COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 20 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My experience has been the opposite. Ofvthev40 or so friends/family members that have gotten either only about 5 or 6 have only had a sore arm after the second, most have had other symptoms of varying degrees. The age ranges are 30's to 60's.

Same. My sister had flu like symptoms for 3 days. If you look at VAERs there are an awful lot of people with significant symptoms. I’m not expecting anything less. Hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
Same. My sister had flu like symptoms for 3 days. If you look at VAERs there are an awful lot of people with significant symptoms. I’m not expecting anything less. Hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.
Hope you are also - I had Pfizer - fever, chills, headache, fatigue from about 13 hours to 36 hours. My arm has never been that sore from any other vaccine. Canceled golf with my son 3 days after shot because I couldn't lift my arm.
But we'll worth it for the piece of mind!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
46D7B010-C2FE-4CE2-9A00-A2C6BFE351DE.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Anyone could schedule an appointment for this afternoon if they wanted a vaccine. The state is wide open at this point. I think some of the bigger clinics are already downsizing, and I have to imagine they will be shutting down the Rentschler runway soon because it is really expensive to run that and people can get a vaccine at their local Stop and Shop at this point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone could schedule an appointment for this afternoon if they wanted a vaccine. The state is wide open at this point. I think some of the bigger clinics are already downsizing, and I have to imagine they will be shutting down the Rentschler runway soon because it is really expensive to run that and people can get a vaccine at their local Stop and Shop at this point.

I think you’re right. I think leave them open to walk-in traffic to get the people who did not want to fuss with dealing with the issue of making appointment.

And then get a ton of vaccines to individual doctors’ offices and pharmacies where people are used to getting their shots.

Reaction Score
Had my second Pfizer at 1 pm yesterday. Was fine most of the day but woke up at 1 am and WOW. 102.4 fever, shaking uncontrollably, terrible body aches, pounding headache and couldn’t get back to sleep bc of how uncomfortable I am/was. Extra strength Tylenol and now fever and chills are gone, but still massively sore and extremely fatigued. I have a history of covid bc I had it last spring, and I asked the nurse if that may play a part in how I may feel before I got my second dose (never doubted to get it obv) and she said it might and that’s what they’re finding. Hoping I’ll feel better later, but this is a good excuse for a 4 day weekend...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Had my second Pfizer at 1 pm yesterday. Was fine most of the day but woke up at 1 am and WOW. 102.4 fever, shaking uncontrollably, terrible body aches, pounding headache and couldn’t get back to sleep bc of how uncomfortable I am/was. Extra strength Tylenol and now fever and chills are gone, but still massively sore and extremely fatigued. I have a history of covid bc I had it last spring, and I asked the nurse if that may play a part in how I may feel before I got my second dose (never doubted to get it obv) and she said it might and that’s what they’re finding. Hoping I’ll feel better later, but this is a good excuse for a 4 day weekend...

I mean if you already have Fri-Sun off, spiking a 102.4 on Thursday for 12-20 hours is a respectable way to start the weekend.

Reaction Score
I mean if you already have Fri-Sun off, spiking a 102.4 on Thursday for 12-20 hours is a respectable way to start the weekend.
Yea def. Just took it and down to 100, so it’s getting better. Hopefully I’ll be back to 100% (no pun there intended) by Sat.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yea def. Just took it and down to 100, so it’s getting better. Hopefully I’ll be back to 100% (no pun there intended) by Sat.
You're setting up for a nice happy hour this afternoon to start the weekend.

Well played.

The lessons for vaccine noobs is get jabbed on a Wednesday.

Reaction Score
You're setting up for a nice happy hour this afternoon to start the weekend.

Well played.

The lessons for vaccine noobs is get jabbed on a Wednesday.
Absolutely. If you are able to take two days off and give yourself a four day weekend but feel fine by Friday night (hopefully, ha), it’s a no brainer!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think you’re right. I think leave them open to walk-in traffic to get the people who did not want to fuss with dealing with the issue of making appointment.

And then get a ton of vaccines to individual doctors’ offices and pharmacies where people are used to getting their shots.

The days of 1,500 people getting vaccinated per day at a single location are over. Anyone that wants could walk into their local Price Chopper, Stop and Shop, or corner pharmacy and get a shot at this point.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hartford Healthcare to shut down their clinics, because they are running some big ones at venues that must be pretty expensive, like the Oakdale and Hartford Convention Center. Doesn't make sense to do that for 50 walk ins a day.

Vaccine Locations | Hartford HealthCare

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The days of 1,500 people getting vaccinated per day at a single location are over. Anyone that wants could walk into their local Price Chopper, Stop and Shop, or corner pharmacy and get a shot at this point.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hartford Healthcare to shut down their clinics, because they are running some big ones at venues that must be pretty expensive, like the Oakdale and Hartford Convention Center. Doesn't make sense to do that for 50 walk ins a day.

Massachusetts still doing 5000 a day at Gillette. But we are approaching the point of more supply than demand.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I moved my second shot up 2 days pretty easily, to a local pharmacy right by my work. The appointment is for 4:15, but I called and asked if I could come in a little earlier and they said that's no problem, that I might just have to wait a few minutes if they're giving someone a shot at that same time.

If you have an appointment for a first shot that's a few weeks away, or your second shot wasn't scheduled exactly 21/28 days after the first, it's pretty easy to reschedule your shot, so I would highly recommend doing that.

pj

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of

Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm.

I personally know two people, one family member and one friend, who have had severe reactions to the Moderna vaccine requiring hospitalization. One has an arteritis that renders her short of breath when she stands. The other is in the ICU with heart failure and pulmonary edema.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Disagree there.

My daughter just got her second at a fairgrounds manned by the National Guard.

Tents, shuttle buses, traffic control, the whole nine yards.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I personally know two people, one family member and one friend, who have had severe reactions to the Moderna vaccine requiring hospitalization. One has an arteritis that renders her short of breath when she stands. The other is in the ICU with heart failure and pulmonary edema.

I’m guessing you know two very sick people who just happened to have gotten a covid shot.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wow

CL82

Reaction Score
I got my second at a local park. I had my paperwork ready and they sent me to the front of the line. Jabbed me through the car window and sent me on my way. Timing is the key. Don’t go when the sheeple go.

Reaction Score
Update: Back to 100% as of yesterday by lunch. Roughly just under 48 hours of feeling crappy, well worth it.

Reaction Score
Woke up feeling crappy, about 16 hours after getting my second dose. Groggy, headache, achy/bones hurt. No real fever to this point

pj

Reaction Score
I’m guessing you know two very sick people who just happened to have gotten a covid shot.

Odd that they didn't think they were sick before the shots.

Reaction Score
After getting the vaccine I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a COVID long-hauler. To my knowledge I never had COVID.

In December I started having mild chest discomfort out of the blue and no other symptoms. It mostly felt like muscle spasms. I had just started exercising again and figured I overdid it getting back into bench pressing. I felt fine all of January with only intermittent chest pain. Doctors did an EKG and some blood work and said everything looked normal. Late January I had a brutal bout of fatigue that lasted for days, I barely left the couch. Some brain fog and cognitive issues crept in. The chest discomfort/sensations would disappear for days or weeks then come back for a few days. The severity of the brain fog varied. I had some weird headaches. On random days I'd have trouble exercising but I wouldn't call it shortness of breath. I felt very out of shape, but again I am out of shape and just returning to exercise, but I felt worse than other days I did cardio. Maybe that's what shortness of breath feels like? I've never had it.

Early April I had another bad stretch of fatigue, then got my first Pfizer shot and felt absolutely terrible for three days, then felt 100% normal for the first time since November. That lasted a couple of days then my other symptoms returned. The same thing just happened with my second shot on Thursday--I was feeling crappy for a while, then yesterday (the day after my shot) I felt amazing. Completely normal, no symptoms of any kind. I had no side effects from the second shot. It put into perspective just how awful I'd been feeling. I'd forgotten what normal felt like. Today, 48 hours after my shot, I felt a huge rush of fatigue and chest "fullness", for lack of a better term, came back. I feel like crap again. Been a blob on my couch since 11 AM. Not good.

Doing some quick research on it, it sounds like most people who have a strong reaction to the first shot were those who had COVID. Many long-haulers who've been struggling felt better, some almost cured, after the second shot. Also, to my surprise, many long-haulers were asymptomatic with their initial infection. Doctors have done quite a few tests on me over the last two months and on paper I'm completely healthy but this long-hauler stuff doesn't sound very good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom