Dan Mullen 'rumor' | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Dan Mullen 'rumor'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, the fanbase should have revolted on day 1 when they hired Pasqualoni. That was the correct reaction to the hire.

and what good would it have done?

BTW you didn't revolt. You still went to the games, right? You weren't even a one man revolt. You are just someone who gets his rocks off on hanging your negativity in the boneyard. You are a Hater Blogger.

Reaction Score

BTW you didn't revolt. You still went to the games, right? You weren't even a one man revolt. You are just someone who gets his rocks off on hanging your negativity in the boneyard. You are a Hater blogger.

Just stop.

Reaction Score
Whaler11 ... Seriously: you lack self-awareness. You think like a Gambler. You think in terms of really exoteric self-defined closets.

Yes. I'd rather follow UConn Football & UConn Sports than Iowa State OR Mississippi State. I actually have more detailed insight into Starkville than you. I understand how fun the SEC is ... Even at a lower rung. One if my students did a year there last year & I saw every football weekend through her eyes. But I think our football; our soccer; our MBB & WBB; our Hockey ... Is a far more exciting package. For UConn stakeholders. I also love UCLA where I went to school as well. But NO ... I think UCONN has a more exciting future.

As for you ... I think you're just a bully. Easy to throw around insults anonymous. I scorn all this Apologista & Cheerleader language. & anyone who easily sets this board into subsets. And ... NO ... I don't think you're the God of football knowledge. I've friends from the Naugatuck Valley that know far more than you. Better Gamblers too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

BTW you didn't revolt. You still went to the games, right? You weren't even a one man revolt. You are just someone who gets his rocks off on hanging your negativity in the boneyard. You are a Hater blogger.

Well had more people made noise they may have dismissed Pasqualoni after 2 years instead of giving him a third. Dare to dream.

I guess I'm a bad guy for going to the games? I know I should be more positive about the Pasqualoni era.

Certainly it's my fault for being negative. It's not a program that is 14-28 in their last 42 playing a ridiculously bad schedule. So many good things to take from losses to Towson, Buffalo and Western Michigan.

I should be thrilled when they don't get a first down for two and half quarters against South Florida. Losing at home to Temple by four touchdowns is a cause for celebration.

Yep. It's me.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Well had more people made noise they may have dismissed Pasqualoni after 2 years instead of giving him a third. Dare to dream. I guess I'm a bad guy for going to the games? I know I should be more positive about the Pasqualoni era. Certainly it's my fault for being negative. It's not a program that is 14-28 in their last 42 playing a ridiculously bad schedule. So many good things to take from losses to Towson, Buffalo and Western Michigan. I should be thrilled when they don't get a first down for two and half quarters against South Florida. Losing at home to Temple by four touchdowns is a cause for celebration. Yep. It's me.

I think we made plenty of noise. Warde just wasn't willing to fire him after 2 years. I wonder if he regrets it now.

Petrino was there for the taking and it would have told everyone we were serious about football. I still feel that was our ticket to the P5.

Reaction Score
Yep. It's me.

agreed.

BTW the Boneyard/fanbase was in full revolt halfway through his second season. It didn't help. Louisville probably screwed us by losing to us, so did Randy.

In all sincerity, I apologize for the personal attack.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler11 ... Seriously: you lack self-awareness. You think like a Gambler. You think in terms of really exoteric self-defined closets.

Yes. I'd rather follow UConn Football & UConn Sports than Iowa State OR Mississippi State. I actually have more detailed insight into Starkville than you. I understand how fun the SEC is ... Even at a lower rung. One if my students did a year there last year & I saw every football weekend through her eyes. But I think our football; our soccer; our MBB & WBB; our Hockey ... Is a far more exciting package. For UConn stakeholders. I also love UCLA where I went to school as well. But NO ... I think UCONN has a more exciting future.

As for you ... I think you're just a bully. Easy to throw around insults anonymous. I scorn all this Apologista & Cheerleader language. & anyone who easily sets this board into subsets. And ... NO ... I don't think you're the God of football knowledge. I've friends from the Naugatuck Valley that know far more than you. Better Gamblers too.

Have you lost your mind?

You split the board into adults and whiners... LIKE EIGHT HOURS AGO.

You post about college football and when it's pointed out it's ridiculous you move the target to hockey and women's basketball. It's great that UConn has some loyal soccer fans. Nobody else but those 10-15k people care. Literally nobody. It may surprise you to learn 99.9% of
college sports fans don't give a rat's a** to anything beyond football and men's basketball.

Can someone point me in the direction where I said I was a GOD of FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE. Or the post where I claimed to be SUPER GAMBLER? Not that you don't talk out of your a** but how could you possibly know if someone is a better gambler than me anyway?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
agreed.

BTW the Boneyard/fanbase was in full revolt halfway through his second season. It didn't help.

Well had they gotten there halfway through the first season it may have. Instead we still have people that think the mythical uptick was real.

Reaction Score
THIS IS WHERE WE GO

We respond to you. (And Nelson & in this case Jimmy S) and suddenly we are the bad guys.

I never follow people around & make blanket statements. I'm not calling sunny people "Cheerleaders" and pro-Program "Apologista". That's why I label this "Adults". Adults don't go out of their way to attack anonymous posts because they are a point of view different than there's.

You are the Lead Offender. You Bully. While I may disagree, I quite clearly don't disrespect others views. It's the categorization that offends me. The Whiny? That's the set of folks that are determined to take all the Joy out of this UConn Football year. And YES - this is a problem going forward. YES - this was set up as a transitional year. Addazio at BC chose a route that got him to .500. Diaco, frankly, is choosing a painful rebuild. (And Edsall did this in 1998 - no one really watched)

Reaction Score
Mullen is UNDER his job placement. Clearly!

At $2.6m, lots of $5m paying Universities are going to look him up. Does that sound like the AAC UConn? Reading the SI article, he's got a great organization building mind.

As a New Hampshire native, he is interesting. And Chip Kelly & Joe Philbin & Tony Sparano. NE all.

Reaction Score
THIS IS WHERE WE GO

We respond to you. (And Nelson & in this case Jimmy S) and suddenly we are the bad guys.

I never follow people around & make blanket statements. I'm not calling sunny people "Cheerleaders" and pro-Program "Apologista". That's why I label this "Adults". Adults don't go out of their way to attack anonymous posts because they are a point of view different than there's.

You are the Lead Offender. You Bully. While I may disagree, I quite clearly don't disrespect others views. It's the categorization that offends me. The Whiny? That's the set of folks that are determined to take all the Joy out of this UConn Football year. And YES - this is a problem going forward. YES - this was set up as a transitional year. Addazio at BC chose a route that got him to .500. Diaco, frankly, is choosing a painful rebuild. (And Edsall did this in 1998 - no one really watched)

I honestly don't have a clue what your point is.

Am I supposed to refrain from posting about how badly Boyle has been handled this year? I'm supposed to shut up about the stupidity of burning a OLineman's RS half way through the season?

If not than I expect a SWF like attack from sportsart like I got the other day? That's the acceptable behavior here?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I always thought it was going to take 20 years. And so this doesn't really surprise me. But his handling of Boyle is still mystifying to me.
I'm not sure why it's mystifying to you! Evaluation preseason Boyle was determined to be third on the depth chart. It appeared the coaches wanted to give him a RS. CC's injury changed that.

The offensive line can't pass protect. Boyle is suffering from some sort of injury limiting his mobility. So the staff, which were reluctant to play Boyle before the season started, have to be even more concerned given the injury.

Am i missing something?

Reaction Score
Go ahead - call sportsart a Cheerleader. He's clearly got that bent. Why do we need a whole category of Cheerleaders? And Apologista? And any other grouping.

Turns the Board into "Game of Thrones". I want you to disagree with sportsart or anyone else.

At the end of the Edsall era, we had become strongly pitched in camps. Looking back, I bet one group was quite wrong. We ALL united under PP. this Diaco period is painful. But ... If he totally revamps the OLine & the D gets markedly better ... Who's to say that 2015 won't be a year we Leap above 9 other AAC programs. And from there ... More steps. I don't know what to say about the disparity of what people want to post during today's chaos.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I've always felt this forum had a cerebral quality that the mbb's forum lacked, although the men's bb forum has significantly improved the past two years. And I always felt that you guys had an ability to handle adversity better than the men's and women's bb forums. (Adversity quotient: Football forum>>>men's bb forum>>>>>>>>women's bb forum)

But no matter how stoic we try to be, there is a limit for most of us. I think the duration and degree of bad results has put many of you on tilt. Your sniping at each other is a shame, because this program will turn around imo, and many of you may be unable to reconcile the bitterness you're presently throwing at each other. Is this something you guys really want to have happen? Do you really want to break up a community that is special?

Reaction Score
I've always felt this forum had a cerebral quality that the mbb's forum lacked, although the men's bb forum has significantly improved the past two years. And I always felt that you guys had an ability to handle adversity better than the men's and women's bb forums. (Adversity quotient: Football forum>>>men's bb forum>>>>>>>>women's bb forum)

But no matter how stoic we try to be, there is a limit for most of us. I think the duration and degree of bad results has put many of you on tilt. Your sniping at each other is a shame, because this program will turn around imo, and many of you may be unable to reconcile the bitterness you're presently throwing at each other. Is this something you guys really want to have happen? Do you really want to break up a community that is special?
The last thing we need is less people coming here. This board does somewhat reflect upon how much interest and potential UConn football has compared to other schools.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
THIS IS WHERE WE GO

Who said you are a bad guy for responding. You said you hate people being divided into groups right after you did it.

I honestly don't really get your point? I'm a bully? I get personally attacked by like 5 different posters who prefer to do it that way then try to actually discuss football and I'm a bully?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The last thing we need is less people coming here.
Call me stupid. Call me pollyanna, call me a cheer leader, but I honestly believe that the program will turn around. It won't turn around as fast as some of us want, but it won't stay in the dumps forever, as some of us are convinced will happen.

When that time comes, there will be a lot of people coming to this forum. I have no doubts. The numbers have significantly increased on the men's bb forum during the run of the last four seasons. I would love to see the "veterans" of this community be here when that happens.

Reaction Score
Call me stupid. Call me pollyanna, call me a cheer leader, but I honestly believe that the program will turn around. It won't turn around as fast as some of us want, but it won't stay in the dumps forever, as some of us are convinced will happen.

When that time comes, there will be a lot of people coming to this forum. I have no doubts. The numbers have significantly increased on the men's bb forum during the run of the last four seasons. I would love to see the "veterans" of this community be here when that happens.
Mississippi State's success has me scratching my head. Balis might be able to accomplish something here.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why it's mystifying to you! Evaluation preseason Boyle was determined to be third on the depth chart. It appeared the coaches wanted to give him a RS. CC's injury changed that.

The offensive line can't pass protect. Boyle is suffering from some sort of injury limiting his mobility. So the staff, which were reluctant to play Boyle before the season started, have to be even more concerned given the injury.

Am i missing something?

Then don't play him at all and let him heal. Don't play him 5-10 plays a game. Inactivate him, tell everyone he isn't available, and name him the starter (or whatever) when he is healthy. You think this is a good idea?

Reaction Score
Cause putting him in for 5 plays, and then yanking him after a TERRIBLE interception does exactly what for him and the team?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Mississippi State's success has me scratching my head. Balis might be able to accomplish something here.
I don't know how it will happen or who will lead the university out of it's football quagmire. I'll leave that debate with those of you who have a better pulse of the football universe. I mostly lurk here to get info and be informed because I am a fan. I just have a strong gut feeling that things will end up being much better than any of us can imagine given the state of the program that currently exists.

I've had these gut feelings many times before with different things, and although I'm rational by nature and know there is absolutely nothing to support these gut feelings, they frequently turn out to be correct. Hence my plea to people in this forum to not give up now after being loyal to the program for so long.

I'll put myself at risk of ridicule by relating this story. So be it.

I visited my parents once a week. I was about to leave after one visit when I had a strong gut feeling it was the last time I was going to see my dad alive. So before leaving I went up and hugged and kissed him, which was absolutely out of character because he wasn't the touchy feely type. Two nights later I woke up 3AM in the morning because I "heard" my mom screaming my dad's name. I lived 45 miles from their home. It turned out he had a massive heart attack and collapsed at the exact moment I woke up from my sleep.

That was a horrible gut feeling. But I'm glad I had it because I had the opportunity to let my dad know I loved him before he passed. That was important to me.

This feeling about the football program is obviously considerably less important and personally less significant. Which is probably why I have less specific "feeling" how it will play out. But I have the same strong gut feeling it will turn out positive and much better than we can imagine.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Then don't play him at all and let him heal. Don't play him 5-10 plays a game. Inactivate him, tell everyone he isn't available, and name him the starter (or whatever) when he is healthy. You think this is a good idea?
I honestly didn't know what you were thinking when I asked the question. Thanks for clarifying. I can only guess the rational of his decision making. My guess is the injury is borderline in nature. The staff are not going to have the defense go aggressively at Boyle in practice. So they put him in games for a few plays to see if he can work out the problem.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Put me in the camp that this board is exactly where it is supposed to be, pissed off, hopeful and desperate for something good to happen. The last 3-1/2 years demand nothing less. Clearly, PP should have never been hired or at least given the boot after his second season. The jury is still out on Diaco, but he hasn't done anything to show that he will turn this program around. Still too early to say he won't but some of the decisions, whether they are long term plays or not, seem odd. And I can't let go of how bad the O-line is. Blocking is somewhat fundamental to FB, the first thing taught after how to put on the uniform. I am more than a bit puzzled that he and his staff, haven't devised some scheme to produce results better than we are seeing against the level of competition we are playing. I recall playing #1 Miami and not looking this out of depth.

It's OK to keep hope alive and to reserve judgment in this first year, but it's not like he's coaching up the track team to play at the Rent, it is a D1 football roster. He needs to do better just as much as the players need to do better. Benign skepticism seems about right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom