Croatia, pictures and game results (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Croatia, pictures and game results (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and for those who wanted a competitive game looks like you lost. For those who did not want a tough game, you got it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All I've got.

Azzi really hit it.

Statistical leaders​

Rebounds: 10 — Aaliyah Edwards
Assists: 6 — KK Arnold
Steals: 6 — Aubrey Griffin

Connoly the source.

Reaction Score

UConn women's basketball starts European tour with win in Croatia, Paige Bueckers won't play on trip​

For the first time since leaving for college three years ago, UConn women's basketball senior point guard Nika Mühl got to put on a Husky jersey and play a game live and in person in front of her family and close friends.

The Huskies put on a show for Mühl’s hometown crowd, defeating the Croatian All-Stars 113-37 Wednesday night in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. The win kicks off UConn’s slate of four total exhibition games across three different countries throughout its 10-day tour of Europe.

UConn announced prior to the game that star Paige Bueckers will not play in any of the team's games in Europe. Bueckers was cleared to return to all basketball activities last week after a year-long recovery from an ACL injury.

Azzi Fudd led all scorers in Croatia with 38 points (outscoring the whole Croatian All-Star team combined) followed by a double-double from Aaliyah Edwards of 17 points and 10 rebounds. Fudd went 14 of 25 from the floor, while Edwards shot 58.3%.

Freshmen Qadence Samuels (14 points) and KK Arnold (10 points, seven rebounds, six assists and three steals) also had impressive games, while Aubrey Griffin finished with 11 points, six rebounds, six steals and four assists.

Reaction Score
See the link tacked to the top of the board
Are you saying the game was available at that link today?

I checked out the link when you first posted it and there was no game available on it yet. I assumed it wouldn’t be accessible until tomorrow. But with everyone making obscure remarks to injuries I couldn’t help thinking people had somehow found a way to access it earlier.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you saying the game was available at that link today?

I checked out the link when you first posted it and there was no game available on it yet. I assumed it wouldn’t be accessible until tomorrow. But with everyone making obscure remarks to injuries I couldn’t help thinking people had somehow found a way to access it earlier.
There were posts on TwitterX by people at the game earlier in this thread. @UConnCat started posting them about post 25. An injury was referenced in post 39, posted by someone at the game

Reaction Score
There were posts on TwitterX by people at the game earlier in this thread. @UConnCat started posting them about post 25. An injury was referenced in post 39, posted by someone at the game
Thanks for the clarification. Now, to the heart of the matter: were there any actual injuries?

Reaction Score
I found this video really interesting. It's about the more unusual differences between the US & Croatia.
Then you can learn what the players are experiencing about some of the differences.
Maybe it will help folks figure out what makes Nika tick.

sun- - - I can't play either one of the videos!
Anybody else having the same problem?

Reaction Score
And fouls! LOL!

For the 5,230,463rd time, Nika.does.not.foul. ;)

It looks like everybody is having a great time. Nika must be bursting with pride as she shows her teammates around her hometown & country.

I hope Caroline being taken out of the game was just a precaution. She was having a good game prior to being hit.

Also Azzi Fudd has one of the smoothest shooting motions I've ever seen. It's like it is automatic although I know she's spent a lot of time developing it. Wow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wonder if they edited out Caroline getting hit by a ball as I did not see it. Not sure if she was on the bench. Thought I caught a glimpse of her but camera didn’t go that far down.

Reaction Score
Just watched the first ten minutes. Always fun to watch the team. Caroline was really playing well. She had some passes where I actually thought for a second she was Nika. I really liked the lineup they started. Nika, Azzi, CD, Aubrey, AE. I don't think that lineup ever started last season. As others noted I did not see the play Caroline got hit.

Reaction Score
No word on Ashlynn so far. Did she get to play?
I saw one report where she made some 2 pointers, but missed on her threes.
Maybe check the boxscore somewhere else on these "CROATIA" links?

Reaction Score
Watched the game. Just focused on the freshmen. I really like what I saw from Q and KK. Both aggressive. Q has great shooting form with rhythm. Like to see her play against better defenses. I think both will get a lot of playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom