Dan Mullen 'rumor' | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dan Mullen 'rumor'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was implemented earlier this year, and in fact Georgia has already had their non-coaching recruiting director commit an NCAA violation: http://onlineathens.com/marc-weisze...recruiting-director-suspended-ncaa-violations

I think he was just normal SEC bad...;)

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/ncaa-suspends-controversial-recruiting-proposals/

>>But after reviewing significant feedback, the NCAA suspended two of the most concerning topics in the recruiting deregulation proposals, via NCAA.org:
  • Prop. No. RWG-11-2, which eliminated the definition of recruiting coordination functions that must be performed only be a head or assistant coach, be suspended until appropriate modifications can be made. The concept will be considered as the membership ponders its approach to non-coaching personnel.
  • Prop. No. RWG-13-5-A, which eliminated restrictions on printed materials sent to prospects other than general correspondence, be suspended to allow for a broader discussion of the rule.
>>Suspending RWG-11-2 is suspending arguably the most controversial proposal, allowing a university to hire an unlimited amount of staff members to contact prospects an unlimited number of times. And doing so is the right call. Essentially, the NCAA has suspended the rule that allows universities to hire an unlimited amount of ‘front office’ personnel to recruit or participate in recruiting<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Mullen is looking less and less available after Miss State's close loss at Texas A&M and playing well against Bama.

Reaction Score
Miss State still has two games left (Arkansas and Ole Miss). Lose both and he's gone. Win both he stays. 1-1 who knows... Go Razorbacks!

Reaction Score
Miss State still has two games left (Arkansas and Ole Miss). Lose both and he's gone. Win both he stays. 1-1 who knows... Go Razorbacks!
do u guys really think a coach from the anything and everything goes south would come up here ??????????????

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Mullen is looking less and less available after Miss State's close loss at Texas A&M and playing well against Bama.

He is unpopular with a number of people in the SEC and I have heard that there is pressure from some alumni to get rid of him. If he loses the next two he will be out and available

Reaction Score
Mullen was rumored to be a top choice for the PSU job...and was actually VERY annoyed that there were ANY rumors about his interest in that job what so ever. He actually went on a rant to the press about it.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33599393
This time there was no such rant....who knows maybe where there is smoke there is fire this time.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Mullen was rumored to be a top choice for the PSU job...and was actually VERY annoyed that there were ANY rumors about his interest in that job what so ever. He actually went on a rant to the press about it.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33599393
This time there was no such rant....who knows maybe where there is smoke there is fire this time.
PSU job? Where is O'Brien going?

Reaction Score
PSU job? Where is O'Brien going?
That was back when they were replacing Joe Pa...when OB was hired. The date on the article I linked was November 30, 2011.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What ever happened to this guy?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/dan-mullen-mississippi-state-into-big-time/
Think that if he wants out, he will have his choice at the end of this year and it will not be in the AAC.

Great find, Prog. This deserves it's own thread. My favorite quote about Mullen's successful philosophy.............

To Mullen, it’s all in a day’s work. “I don’t look at where they are today. My mind is, ‘Where are they going to be three years from now?’” Mullen told me. “Here’s a 6-foot-3, 210-pound high school quarterback who hasn’t played a lot of linebacker. But you talk to him and you realize he has toughness. And he can run. And you get him in the weight room, and he grows an inch and a half — which you can’t control — and he becomes a 250-pound athletic linebacker who can play at the next level.”

Sounds pretty similar to HCBD's stockpiling of big bodied verbal commits. He may be an evil genius so I'm giving him three years before I turn on him. I can't justify giving up on anyone so quickly. You can judge them harshly but to desert someone on your team so quickly is the first sign of weakness and a sure sign you're part of the problem.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Gotta give props to whaler for calling what was going to happen this season.

Reaction Score
Ouch, they mentioned Max Wittek when talking about high profile QB prospects that never panned out. Does anyone know what happend to this guy. Wasn't he looking to transfer to Texas?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you're the resident Debbie downer, any bad season makes you right.

LOL - I said it's smart to manage expectations because turnarounds take a long time. Yeah that's being a downer.

Reaction Score
When you're the resident Debbie downer, any bad season makes you right.

Just curious how honestly assessing this year (back in Nov) and being right about it makes someone a Debbie Downer?

There are many cheerleaders on here who operate on blind faith. Just because some people engage in real talk doesn't make them a pessimist.

There are plenty of people in this thread who have done an about face by the way. Some said this team was just poorly coached and a lack of talent wasn't an issue. A quick turnaround was expected. Some of those same people are now defending Diaco saying he needs time (which I happen to agree with).

Reaction Score
Just curious how honestly assessing this year (back in Nov) and being right about it makes someone a Debbie Downer?

There are many cheerleaders on here who operate on blind faith. Just because some people engage in real talk doesn't make them a pessimist.

There are plenty of people in this thread who have done an about face by the way. Some said this team was just poorly coached and a lack of talent wasn't an issue. A quick turnaround was expected. Some of those same people are now defending Diaco saying he needs time (which I happen to agree with).

What a LOAD of BS.

I separate the posters on the Football Boneyard between ...

A. The Adults. (many of whom actually tried difficult things ... and made them happen)

B. And the Whining wretches

WE NEED Bob Diaco to be good. I agree you can criticize with your limited football experience and expertise; you have this freely open internet spot. Go ahead. But, Boyle versus Whitmer ... seems to fly against what this Dan Mullen thread (just read the Sports Illustrated article) should be about. We picked a guy and we have to live through a cultural/schematic/youthful-coach-develop phasing. It was not going to be pretty - giving whaler11 credit is silly. Like picking the correct phase of the moon (when you can just google it).

It's not about the cheerleaders on the Boneyard. My problem with some understanding that they are part of the Problem. You invested in the Program: STOP being the whiny bitchy babies who want out of your investment the minute the costs start adding up & the closings/execution takes the time. Because that is what we are about here.

And for those that wanted to dump Edsall ... I hope you learned what a truly outstanding Program Build he did. We need the next phase. It will jump our University and our sports to the P5. If that's a cheerleader ... than too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom