Darius Adams commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Darius Adams commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to basketball capital of the world Darius Adams!!!!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I really like this kid, a ONE-TWO- definitely TN Jr.
Great job on the staff. I wonder if they find it a bit easier after the last 2 seasons or does NIL outweigh all things in a majority of cases?
I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Can't land top kids without good or very good NIL resources, but you can probably land kids with maybe a little less NIL with great coaching and improved possibility of going higher in the draft with tons of success in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
As long as UConn can get 1 top 30 recruit each year, UConn will have a good team. If they get 1 or 2 more … we could be talking 4 peat. Adams seems to have a great attitude, based on his public comments. I think he will be a great player at UConn. Amazing how Hurley finds guys that want to work hard, be challenged, get better, win, earn their way to nba first round pick.

I am also equally amazed by players who have talent and opportunity to live the dream of NBA superstar and don’t want to work hard and are focused more on a few hundred thousand extra in NIL money now, vs millions more in NBA later.

Reaction Score
We’re gonna have 3 top 30 recruits in 2025
2 being 5star & 1(possibly 2) of those being burger boys ‍
As long as UConn can get 1 top 30 recruit each year, UConn will have a good team. If they get 1 or 2 more … we could be talking 4 peat. Adams seems to have a great attitude, based on his public comments. I think he will be a great player at UConn. Amazing how Hurley finds guys that want to work hard, be challenged, get better, win, earn their way to nba first round pick.

I am also equally amazed by players who have talent and opportunity to live the dream of NBA superstar and don’t want to work hard and are focused more on a few hundred thousand extra in NIL money now, vs millions more in NBA later.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love who we land, seems like an awesome recuit. Dan is landing kids who understand they need to improve, no matter how highly regarded they are

The other type of kid goes elsewhere :)

Welcome Darious

Number 20 has to be like top 10 alltime for us

Reaction Score
Well if Darius can pull this off then he’s entitled to bonus NIL and free ice cream at the Dairy Bar for life.
Any kid who actively recruits before stepping on campus has a head start to advancing his jersey to the rafters.

He's UConn fam already, not in words or jersey pic but actions.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he's peeking the Yard being UConn and all. LOL

Reaction Score

Most of the top kids work very hard…they all have personal trainers, do skill workouts etc. but the difference is that some don’t care too much about winning and being part of a great team and culture at the college level.

Reaction Score
Great news! Welcome aboard, Darius! He seems like a great fit as far as his game is concerned and his attitude toward winning and improving. A UConn type of guy.

Reaction Score
Most of the top kids work very hard…they all have personal trainers, do skill workouts etc. but the difference is that some don’t care too much about winning and being part of a great team and culture at the college level.
Or playing defense. Some kids are locked in and intoxicated by the NBA, and it’s a singular goal with all else a stepping stone to get there.

I’m going to be really curious to see what Dysbantsa does at the college level in his one year. Unlike Flagg, I get this sense he’s being treated more as an investment than a player that can add to a team. Nothing about his recruitment feels intentional around helping a program win as much as it is a payday. I haven’t heard one quote from his entourage about trying to help a program win.

Reaction Score
Any kid who actively recruits before stepping on campus has a head start to advancing his jersey to the rafters.

He's UConn fam already, not in words or jersey pic but actions.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he's peeking the Yard being UConn and all. LOL
If he’s not, I bet his family and close friends are. Remember how much Oriakhi’s family paid attention to what was written outside of the “mainstream” media. Lol

Reaction Score
New Jersey guard, whodathunkit? Danny seems very serious about getting players who embrace being pushed.

Welcome aboard young pup, it won't be easy but it will be great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom