Creme's Preseason Top 25 2013-2014 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Creme's Preseason Top 25 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think the game at Maples was anomaly, even for you guys who didn't shoot the ball that well (61 pts at 37%). KML was the only one who had more than 10pts with 19.
UCONN not playing very well is supposed to help your cause? :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She's added bonus if Toni cannot play, which we didn't have this year. I'm just covering my bases, we'll have more depth, at the guard and forward positions.
You'll have more depth at every position. You'll have depth in the non-scholarship players position. You'll have depth in the watergirl position. You got freaking 19 players next year. :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Chiney is not national POY next year, I will quit watching bball.
Ooh. I think she's the leader, but she'll have competition. I could see different organizations picking different players.

Reaction Score
Well let's not forget to give a shout out to Marist. They lose their best player and some height to graduation, but I'm sure they'll have some 5-9 forward/guards who can shoot the lights out. Only question will be whether they can win a first round tournament game against a major conference foe. If so, they may reach the S16 and get lots of glory.

I hope so.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You don't think Stanford's D had anything to do it?
Well you were kinda making the point that Stanford had an off day and wouldn't next time. Then went on to say UCONN had an off day too, but don't think they'll be better next time too??

Reaction Score
Well you were kinda making the point that Stanford had an off day and wouldn't next time. Then went on to say UCONN had an off day too, but don't think they'll be better next time too??

yes, both teams will play better.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sooooo, again, how is this going to help make it a closer game?

More room for improvement for Stanford. More firepower being added. Count me among those who think UConn will win, but not by 20. It is the game I'm most worried about. Duke might be stronger on paper, but we seem to have their number. Not so much with the Cardinal.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
More room for improvement for Stanford. More firepower being added. Count me among those who think UConn will win, but not by 20. It is the game I'm most worried about. Duke might be stronger on paper, but we seem to have their number. Not so much with the Cardinal.
I think the fact this game will likely be early in the season is going to be problematic for Stanford. UConn will likely have more cohesion and chemistry early coming into the season than Stanford will. Later in the season may be a different story.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You'll have more depth at every position. You'll have depth in the non-scholarship players position. You'll have depth in the watergirl position. You got freaking 19 players next year. :eek:

I knew that SOMEONE would go and drag watergirl into this contretemps!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is Kokenis back? Don't recall if her health spelled the end of her career. Stanford is solid and brings in a better class than UCONN. But Stewie showed in the NCAA's that she's practically from another planet when it comes to hoops. I'd seriously not be surprised to see her average 22+ PPG and win NPOY over Sims, Ogwumike, and Thomas. But UCONN effectively adds Chong and Banks coming back from an injury. I think this Stanford team is just a bad matchup vs. UCONN. If Stef can limit Chiney in the game, I'm betting UCONN pretty much shuts everyone else down and wins something like 74-48. Obviously way early to make predictions, but I think next year's Duke team gives UCONN a much closer game...

Reaction Score

We might not have dominated Stanford like we have Duke but I'd say beating beating them by 30+ on their home court would indicate having their number considering the current personnel on both teams.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
We might not have dominated Stanford like we have Duke but I'd say beating beating them by 30+ on their home court would indicate having their number considering the current personnel on both teams.

I know that was quite a result, but sometimes things cascade. We've had other closer games and losses to the Cardinal more recently, so I see that result as an anomaly. I don't think we've lost to Duke since 2006, and that is ancient history, no players in common, not even the coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tara is working on a game plan for Stewie right now. But we have Stef, Bria, Kaleena, Morgan, Moriah, et al., as well.

Reaction Score
If Maryland is healthy, they should be ranked second. Alyssa Thomas is a better player than anyone on either Duke or Tennessee. With the returning players, including those from injury, Maryland will be tough. Notre Dame is not falling to ten. Notre Dame will be five. Sylvia Hatchell hasn't proven lately that she can improve her players; otherwise, they'd be in the Final Four. Can't say I agree with the top ten. For the Stanford fan who wants to play Stanford and show us how good your team is, you're at our place next year. With Stef, Bria, KML, Bre and MoJeff, with Morgan, Brianna, Kiah and Saniya good luck with that.

Reaction Score
How funny, I was just reading this, and couldn't believe it hadn't been posted, was just about to but you beat me to it.

First thoughts.

UNC will be there or higher a year later, but I wonder if the frosh will be that much of an imapct this fast.

Is KY that good without A'dia?

I think Dayton might be a few places higher

NE top ten? Let's see, but that sounds a stretch.

I'd put Louisville a little higher. Reid is a loss, but they get a lot back.

NE returns everyone except one, most notably Hooper from a sweet 16 team. Who in Big10 will be better?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Maryland is healthy, they should be ranked second. Alyssa Thomas is a better player than anyone on either Duke or Tennessee. With the returning players, including those from injury, Maryland will be tough. Notre Dame is not falling to ten. Notre Dame will be five. Sylvia Hatchell hasn't proven lately that she can improve her players; otherwise, they'd be in the Final Four. Can't say I agree with the top ten. For the Stanford fan who wants to play Stanford and show us how good your team is, you're at our place next year. With Stef, Bria, KML, Bre and MoJeff, with Morgan, Brianna, Kiah and Saniya good luck with that.

No way should Maryland be ahead of Duke.. none. They are gonna rely on a starting backcourt that are both coming off of ACLs ?? Plus the PG Mosely... isnt all that experienced anyway. I'll take Gray and Jones over any guards that Maryland will throw out. Thomas is a good player.... but Gray pretty much handled her on defense in the matchup in Durham. Thomas really didnt do much in the rematch in College Park. Maryland wont beat Duke this next year. Ok.. even if you have Thomas as better than any player for Duke.... Gray, Jones, Peters, EW, and Liston are all better than the next best MD player.

Whew.. got me all riled up... lemme go eat some chicken wings and bruschetta and calm down a bit :)

Reaction Score
Is Kokenis back? Don't recall if her health spelled the end of her career. Stanford is solid and brings in a better class than UCONN. But Stewie showed in the NCAA's that she's practically from another planet when it comes to hoops. I'd seriously not be surprised to see her average 22+ PPG and win NPOY over Sims, Ogwumike, and Thomas. But UCONN effectively adds Chong and Banks coming back from an injury. I think this Stanford team is just a bad matchup vs. UCONN. If Stef can limit Chiney in the game, I'm betting UCONN pretty much shuts everyone else down and wins something like 74-48. Obviously way early to make predictions, but I think next year's Duke team gives UCONN a much closer game...

Potentially.

If a soph wins the award over Chiney, a Sr. .... :mad: You do know that Chiney averages 22 ppg and will obliterate the P12 rebounding record? Steph will not limit Chiney again, even though Chiney had 18pts.

Reaction Score

that's why we play the game.

Reaction Score
I know that was quite a result, but sometimes things cascade. We've had other closer games and losses to the Cardinal more recently, so I see that result as an anomaly. I don't think we've lost to Duke since 2006, and that is ancient history, no players in common, not even the coach.

agree. Our game showed how much we missed Nneka, who SHOULD have been POY.

Reaction Score
Tara is working on a game plan for Stewie right now. But we have Stef, Bria, Kaleena, Morgan, Moriah, et al., as well.

well, her game plan vs. Maya, et al, worked well at Maples two years ago.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can't see anyone other than Chiney or Odysessy winning NPOY next year. Mainly because their team goes as far as they carry them, they are more vital to their team and have proven they can play a whole season at the highest level.

Alyssa Thomas may be a phenomenal athlete and player but she had a really difficult season even before half her team got injured. I've read hear before about Thomas' inability to actually make an huge impact in a big-time game against the UCONN's and Baylor's of seasons past.

I definitely think Breanna Stewart has the ability to be a NPOY and I think she was phenomenal in the post-season but it really seemed like Geno or someone or something had to light the fire for Breanna to play so out-worldly for those games. I feel like for Maya, losing in the Final Four her freshmen year pushed her to elevate her game even more and play like the great player she is. I feel like it may be harder for Breanna to play consistently well throughout her sophomore year because she's won it all already and Geno is going to be even tougher on her to perform consistently because of what she has proven.

I'd be very happy for Breanna to prove me wrong and have an NPOY season but as I see it now Chiney had a phenomenal season and will only get better after losing in the Sweet Sixteen this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom