Creighton forum talking UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The generalization of people from different regions being real nice, fake nice, kind, fake kind, tell it like it is, etc. has always been dumb.

For my money the two most obnoxious fanbases are ours and Syracuse - not even sure who I'd put as 3.
Uh.... Duke and Kentucky are 1 and 1a on my list...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don't agree. History matters. It weighs on teams. Teams are more than the current players or even management. They are entities.

Look how hard it was for the Red Sox to break the curse and how the championships have flowed ever since.
It helps recruiting and helps create a fan base. But the truth is the fact that the Yankees won a lot of WS will never have any impact on how a given year's team performs. It's the same with UConn. We aren't better in 2022-23 because we won in 1999.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Love confidence in our team but the assumption we’re going to kick everyones ass is not a good thing.
This should be a very fun year. The enthusiasm around here is palpable.

But while it is important that the team doesn't become overconfident...

Posters here thinking that we will be undefeated this year....neither good nor bad. It doesn't effect the play on the floor

Reaction Score
I look at the schedule and I'm sure we can win every game this season. But as each game approaches, I worry we might lose this one. Except LIU I didn't worry about LIU.
During the game, I worry until we're leading by twice as many points as there are minutes left in the game. And when it's over, I look at the remaining schedule, and thing yeah, we should win all f these.
So this minutes left vs. Points thing....
It sounds good when you're up 20 with 10 min. to go or up 10 with 5 to go. But what about up 2 with a minute to go?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Misses the point. It's not about the commonwealth in toto. It's about Pittsburgh. Everyone considers Philly as northeast, but consensus on Pittsburgh is very mixed.
That's fair. Ohio is the midwest. That article is interesting. I never considered Minnesota or the Dakotas the Midwest. I connect them with Montana and Wyoming in that upper plains states category. Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska I consider the midwest, along with the three I states and Ohio and Michigan.

More follow up to the original. Note that Missouri people consider themselves midwesterners, not southerners. But like Pittsburgh, I wonder if Springfield, MO would agree.

Reaction Score
That's fair. Ohio is the midwest. That article is interesting. I never considered Minnesota or the Dakotas the Midwest. I connect them with Montana and Wyoming in that upper plains states category. Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska I consider the midwest, along with the three I states and Ohio and Michigan.

More follow up to the original. Note that Missouri people consider themselves midwesterners, not southerners. But like Pittsburgh, I wonder if Springfield, MO would agree.
Minnesota and Wisconsin are about as Midwest as it gets.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Have had multiple interactions with family members(through marriage) who are natives of Wisconsin.. They would be highly offended if you said they were anything other than Midwesterners. Trust me on that.

My whole Dads side of family is from Minnesota. I spent all my summers as kid there. Same.

Reaction Score
Lived in Illinois which extends much further south than people realize. That is definitely midwest and so is Missouri.

Reaction Score
Misses the point. It's not about the commonwealth in toto. It's about Pittsburgh. Everyone considers Philly as northeast, but consensus on Pittsburgh is very mixed.

Any UConn bars in Pitt? Probably not but I'll be there for a few weeks over the holidays and need to escape my in-laws and watch the Nova game somewhere.

Reaction Score
Agreed. The South and Midwest are cleaner, the people are much friendlier and polite. They also don’t mock and insult other people like people in the NE do
Disagree. People in the south and midwest might be nicer to your face but they will talk about you the moment you turn around. It's a fake niceness. There's more BS. In the NE there's no BS. I llived in Virgnia nad have family in Georgia, SC, and Louisiana. Down there all the time.

Reaction Score
Disagree. People in the south and midwest might be nicer to your face but they will talk about you the moment you turn around. It's a fake niceness. There's more BS. In the NE there's no BS. I llived in Virgnia nad have family in Georgia, SC, and Louisiana. Down there all the time.
None of those places are in the Midwest.

Reaction Score
None of those places are in the Midwest.
Yep, you would be correct on that one, but I'll throw the midwest in that same boat, based on my experiences. Nice to your face.

Reaction Score
I agree that southern hospitality is a mile wide and an inch deep.

But the people in the midwest are genuinely nicer.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
In the NE there's no BS.
as if. nyc is the capitol of nonstop bs. 24/7/365.

Reaction Score
Any UConn bars in Pitt? Probably not but I'll be there for a few weeks over the holidays and need to escape my in-laws and watch the Nova game somewhere.
Pittsburgh is a fun city and the people are great. Lots of restaurants and bars. Been there in the summer a couple of times and took in some baseball games. Very scenic city.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Which ones would you most want to date?
I travel work a ton, I know I'm at the right gate to fly into Bradley from wherever I am when I look at the people sitting at gate and say to myself "ugh" . I truly don't need gate number any longer.

I still love living in CT though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I travel work a ton, I know I'm at the right gate to fly into Bradley from wherever I am when I look at the people sitting at gate and say to myself "ugh" . I truly don't need gate number any longer.

I still love living in CT though.
I know many have nothing but negative to talk about CT, and many try to get out as soon as they can. I only lived in CT for my four years at UConn, and essentially never went beyond a ten-mile radius from campus. My out of state brethren and I would always joke about how much CT sucks.

Well, I left the northeast just over 7 years ago now. I met a girl out here in SD with family in Cheshire. We are going to move back some time next summer/fall. Frankly, we miss all the New England things we see people doing on Instagram and such.

Why do people still mostly seem like they can’t stand living in CT? Why is it you still love it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom