Croatia, pictures and game results (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Croatia, pictures and game results (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_1663.jpeg

Reaction Score
Finally got to watch it. Thanks @HuskyNan. I saw no sign of any injury to Caroline though it could have occurred off camera. The camera work wasn’t stellar :D The game itself was ragged on both sides. We looked a bit more practiced but it felt like something halfway between an IM game and scrimmage.

The freshmen entered the game very early, maybe 4-5 mins in. Caroline hit a couple smooth corner 3s. The veterans came in and out. Azzi was cold in the first half and then hit everything in the second. If Geno hadn’t taken her out she’d have scored 100.

KK and Ashlynn entered the game early and are pure energy. KK is hard to stop. Ashlynn has a smooth pull-up jumper and is an absolute ball hawk. Qadence is the very definition of smooth, as a shooter a rebounder and driver. But she also sometimes does this gangly run swinging her arms. It’s very charming. And Qadence can definitely get out in the break rather like Aubrey.

All the smooth around the rim moves Aaliyah developed by her junior year, Ice has those now.

Inês played about 10-15 mins. She looked good, active running the floor, good passes and sharp D.

Aubrey was everywhere when she turned it on. It would have been cruel to play her the whole game, just like Azzi and Caroline Nika and Aaliyah.

Finally, I didn’t see any injuries to anyone. Maybe something occurred off camera, but I have no idea where this rumor is coming from.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Exhibition games are one thing. But playing for your national team is hardly meaningless, particularly for Jana who’s father is a national team coach for Egypt.

Not to mention, Jana is the primary reason that squad qualified for the U19 event. Countries outside of the US don't have the same luxury in having key players unavailable.

Reaction Score
Watched the game. Just focused on the freshmen. I really like what I saw from Q and KK. Both aggressive. Q has great shooting form with rhythm. Like to see her play against better defenses. I think both will get a lot of playing time.
Q is not afraid to shoot. Some freshmen, heck even non-freshmen, will defer to another player. Q is not that type of player, which is good and the type of player I like to watch or want on my team. KK is going to be nice. Same with Ashlynn. These freshmen, even Jana, are going to be fun to watch over the next four or five five years.

Reaction Score
I like what I saw, even if it was a scrimmage. I love the fact that they were pressing fullcourt. Getting that conditioning in and seeing who is going to be aggressive or lay back in the weeds. I like the look of the freshmen players and Ice. Great game and hopefully no serious bumps.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Finally got to watch it. Thanks @HuskyNan. I saw no sign of any injury to Caroline though it could have occurred off camera. The camera work wasn’t stellar :D The game itself was ragged on both sides. We looked a bit more practiced but it felt like something halfway between an IM game and scrimmage.

The freshmen entered the game very early, maybe 4-5 mins in. Caroline hit a couple smooth corner 3s. The veterans came in and out. Azzi was cold in the first half and then hit everything in the second. If Geno hadn’t taken her out she’d have scored 100.

KK and Ashlynn entered the game early and are pure energy. KK is hard to stop. Ashlynn has a smooth pull-up jumper and is an absolute ball hawk. Qadence is the very definition of smooth, as a shooter a rebounder and driver. But she also sometimes does this gangly run swinging her arms. It’s very charming. And Qadence can definitely get out in the break rather like Aubrey.

All the smooth around the rim moves Aaliyah developed by her junior year, Ice has those now.

Inês played about 10-15 mins. She looked good, active running the floor, good passes and sharp D.

Aubrey was everywhere when she turned it on. It would have been cruel to play her the whole game, just like Azzi and Caroline Nika and Aaliyah.

Finally, I didn’t see any injuries to anyone. Maybe something occurred off camera, but I have no idea where this rumor is coming from.
I watched the game earlier this morning. I concur with your assessment. Not throwing any shade or criticism, but UConn finished with 113 points. They should have had 130. They missed a lot of bunnies and open uncontested shots. This was their first game as a new team. A lot of nerves and tight stomach’s were on hand to be sure.

I’m so glad the game was made available to us. It was nice to see for ourselves the actions that were being reported. Box scores tell a story, but not the whole story. I expect for everyone to settle down now that the first game is behind them.

It was nice to finally get to see Ice Brady after having to wait a year. The more this team practices and learns about each other’s strengths and weaknesses, the better they will play. It’s called chemistry. Right now they don’t have any, but they will come March. It will be nice to watch a live feed of the game tomorrow instead of having to wait an extra day. Thank you to whoever made that happen. Enjoy your day everyone. :)

Reaction Score
Finally a game to watch! It looked to me like Azzi had to have had 40ish points (actually 38) but I was shocked to see Qadence only had 14. That girl can shoot and looked like a player. KK showed she can be the point. A few years ago Geno was worried because he thought he had no shooters. Problem solved! Everyone who played contributed and looked good. I was surprised that Azzi seemed to play a lot and Nike a little. I would have expected to see more Nika time. Other than Azzi I was most pleased with what I saw from Q. She will play a lot.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that the man in the white shirt next to Nika is the male coach. He has been in some of the practice videos that have been released to the public, his name is Ben Kantor.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No, thats Darko Muhl. Nika has both of her parents next to her.
Thanks, he does look a little like Kantor, but is a little more on the heavier side than the Asst Coach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Azzi's 3s:

On most of those the defender is late and Azzi makes them pay. On one play the smaller defender is right there and Azzi just shoots over the top of her. The defender turns around to watch it go in and throws her hands in the air as if to say what more could I do?

Reaction Score
Just watched the game. It was a blowout not because UConn played so well but because Croatia played worse than the very worst of the BE.

Not a lot can be learned from this game, but it was fun to watch the freshmen. KK can handle the ball, and she made some good passes. I hope she can do that against real competition. I feel hopeful. Q shot well in this context. Impressed with her form. I like Ashlynn’s intensity.

Azzi is one of the great shooters today at any level, college or pro, men’s or women’s, so it’s no surprise she had 38 points. I was disappointed Nika played so little. She shot a 3 that missed the rim (so did KK), but maybe she was not feeling well.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
1st impressions:

ines looks composed, comfortable and energetic. seems like she knows she belongs with the vets. seems to follow nika's iteration of d.

Q: liked her energy and confidence and her commitment to d. seems to be an aggressive scorer (hurray!)

otherwise, good to see the action, but not much else noteworthy for me. croats not very good, esp on the glass. not a challenge (as expected).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom