2025 Recruiting: - Darius Adams Update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Adams Update

Reaction Score
If we land Adams, he's got to be literally one of the 5 highest ranked recruits we've ever gotten. (Somebody must have a list.) And it's ... crickets. We had 200 pages on Diamond Stone.

I understand why people prefer Mullins to him, although it seems like there's a lot of recency bias, but he's a 5* recruit ranked 20th-25th in the country!

See below: Adams would be number 6.

Reaction Score
See below: Adams would be number 6.

Ever is a stretch - 247 has t been around forever. Donyell was number 8, Kemba and Oriakhi were about 16 and 17 in their respective years. They completely left out Drummond.

Not saying he’s not a great get, and the rankings don’t mean much other than a rough guide (Ray Allen was ranked 35th).

Reaction Score
Diet, Diet, Diet. The staff at La Lumiere need to be shoveling mass gainer shakes down this kids gullet. It will be the difference between one-and-done or 2, 3, or even 4.
Is UConn's S&C coach allowed to have any input in terms of providing an S&C plan for a recruit during their senior year? Or is that against NCAA rules?

Reaction Score
If we land Adams, he's got to be literally one of the 10 highest ranked recruits we've ever gotten. (Somebody must have a list.) And it's ... crickets. We had 200 pages on Diamond Stone.

I understand why people prefer Mullins to him, although it seems like there's a lot of recency bias, but he's a 5* recruit ranked 20th-25th in the country!
I think it's just because this recruitment has been so quiet from the beginning. Adams isn't getting the top 5 buzz like Acuff and Meleek Thomas, nor is he getting the "blow up" buzz like Acaden Lewis and Mullins. He's been ranked this highly for a while so it's just kinda gone under the radar. And his recruiting list didn't involve Calipari, Duke, Kentucky, or UNC so it wasn't really blowing up. Kansas offered but didn't even get a visit. Plus didn't we only offer him in June? It's been a fairly quick recruitment from offer to (hopeful) commitment on Monday

Reaction Score
Is UConn's S&C coach allowed to have any input in terms of providing an S&C plan for a recruit during their senior year? Or is that against NCAA rules?

I have no idea, but it definitely happens.

La Lumiere has a top-notch program though. I'm sure he's getting advice from a dietician and they have a strength coach for the team.

Reaction Score
More Jeremy Lamb to me with more guard skills. Plays long even though only 6-3 (only? Lol) love his game. Give me Mullins now too and ouch.

Only problem is patience because Nowell, Mahaney and Ball ain't moving over all that easy!

Reaction Score
3 level player. He's really skilled. A little concerned with his low release. He'll struggle initially against taller, stronger players.

Reaction Score
More Jeremy Lamb to me with more guard skills. Plays long even though only 6-3 (only? Lol) love his game. Give me Mullins now too and ouch.

Only problem is patience because Nowell, Mahaney and Ball ain't moving over all that easy!
Yeah I see Lamb also

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
3 level player. He's really skilled. A little concerned with his low release. He'll struggle initially against taller, stronger players.
Yeah the 3 level scoring impressed me a lot. He’s really good off the bounce and his pull up looks smooth. Not afraid to attack the basket strong too.

Overall just a lot to like about his offensive game. I’m a big fan of scorers who can shoot rather than vice versa. That’s where he’s like Book to me.

Reaction Score
Always fantastic to get a top 25 guy - but I am sensing a bit more hesitation on the talent here vs previous players of his rank. For people who have watched him, do we feel good? Genuine question haven’t watched or do not scout tape. Or is there concern this could be a Diggins situation?

Reaction Score
Yeah the 3 level scoring impressed me a lot. He’s really good off the bounce and his pull up looks smooth. Not afraid to attack the basket strong too.

Overall just a lot to like about his offensive game. I’m a big fan of scorers who can shoot rather than vice versa. That’s where he’s like Book to me.
Bouck could not shoot the 3, still can’t

Reaction Score
Not that tall, 6'4 right, but he uses his length really well. Driving with the ball, long quick strides to get by people, and he is able to use all his length to finish around the rim. Makes pullup Js look easy, and 3s too, nice follow thru. He both uses and finishes thru contact. Natural scorer. I can see the Rip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom