Croatia, pictures and game results (merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Croatia, pictures and game results (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just watched the game. It was a blowout not because UConn played so well but because Croatia played worse than the very worst of the BE.

Not a lot can be learned from this game, but it was fun to watch the freshmen. KK can handle the ball, and she made some good passes. I hope she can do that against real competition. I feel hopeful. Q shot well in this context. Impressed with her form. I like Ashlynn’s intensity.

Azzi is one of the great shooters today at any level, college or pro, men’s or women’s, so it’s no surprise she had 38 points. I was disappointed Nika played so little. She shot a 3 that missed the rim (so did KK), but maybe she was not feeling well.
Years ago, Geno said he likes the European tours with big freshman classes so he can start building chemistry within the team. Since Ice is, for all practical purposes, a freshman, Geno has 4 new players to integrate into the team. This tour is more about becoming comfortable with, and learning to trust, new teammates than perfecting X’s and O’s

Reaction Score
Years ago, Geno said he likes the European tours with big freshman classes so he can start building chemistry within the team. Since Ice is, for all practical purposes, a freshman, Geno has 4 new players to integrate into the team. This tour is more about becoming comfortable with, and learning to trust, new teammates than perfecting X’s and O’s
Got it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
And many of these kids wouldn't get to see these countries without this type of program.

Reaction Score
I’m sure playing for their country wasn’t meaningless to them.
I don't think you keep kids out of things because you are afraid they might get hurt. My priority would be to make sure we (UCONN) isn't doing something in the weight training that is contributing to the injuries. To me the injuries are odd because they seem to be more non contact injuries which would at least make them more explainable. But I agree 100% with your opinion on the importance of playing for your country.

Reaction Score
Finally, some actual information about Caroline. She was indeed hit with a basketball. Nothing else has been released. We'll just have to wait and see if she plays in today's game to see if it was serious.

Reaction Score
On most of those the defender is late and Azzi makes them pay. On one play the smaller defender is right there and Azzi just shoots over the top of her. The defender turns around to watch it go in and throws her hands in the air as if to say what more could I do?
Not to mention the reaction from the Croatian players on the bench and
the H.C. of Croatia going from standing up to just sitting down and watching!!!

Reaction Score
1st impressions:

ines looks composed, comfortable and energetic. seems like she knows she belongs with the vets. seems to follow nika's iteration of d.

Q: liked her energy and confidence and her commitment to d. seems to be an aggressive scorer (hurray!)

otherwise, good to see the action, but not much else noteworthy for me. croats not very good, esp on the glass. not a challenge (as expected).
Ines is more in her element playing WBB for UCONN than she was playing
for the Portuguese U 20 team in the FIBA European Championship.!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Finally, some actual information about Caroline. She was indeed hit with a basketball. Nothing else has been released. We'll just have to wait and see if she plays in today's game to see if it was serious.

Caroline was on the bench in civvies for the Slovenia game. Caution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom