2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
The guys you mentioned plus Mullins and Reibe, makes me wonder if even with a large NIL pot to draw from if they’d have enough to go around for all of those guys, particularly in a competitive marketplace.
Will be interesting as all the guys we have left on the board are being courted by big names with deep pockets. If we land 3 or even 4, with an early-ish commit out of Adams, would be a sign we are doing ok on NIL and overall draw.

Still really hope we have a chance with Reibe.

Reaction Score
One of the biggest questions I have in all this is where Jayden falls in. He’ll have paid his dues as a top 75ish recruit, and you’d think have earned a chance to start next year. If we’re bringing in multiple 2/3s I do wonder what kind of message that sends.
As Ahmad Nowell's father said, you have to replace what you're losing and everyone needs to compete for their minutes. Assuming Karaban and McNeeley leave after the season, the staff needs to replace those positions and skills. Jayden will have his chance to compete for minutes. You'd hope he doesn't feel the need to run away from the competition. What kind of Husky would that be?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The timing and expectation of the Adams commit really makes me wonder as to Mullins. While different players they do effectively play the same position. Are they ok coming in together, does the staff have a good feel on Mullins direction?

Adam’s teammate Haralson (both play at La Lumier in Indiana), a big recruit, is announcing his commit today, choosing amongst IU, MSU and ND. He’s a clear 3/4, and his destination could be a small suggestion of what’s to come with Mullins. The trio of Mullins, Sisler and Haralson to IU would give them a solid 2,3,4 frosh class and a very local package deal.

Some of the IU hypothetical was that Mullins canceled the Duke visit after making the trip to UNC and not loving the travel logistics (a reach). Him keeping UNC on the list kaboshed that theory. Or he’s a shoe in for IU and the other two programs are just keeping the suspense.

One of the biggest questions I have in all this is where Jayden falls in. He’ll have paid his dues as a top 75ish recruit, and you’d think have earned a chance to start next year. If we’re bringing in multiple 2/3s I do wonder what kind of message that sends.
If the class is Adam’s, Bundalo, and Reibe I don’t expect that to interfere with Ross’s playing time.

If McNeely and Karaban leaves after this year it clears the way for a 3/4 of Ross and Stewart. I’d hope for a Jackson and Hawkins kind of chemistry between those guys if that happens.

Reaction Score
As Ahmad Nowell's father said, you have to replace what you're losing and everyone needs to compete for their minutes. Assuming Karaban and McNeeley leave after the season, the staff needs to replace those positions and skills. Jayden will have his chance to compete for minutes. You'd hope he doesn't feel the need to run away from the competition. What kind of Husky would that be?
Not speculating on any individual’s, just a general statement.

Hurley seems to do a great job of giving minutes of merit. We’ve had some kids leave in the past. Can’t think of any though that left and found some profound untapped success elsewhere

Reaction Score
the glass half empty view is that he's not there yet physically and got bullied by bigger and stronger players at peach jam. the upside is that he will probably stay for multiple years. the shooting numbers at peach jam do stand out though, so much so that I wonder if there's some mitigating factors like injury or illness throwing him off.

fit wise if he can actually shoot it'd be amazing and it's easy to see why the staff like him. very good off ball movement and a lot of crafty shot creation to exploit defense lapses. the shot looks good but the numbers have been inconsistent.
He got bullied from the foul line?

Reaction Score
Will be interesting as all the guys we have left on the board are being courted by big names with deep pockets. If we land 3 or even 4, with an early-ish commit out of Adams, would be a sign we are doing ok on NIL and overall draw.

Still really hope we have a chance with Reibe.
Definitely, that’s one guy I hope is wearing Husky Blue, when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
The timing and expectation of the Adams commit really makes me wonder as to Mullins. While different players they do effectively play the same position. Are they ok coming in together, does the staff have a good feel on Mullins direction?

Adam’s teammate Haralson (both play at La Lumier in Indiana), a big recruit, is announcing his commit today, choosing amongst IU, MSU and ND. He’s a clear 3/4, and his destination could be a small suggestion of what’s to come with Mullins. The trio of Mullins, Sisler and Haralson to IU would give them a solid 2,3,4 frosh class and a very local package deal.

Some of the IU hypothetical was that Mullins canceled the Duke visit after making the trip to UNC and not loving the travel logistics (a reach). Him keeping UNC on the list kaboshed that theory. Or he’s a shoe in for IU and the other two programs are just keeping the suspense.

The message to jayden is step up your game and earn it. Should get enough minutes this year to show everyone what he is.

Reaction Score
Amazing how unexcited the boneyard is for a massive recruit. Ho hum just another day. This kid is massive recruit seemingly sold on the Uconn culture. let’s try to ramp up the excitement
I love what I see from him.

Reaction Score
I have too much yard cleanup to do so, if this was posted already, disregard it. But if you haven't seen it these two strongly believe Adams is picking UConn.

The guy named Dion says he's an Indiana fan and is hurting over losing Adams to UConn and says he prefers Adams to Mullins because he's better and is more likely to stay a second year whereas Mullins (judging by their lists of schools) appears to be more focused on being one and done.

As far as whether both could still end up at UConn Dion believes they can and may because of DH's practices and development of players, regardless of how many other wings he has on the roster.

Reaction Score
Amazing how unexcited the boneyard is for a massive recruit. Ho hum just another day. This kid is massive recruit seemingly sold on the Uconn culture. let’s try to ramp up the excitement

Being seriously involved with more 5*s than ever is definitely making folks jaded.

But really in any other year this kid would be an absolute coup for us. He is absolutely wired to score effeciently. If he weighed 200lbs, he'd be a top-5 player in the class. Our S&C program is going to send him to the league in 2027. Book it.

Reaction Score
Saw this a couple days ago. Almost seems like MSU won't want any more mentions of how they're in the top three of the lists of some major recruits.

Haralson then chose Indiana and Adams is rumored bound to UConn and then there's Dwayne Aristode.......anyone know why UConn didn't pursue him?

Reaction Score
Honestly who knows with Adam’s as far as multiple years. He could put some weight on over the year and turn into a one and done. He would also probably be ranked higher if he was not rail thin. Anyone with his basketball gifts, his willingness to trust the staff and work hard is something we should celebrate.

Reaction Score
Honestly who knows with Adam’s as far as multiple years. He could put some weight on over the year and turn into a one and done. He would also probably be ranked higher if he was not rail thin. Anyone with his basketball gifts, his willingness to trust the staff and work hard is something we should celebrate.

Diet, Diet, Diet. The staff at La Lumiere need to be shoveling mass gainer shakes down this kids gullet. It will be the difference between one-and-done or 2, 3, or even 4.

Reaction Score
BTW, I don’t ever remember a recruiting season that the coaching staff has had to work so hard. We obviously focused on top 30ish players this cycle and with NIL it seems like recruiting has gotten increasingly more time consuming.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

If we land Adams, he's got to be literally one of the 10 highest ranked recruits we've ever gotten. (Somebody must have a list.) And it's ... crickets. We had 200 pages on Diamond Stone.

I understand why people prefer Mullins to him, although it seems like there's a lot of recency bias, but he's a 5* recruit ranked 20th-25th in the country!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom