Creighton forum talking UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I read /r/collegebasketball quite often, and there are definitely some pretty insufferable UConn fans on there right now. They are making the rest of us look (a) bad, and (b) like we've never been here before.

nailed it
What's the average age of those fans? It's been 8.5 long years since we tasted success.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
i really, really enjoy reading the other BE teams' message boards when uconn is playing like this. there has been some extensive uconn talk on the providence board as well, although there is a lot more "why did we ever let this team back in the big east? type stuff over there:

""why did we ever let this team back in the big east?" type stuff over there:

Response:

We planned it all along to be your worst nightmare. 10 DEEP Hungry huskies with hockey style team rotations of bigs, 3 pt shooters and defensive ballhawks. All the better to run you out of the building and make you dread even being on the floor with us.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’ll submit without solicitation that I am not a Pats fan and am indeed interested about how we suck so badly

Wonder how many of our crummier fans went to UConn

We dont "suck so badly" overall....... Ive met a plethora of beautiful UConn fans through the years, more than most. Its just board posters. (not just here, but everywhere) .... As soon as we sniff success (in a generality) we want the world to bow at our knees; IMMEDIATELY. Maybe its my old age, but even when I was younger I was content to let this stuff play out and woof when it counted. And luckily as a UConn fan during the golden era I was afforded that opportunity to woof when it counted, more than anyone should ever be allowed.

As far as your wonder about the talkers as a percentage of Alums, hard to get a gauge on that, but I see your insinuation, and it may have merit.

Reaction Score
We dont "suck so badly" overall....... Ive met a plethora of beautiful UConn fans through the years, more than most. Its just board posters. (not just here, but everywhere) .... As soon as we sniff success (in a generality) we want the world to bow at our knees; IMMEDIATELY. Maybe its my old age, but even when I was younger I was content to let this stuff play out and woof when it counted. And luckily as a UConn fan during the golden era I was afforded that opportunity to woof when it counted, more than anyone should ever be allowed.

As far as your wonder about the talkers as a percentage of Alums, hard to get a gauge on that, butI see your insinuation, and it may have merit.
I think your initial Pats fan question has merit. I can see them contributing significantly to the “bow to us” mentality. Brady/Belichick really poisoned their minds

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
nailed it
So you're stigmatizing the rest of us because of the 8 yr olds that post on that forum and act like they never been there before when in fact they never been there before. Go eat ketchup on a turkey sandwich!

Edit: Dang. Someone ruined this for me by asking you a serious average age question. I'll take back the ketchup part.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We may get angry about losses, but I think we've been pretty complimentary of the way Creighton has out game-planned and out executed UConn for the last few match-ups. Problem is we tend to get cocky a little more quickly than some fan bases. Winning championships has nothing to do with the team you have now. No matter what sport.

Fortunately, this year the team really is the real deal.

Edit: I didn't see what @August_West posted, but I think I'm trying to say about the same thing.

Reaction Score

As far as your wonder about the talkers as a percentage of Alums, hard to get a gauge on that, but I see your insinuation, and it may have merit.
It's nice having the trolls back here and elsewhere. Time to break out those thick skins.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Midwest nice is real, it was actually pretty jarring moving out here from the East Coast. People are generally just really pleasant to each other and it's fairly easy to strike up conversation and make new friends.

Only difference down south and Midwest is they don’t say things to your face. They talk about you behind your back and you become the hot gossip going around in small town America.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Only difference down south and Midwest is they don’t say things to your face. They talk about you behind your back and you become the hot gossip going around in small town America.

Plus people in both areas tend to be dumber on the whole with no higher education and tragic average IQ's per state. Bless their hearts though.

;-)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
These regional cliches are only partially correct. But then again I’m less hooked on mannerisms than depth in people.

And I find every region has the same distribution curve of good and bad but the manner which they present it might be different.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
These regional cliches are only partially correct. But then again I’m less hooked on mannerisms than depth in people.

And I find every region has the same distribution curve of good and bad but the manner which they present it might be different.
This. Any regional variance is largely overstated. People move around so much more now. There's good and bad folks everywhere. California was the least friendly place I've lived, but I think it's down to there just being so many people. Indifference was common.

Reaction Score
This. Any regional variance is largely overstated. People move around so much more now. There's good and bad folks everywhere. California was the least friendly place I've lived, but I think it's down to there just being so many people. Indifference was common.
IMO it’s tied more to population density than area of the country. Any urban area, the people around you aren’t even going to notice you. Any rural area, everyone is going to be up in everyone else’s business.

Reaction Score
Midwest nice is real, it was actually pretty jarring moving out here from the East Coast. People are generally just really pleasant to each other and it's fairly easy to strike up conversation and make new friends.

Funny, wife is from Manhattan, the real Manhattan, not that one in Kansas, we were living in Manhattan and we moved to KC for 5 years and her feeling is Midwest nice is BS, everyone knows each other because nobody ever moves away - it's like people go college and back home and remake high school they are all just a little bit older, plus she found the people the superficial - the type of folks that are nice to your face and not nice when you're not there. She thought what a bunch of unemotional drones. She wanted to leave after 6 months.

I don't care about nice, I'd rather have kind people every single time - NYC/Boston/Philly - not nice, but kind as all get out, but I'm from the northeast so I'm used to it that sensibility. I do kind of agree with her on some of her feelings about the midwest, but there are good and bad folks everywhere.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Had a semi annual service for our heating and cooling system with a tech this morning who describes himself as a redneck intellectual. He sounded a lot like many of the western NC people I’ve met. He’s far brighter and more intellectually deep than first impressions of his linguistic cadence (from a NE perspective) would imply.

He’s about as broad minded individual I’ve met in my 72 plus years. But he is not unique to this area.

Several of the people (I’ll say folk) that were born and raised here have treated my wife and I really nicely. Done their best to help without raking us.

And yes there are some individuals who I’ve had the unfortunate opportunity to come across who you know would hurt anyone.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed in our boards NEED to be #1 most recently as well as the question of “what will be the next close game” thread. That’s complete arrogance rather than just letting the year happen as it may. Love confidence in our team but the assumption we’re going to kick everyones ass is not a good thing.

Again, these guys are really good but there’s others too. Let’s watch it play out!!!

Reaction Score
I was disappointed in our boards NEED to be #1 most recently as well as the question of “what will be the next close game” thread. That’s complete arrogance rather than just letting the year happen as it may. Love confidence in our team but the assumption we’re going to kick everyones ass is not a good thing.

Again, these guys are really good but there’s others too. Let’s watch it play out!!!
Agree 100%. Kept thinking, I don't remember it being like this when we were good. I feel like a lot of people (posters) came out of the woods work in the last 3 weeks and we all need to slow down and enjoy the ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom