COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 19 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Had 2nd Pfizer Monday morning. Zero side effects other than the sore arm at the shot location.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
First moderna yesterday. Had chills and a low grade fever last night. Woke up with the driest mouth ever even after ingesting a gallon of water yesterday. Arm is rather sore. 24 hours after the shot, arm is still tenderoni but otherwise i feel fine.

Reaction Score
FYI: There are hundreds of vaccination appointment spots still open at UConn Health starting as soon as tomorrow

Feel free to sign up if you haven't had a chance to schedule one yet!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FYI: There are hundreds of vaccination appointment spots still open at UConn Health starting as soon as tomorrow

Feel free to sign up if you haven't had a chance to schedule one yet!

We are at the inflection point of where there are more vaccines available than people who want them in many places.

Very close to no appts, just walk in.

Reaction Score
Have a 10:30 appointment saturday to get my second Pfizer dose and a 3 PM tee time.... so we'll see whether that was a good idea or not.

Reaction Score
Have a 10:30 appointment saturday to get my second Pfizer dose and a 3 PM tee time.... so we'll see whether that was a good idea or not.
You will be able to handle more than tee, by 3.

You will see.

Pfizer for most, has been pretty benign after the second shot. That was my experience and apparently the same for most of the BY'ers who have posted.

Reaction Score
You will be able to handle more than tee, by 3.

You will see.

Pfizer for most, has been pretty benign after the second shot. That was my experience and apparently the same for most of the BY'ers who have posted.
Not me, but effects didn't kick in toll.abpit 13 hours after 2nd shot - them aches, fever, chills, headache, fatigue and couldn't lift my a over my head for about 18 hours.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm reading about Johnson and Johnson having contaminated batches.

With what? Will those who got a vaccine from one of these batches be notified?

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm reading about Johnson and Johnson having contaminated batches.

With what? Will those who got a vaccine from one of these batches be notified?

None of the J&J from that production line has made it out of the plant.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The first 6-8 weeks was always going to be the hardest in determining those with greatest exposure vice those with worst outcomes if exposed. One way was to go after critical workforce first the othe was age based. Across the country I think there were justifiable reasons to go with either path.

We are at the tipping point this week or next where available vaccines will greatly exceed people coming in for vaccinations. It's going to be walk-in, no appointment necessary for most of the country.

Seems you are right.

Covid-19 Vaccine Supply Set to Outpace Demand - WSJ

Reaction Score
Got 2nd Moderna Thursday AM. Foggy for rest of the day but finished work. Felt kinda lousy and tired Friday but went to work (state employee). Starting to feel normal for me today. I did drink wine and beer though.

Reaction Score
Got my second Moderna at 5:30 yesterday afternoon. I felt fine until I woke up at 4:00 am freezing and shivering. I felt tired, had body aches, and was sniffly until about 9:00. Feel fine now.

Water helps. Lots and lots of water.
My daughter had the same result with Moderna after second shot. She had a 101 temp, fever and chills for a day. My wife and I have had one pfizer so we will see if the second dose is different in the reaction in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday around noon. So far today it’s just a sore arm and some reduced coordination, but the latter is probably because of the vodka.
I seem to have gotten lucky too. Second dose yesterday morning. A day and a half out and only side-effects are some slight arm soreness. Whew!

Reaction Score
Your experience is the norm.
There seems to be a lot of
Not with the folks I know. But a handful of them have had COVID before too, which seems to have exacerbated the issues.
Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm.

Reaction Score

Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm.
My experience has been the opposite. Ofvthev40 or so friends/family members that have gotten either only about 5 or 6 have only had a sore arm after the second, most have had other symptoms of varying degrees. The age ranges are 30's to 60's.

Reaction Score

Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm
It’s in the link that was posted. 47% with fatigue, 41% with headache, etc.

Reaction Score
It’s in the link that was posted. 47% with fatigue, 41% with headache, etc.
Wow then my experience is statistically very atypical. Unless people are lying to me! Lol. These experiences are from my 19 year old son to my 80+ year old parents. I don't think any of them had COVID but some of them have some health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom