Dan Mullen 'rumor' | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dan Mullen 'rumor'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
any new coach needs time but it is disappointing to see the small sample size so far appear to be a waste of time with all the WTF's and they are being performed by a true assistant on an arduous learning curve: not too encouraging at this point (maybe a monster recruiting class offsets this but what are the chances of that

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a LOAD of BS.

I separate the posters on the Football Boneyard between ...

A. The Adults. (many of whom actually tried difficult things ... and made them happen)

B. And the Whining wretches

WE NEED Bob Diaco to be good. I agree you can criticize with your limited football experience and expertise; you have this freely open internet spot. Go ahead. But, Boyle versus Whitmer ... seems to fly against what this Dan Mullen thread (just read the Sports Illustrated article) should be about. We picked a guy and we have to live through a cultural/schematic/youthful-coach-develop phasing. It was not going to be pretty - giving whaler11 credit is silly. Like picking the correct phase of the moon (when you can just google it).

It's not about the cheerleaders on the Boneyard. My problem with some understanding that they are part of the Problem. You invested in the Program: STOP being the whiny bitchy babies who want out of your investment the minute the costs start adding up & the closings/execution takes the time. Because that is what we are about here.

And for those that wanted to dump Edsall ... I hope you learned what a truly outstanding Program Build he did. We need the next phase. It will jump our University and our sports to the P5. If that's a cheerleader ... than too bad.

I agree with you that what I said is obvious and doesn't deserve any credit... but if it was as obvious as the phases of the moon why did so many have it completely wrong, many if whom I imagine fall into your classification of ADULTS?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I give Whaler props because I honestly thought it was a scheme and leadership issue. I didn't realize how hard it would be to fix those two things...and I probably thought the talent was better than it is.

I have faith...but I had no idea it would be this bad.

Reaction Score
I agree with you that what I said is obvious and doesn't deserve any credit... but if it was as obvious as the phases of the moon why did so many have it completely wrong, many if whom I imagine fall into your classification of ADULTS?

I said you could Google it ... and gain that knowledge. I cite lack of effort for those who got it wrong.

Reaction Score
What a LOAD of BS.

A. The Adults. (many of whom actually tried difficult things ... and made them happen)

WE NEED Bob Diaco to be good. I agree you can criticize with your limited football experience and expertise; you have this freely open internet spot. Go ahead. But, Boyle versus Whitmer ... seems to fly against what this Dan Mullen thread (just read the Sports Illustrated article) should be about. We picked a guy and we have to live through a cultural/schematic/youthful-coach-develop phasing. It was not going to be pretty - giving whaler11 credit is silly. Like picking the correct phase of the moon (when you can just google it).

It's not about the cheerleaders on the Boneyard. My problem with some understanding that they are part of the Problem. You invested in the Program: STOP being the whiny bitchy babies who want out of your investment the minute the costs start adding up & the closings/execution takes the time. Because that is what we are about here.

And for those that wanted to dump Edsall ... I hope you learned what a truly outstanding Program Build he did. We need the next phase. It will jump our University and our sports to the P5. If that's a cheerleader ... than too bad.

Spare me the lecture. I was ridiculed and labeled an Apologista for supporting Edsall all those years.

If you think people posting their opinion on an internet message board is part of the program's problem I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
Spare me the lecture. I was ridiculed and labeled an Apologista for supporting Edsall all those years.

If you think people posting their opinion on an internet message board is part of the program's problem I don't know what to tell you.

Apologista 'R Us

Reaction Score

Being ridiculed by people who were so stupid as to not realize that we were on a trajectory well above what should have been expected under Edsall is hardly something to be losing sleep over.

Reaction Score
Being ridiculed by people who were so stupid as to not realize that we were on a trajectory well above what should have been expected under Edsall is hardly something to be losing sleep over.

I'm not losing any sleep over it trust me. Just pointing out how ridiculous it is that I'm being labeled a whiny b!tch now because I'm not ignoring real life and I'm not posting positive stuff about the program 24/7. I realize that some may not the style that I post in (or the content for that matter), but I do not have a history of posting negative stuff throughout my time here. If people don't want to hear realistic stuff about the state of our program right now then I suggest they change the channel right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's funny that Apologista had a negative connotation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What a LOAD of BS.

In sum many of us are unable to postulate ideas. Instead we present declarations as sacrosanct. Being positive or negative isn't necessarily the problem. Insisting we have a better grasp of things than those in charge may or may not be correct. We all have opinions and suggestions, and it may turn out our opinions and suggestions have merit. But we seldom can know this with absolute certainty ahead of time. I'm not insisting people qualify their remarks in a fan forum. I would prefer people recognize their own limitations when arguing. Sometimes it is important to bring up a point many times. Not everyone was present when the original discussion took place. However saying it repetitively to the same people is just arguing for arguments sake. It gives the appearance of whining.

Reaction Score
Moi?

Lets not be so offended personally. I think I was NOT aiming for JS personally; but, making a general comment.

I object to a few things. First, I can't say that any of you are infinitely more knowledgable on football than me. Second, I don't think it's OK to throw Diaco into the wood chipper because of 5 games. Third, my opinion is that NE fans are far more susceptible to awful quick summary statements early. Maybe that's a Red Sox thing. Hang around. On the OP - Dan Mullen was 2-10 & we did grab his Star Matt Balis. Hang around.

My point: we aren't Cheerleaders if we try keeping things sunny around here. Pointing out good. We are in pain - maybe as much as the whiny wretches. Maybe fan investment is to reap the harvest from the climb. Tell me that the Calhoun improbable drama wasn't great fun? We can go that ride again ... here in FB.

Apologista. Cheerleader. Whatever. I do think that ATTITUDE and MOMENTUM is part of what we confront today. We did great filling a stadium site-unseen for the Indiana game first time at Rentschler. Diaco has a tough task: we need to (once again) figure out how to recruit with far more challenges than most. Develop kids. And, build the fanbase. I do think - looking at the NY Times map - that we have a helluva opportunity. We should be New England's college football team (Who? BC? BS.) We should morph more into Metro NYC. I'd rather be us as an ongoing business concern than the second team in Iowa or Mississippi.

Mullen is very interesting: read the SI article.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Moi?

Lets not be so offended personally. I think I was NOT aiming for JS personally; but, making a general comment.

I object to a few things. First, I can't say that any of you are infinitely more knowledgable on football than me. Second, I don't think it's OK to throw Diaco into the wood chipper because of 5 games. Third, my opinion is that NE fans are far more susceptible to awful quick summary statements early. Maybe that's a Red Sox thing. Hang around. On the OP - Dan Mullen was 2-10 & we did grab his Star Matt Balis. Hang around.

My point: we aren't Cheerleaders if we try keeping things sunny around here. Pointing out good. We are in pain - maybe as much as the whiny wretches. Maybe fan investment is to reap the harvest from the climb. Tell me that the Calhoun improbable drama wasn't great fun? We can go that ride again ... here in FB.

Apologista. Cheerleader. Whatever. I do think that ATTITUDE and MOMENTUM is part of what we confront today. We did great filling a stadium site-unseen for the Indiana game first time at Rentschler. Diaco has a tough task: we need to (once again) figure out how to recruit with far more challenges than most. Develop kids. And, build the fanbase. I do think - looking at the NY Times map - that we have a helluva opportunity. We should be New England's college football team (Who? BC? BS.) We should morph more into Metro NYC. I'd rather be us as an ongoing business concern than the second team in Iowa or Mississippi.

Mullen is very interesting: read the SI article.

1. No one claimed to be although you don't post much about actual football.

2. Seriously no one has. Literally not a single person.

3. If this were an SEC program the pressure on Diaco would be about 20x higher after his start. A guy like Bret Bielema has a resume that dwarfs Diaco at a similar age and he was on the hot seat immediately after getting to Arkansas. The UConn fan base didn't revolt on Pasqualoni until a year past it was obvious - the idea the NE passes judgment faster at least in college football is ridiculous.

The rest of your post is hard to understand.

You'd rather have UConn's outlook than be the second team in Mississippi? The team in the SEC ranked 3rd in the AP poll? You'd rather be the 115th team in the computers in the AAC with a $2 million dollar television contract than Mississippi State (or Mississippi).

Wut?

Reaction Score
Isn't "apologista" latin for "dead on correct?"

I think "gista" means always crowing about a point until it becomes annoying.

Big game for Randy tomorrow at noon. He needs a quality home win in the worst way. No easy games remaining on that schedule.

Go Iowa!

Reaction Score
The UConn fan base didn't revolt on Pasqualoni until a year past it was obvious

It's little things like that that make people hate you. What a stupid, worthless thing to write. Make sure to pat yourself on the back with a hot iron.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's little things like that that make people hate you. What a stupid, worthless thing to write.

Thanks for this: When people have nothing to post beyond personal attacks it's pretty clear they can't argue the facts.

Stupid? No it's true.

Worthless? Well if Pudge us trying to claim Northeast fans come to judgment too quickly I gave him an example that refutes it. So I guess if you think that is worthless in a debate... who am I to argue with your insight.

Don't you have to go get ready to root against Edsall? I'd point out how pathetic that is but you'd be mean and hurt my feelings.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's little things like that that make people hate you. What a stupid, worthless thing to write. Make sure to pat yourself on the back with a hot iron.

Sweet edit. Way to make sure to get that awesome joke in

Reaction Score
I always thought it was going to take 20 years. And so this doesn't really surprise me. But his handling of Boyle is still mystifying to me.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this: When people have nothing to post beyond personal attacks it's pretty clear they can't argue the facts.

You set yourself up as someone who is smarter than the entire UCONN fanbase. You made yourself an easy target.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
You set yourself up as someone who is smarter than the entire UCONN fanbase. You made yourself an easy target.

Actually he has never done that, if you actually read what he says.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well continuing to insult me instead of even attempting to actually talk football says more about you than it
does me, wouldn't you say?

I'm sorry though I'll clarify. Some people knew Pasqualoni was a lost cause immediately. But it wasn't until long past his expiration date that the majority bought in. You can go back and read the posts if you like.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry though I'll clarify. Some people knew Pasqualoni was a lost cause immediately.

SO the fanbase should have revolted immediately in your opinion.

So go on record should the entire fanbase revolt right now? If yes please tell us what good it will do.

Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
SO the fanbase should have revolted immediately in your opinion. So go on record should the entire fanbase revolt right now?

You are a good poster but right now you are just picking a fight cause you hate Whaler.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SO the fanbase should have revolted immediately in your opinion.

So go on record should the entire fanbase revolt right now?

Are you seriously dim?

Yes, the fanbase should have revolted on day 1 when they hired Pasqualoni. That was the correct reaction to the hire.

I have been critical of decisions that Diaco has made. If you'd like to debate that criticism - knock yourself out but it's all fair so good luck. That you lack the ability to comprehend what you read isn't really my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom