2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
Based on this list he would be 9. If you include Drummond 10.

Gay #4
Castle #9
Villanueva #7
Liam #10
Kemba NR
Hamilton #18
Oriakhi NR
Daniels #16

Adams is currently #18 in the composite.

Tied for 6 based on the grade.

Reaction Score
Tied for 6 based on the grade.
Is El-Amin not on the list because he predates the recruiting service? He was as high as #3 in some of the services like HoopScoop if I recall. Rudy Johnson was in high teens I recollect, and Donyell and RIP Hamilton as burger boys were likely in that range. Obviously none of them had this decimal point rating

Reaction Score
Amazing how unexcited the boneyard is for a massive recruit. Ho hum just another day. This kid is massive recruit seemingly sold on the Uconn culture. let’s try to ramp up the excitement

I think the main reason for the lack of excitement, at least for me initially, is based on the reports and his stats from Peach Jam. He was pretty abysmal there and it almost seemed like he may be massively overrated based on his performance there. But the analysts are still high on him and hopefully it was just an off week. I’ve always been higher on Mullins but the more I watch of Adams the more I like. Probably a guy that sticks around for a few years too based on size/lack of relative athleticism…but it’s obvious he can be a great scorer and plays with a great pace/feel for the game.

Reaction Score
When you watch Adams film you can tell he grew up playing under a dad who’s a coach. He plays in control, can score at a variety of levels and has great footwork and touch. He’s a “good enough” athlete who’s long, and will be a great plug into the UConn system. He actually reminds me of Newton a bit. As he gets stronger and adapts to the college game he’s going to be a good one.

Reaction Score
Is El-Amin not on the list because he predates the recruiting service? He was as high as #3 in some of the services like HoopScoop if I recall. Rudy Johnson was in high teens I recollect, and Donyell and RIP Hamilton as burger boys were likely in that range. Obviously none of them had this decimal point rating

Yes, as far as I know this is correct.

Reaction Score
Not sure how tall DA is. Have seen his height ranging from 6'3"-6'5" depending on which article/rating service you're reading. Any way-If we're lucky enough to get him on board- Our SnC and player development will help with his explosion and athleticism. He can fill it up and clearly has BBIQ and feel for game. Tapes and vids show me that he's a connector and asset to his team as a leader.

No question in my mind that he and Mullins could easily co-exist and successfully fit into our system and flourish as players.

Reaction Score
Donyell and I think Khalid were definitely in the top 10 in their final rankings. Rudy was originally the prize of that recruiting class and was in the teens before dropping a bit. Taliek was definitely in the top 15-20. Caron was ranked in the top 10 by services that ranked him due to his age and prep school status.

Reaction Score
I believe KEA was #19 when JC closed on him. Rudy was in the 20’s for sure at some point but an injury may have bounced him down a bit when we actually finalized with him.

Reaction Score
Is El-Amin not on the list because he predates the recruiting service? He was as high as #3 in some of the services like HoopScoop if I recall. Rudy Johnson was in high teens I recollect, and Donyell and RIP Hamilton as burger boys were likely in that range. Obviously none of them had this decimal point
I recall the Sunday paper having a spread on Donyell when he signed. His hands were 9.5” from palm to middle finger. He was considered number 8 by Parade. I can’t find anything on RIP other than maybe 18. Kemba was 16, Oriakhi was 17.

But, again the rankings are silly. Our hall of famer was 35.

Reaction Score
I recall the Sunday paper having a spread on Donyell when he signed. His hands were 9.5” from palm to middle finger. He was considered number 8 by Parade. I can’t find anything on RIP other than maybe 18. Kemba was 16, Oriakhi was 17.

But, again the rankings are silly. Our hall of famer was 35.
Rankings have some level of subjectivity to them - they’re not based on data. Take the 2023 Kentucky HS class as a great example.

DJ Wagner and Justin Edwards were 6 and 3 respectively, Reed and Dillingham 79 and 21. First two were giant flops and next two were lottery picks. Character matters, kid develop at different rates.

Rankings are directional but certainly not precise. Hurley get this with his outside entity stuff and puts all his stock into his personal evaluation system.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sure the obvious has already been said in this thread: Hurley has a house in Manasquan so... I'm sure there must be some long term knowledge and awareness about this kid.

Reaction Score
I believe KEA was #19 when JC closed on him. Rudy was in the 20’s for sure at some point but an injury may have bounced him down a bit when we actually finalized with him.
Khalid was definitely top 10

Rudy was also top 10

Reaction Score

Rudy was also top 10
Rudy Johnson not Gay. Rudy J was the jewel of the class before we got Donyell and was ranked in the top 20 when he committed. Too bad that the super bouncy Rudy got so riddled with injuries and became a shell of what he was.

Reaction Score

Rudy was also top 10
I’d be willing to bet neither was Top 10. I remember watching the McDs game and it was GTown as the favorite and he was 19 and we snuck in and stole him.

Rudy I don’t think was ever top 20 but I’d like to know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom