. My bad. Though any addition of two guards will create even more crazy competition than this up coming season. I hope that doesn't scare these guards from choosing UConn.

Reaction Score
They're two very different players. Thomas is a 1/2 extremely physical combo, similar to Castle who can power his way to the basket and is a multi-layer scorer while Adams (sorry that I initially and incorrectly wrote Lewis) is more a 2 who is a perpetual motion deep shooter who catches off of screens where he knocks down 3s or drives to the paint and finishes well for a much slighter built guard.

They could coexist in UConn's multi guard/wing motion offense, though it would be a tall order to land both. It would be like having Castle and Spencer on the floor at the same time. It's more like Adams (not Lewis) vs Mullins as far as who decides first.

As for Acaden Lewis, I've not seen any video on him. How would you describe his game? Similar to Nowell?
Answering my own question. I watched some video of Acaden Lewis and his game is very similar to Castle's, though not quite the physical strength and size as Stephon. Even his form on his 3 ball is similar though in the clips I watched he was knocking them down. He has a nice handle, using his misdirection and strength to make his way to the basket and create space for his midrange and deep J.

I like his game. He's {6-2) not as big as Thomas (6-4), so would likely be a 2 to 3 year player, which I think will give us more bang for the buck.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think their freshman contributions won't be that much different, and getting a 2nd or even 3rd year out of Lewis, compared to just 1 from Thomas (and likely a lesser NIL price), would be a huge plus. If Lewis ends up at UConn and Thomas at some other program where there is less competition for PT and shots, his numbers will likely be more, though I still think their production per minute will be close their freshman season. It will be interesting to compare their final states after their freshman season and after their college careers are done.

I didn't watch closely at their defense comparing the two, but I think Lewis seemed disruptive on D, resulting in a few turnovers that led to some transition points in those clips.

I'm fine with whichever one we get, but I'm now leaning towards Lewis.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm not sure you have the right read on Thomas. He's about 35lbs lighter than Castle and half as physical. He doesn't power his way to the basket at all really--he actually relies on his mid-range a lot because of his lack of physicality. He's just uber-skilled scoring and has superb touch, so he manages to score efficiently still.

Reaction Score
Answering my own question. I watched some video of Acaden Lewis and his game is very similar to Castle's. Even his form on his 3 ball is similar though in the clips I watched he was knocking them down. He has a nice handle, using his misdirection and strength to make his way to the basket and create space for his midrange and deep J.

I like his game. He's {6-2) not as big as Thomas (6-4), so would likely be a 2 to 3 year player, which I think will give us more bang for the buck.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think their freshman contributions won't be that much different, and getting a 2nd or even 3rd year out of Lewis, compared to just 1 from Thomas (and likely a lesser NIL price), would a huge plus.

You're doing it again with the recency bias. Lewis doesn't play anything like Castle.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you have the right read on Thomas. He's about 35lbs lighter than Castle and half as physical. He doesn't power his way to the basket at all really--he actually relies on his mid-range a lot because of his lack of physicality. He's just uber-skilled scoring and has superb touch, so he manages to score efficiently still.
He's still just a rising senior with a year to get bigger and stronger. I agree he's not as physical as Castle, but he is often relentless with attacking the paint in the clips I've seen, which Castle excelled at.

I just see similarities with his and Lewis' game, compared to that of Adams who has a ways to go in the weight room and his overall game. Though Adams might not have body type to add a lot of bulk, similar to Rip Hamilton, though Rip did okay when he was here. Note these are just rough comparison.

So feel free to share your comparisons for each guard we're recruiting and why you like certain ones over others.

All the guards Danny is recruiting fit UConn's style of play in various different ways. Some have more versatility than others who fit the motion offense as well as the switching matchup offense that is used at times particularly when the shot clock is running down.

Also keep in mind Danny and his staff have the capability to coach up these recruits. So what they will be doing after being part of the program will be more than what we are seeing now.

Reaction Score
You're doing it again with the recency bias. Lewis doesn't play anything like Castle.
Not sure what you mean by recency bias. These are just rough comparisons with recent players. Castle was a special player who was drafted 4th and I haven't heard the lottery buzz that we heard from Castle from the very beginning with any of these recruits.

Let us know who you would compare these recruits to. It's just to provide a point of reference.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom