Croatia, pictures and game results (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Croatia, pictures and game results (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder whether she actually gets hit in the head more than other people and, if so, why - style of play, i.e. cruising the court , including under the basket a lot (?), or if she is just incredibly unlucky, or we only take note of how often she gets hit because of her sensitivity to the outcome. Either way she continues to operate under a cloud of concern - how unfair life can be sometimes.
It's the last one. You could bump your arm 100 times in a day and never notice or think twice about it, but, if you hit your "funny bone" and your arm goes numb, you remember it.

Reaction Score
And somewhere Geno is off in a corner to himself grinning perpetually.....kinda like Batman's Joker.

A really good time for everyone after the game. Spirits will be high, and there will be smiles to go around the dinner table. Now the freshmen (and Ice) finally feel like they're part of the team. :cool: A 76-point margin of victory. :eek: Who can predict how much better the remaining teams on the UConn exhibition schedule will be? None of them are on UConn's level. But..................these are only exhibition games. Simply a vehicle for a visiting UConn team to showcase its glamour. UConn was able to put Nika in the best light possible in front of her family and friends. That's a good thing. :cool:
I know Arkansas had a similar start to their Europe trip but by the end they had some semi competitive games. One they win by 22 and the other they were only up 12 at the half.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you say CD was out, she's in some of the highlight clips

There's confusion based on someone who was tweeting during the game. They made the comment that Caroline was out for the entire game, when in fact it was actually the rest of the game after getting hit.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder whether she actually gets hit in the head more than other people and, if so, why - style of play, i.e. cruising the court , including under the basket a lot (?), or if she is just incredibly unlucky, or we only take note of how often she gets hit because of her sensitivity to the outcome. Either way she continues to operate under a cloud of concern - how unfair life can be sometimes.
Slow down there. Was anyone actually injured in this game?

I'm getting tired of the vague-posting that suggests injuries but doesn't give any actual information. I'm not talking about the kids who didn't play because they're still rehabbing from surgeries. It is simply too cruel for folks here to make some vague comment implying that someone has been injured after all the team has been through.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you say CD was out, she's in some of the highlight clips
Because she got hit in the head and only played 6 minutes. Looks like Ines did play but Nika only played 10 minutes which seems like a potential cause for concern.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow we will get to see them play. They aren't practicing at all on this trip. There is no game plan. They run basic stuff and the opposition is spotty but I'll probably re-watch the game twice tomorrow. Under the right circumstances a glass of water can seem like vintage champagne.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
OK, just loaded the UConn+ app to my roku lineup and I am ready to go. Tested it out and the Mens trip is on there now along with some nice videos including "The Standard". Really simple, looking forward to seeing our girls tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I believe it means that Caroline sat out the remainder of the game after getting hit on the head. The person with the handle A was present at the game and noted that Caroline was hit in the head in the first half. A was asked whether Caroline continued to play and S/He stated "she sat out the whole game."
Either way it's an incorrect statement!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nika only got 10 mins game time in her homecoming game?! Hopefully no injury there!

I'm wondering if things got out of hand so quickly they decided to go with Arnold a lot since she could use minutes with the others. KK did play a lot of minutes. Maybe Nika playing a lot wasn't a priority for her anyway. It seems like she's just thrilled to be in her home country with her family and friends.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow we will get to see them play. They aren't practicing at all on this trip. There is no game plan. They run basic stuff and the opposition is spotty but I'll probably re-watch the game twice tomorrow. Under the right circumstances a glass of water can seem like vintage champagne.
Did you watch the game today? If so where?

Reaction Score
Nika only got 10 mins game time in her homecoming game?! Hopefully no injury there!
Yes, I'm wondering too why Nika only received ten minutes of playing time in front of her family and friends...........I mean she's the reason they went to Croatia in the first place.........I certainly hope she didn't get injured.......

Reaction Score

I'm getting tired of the vague-posting that suggests injuries but doesn't give any actual information. I'm not talking about the kids who didn't play because they're still rehabbing from surgeries. It is simply too cruel for folks here to make some vague comment implying that someone has been injured after all the team has been through.
Who said anyone was injured ?Sometimes players are pulled as a precaution or concern.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Seems like KK was 'busy'.

Anyone find a box score...anywhere?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Caroline was hit in the head with a basketball during the game, she sat out the rest of the game after she got hit.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A (“is for Ashlynn” per A’s TwitterX account) may be a member of the Shade family. The men’s team had family members travel with them in Europe last week

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if things got out of hand so quickly they decided to go with Arnold a lot since she could use minutes with the others. KK did play a lot of minutes. Maybe Nika playing a lot wasn't a priority for her anyway. It seems like she's just thrilled to be in her home country with her family and friends.

Nika had 3 fouls so I guess they do call fouls in Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc