COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 5 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am very offended by like 23 things in this thread and will ban everyone.

Day after, arm hurts, head hurts, everything hurts, but manageable.

Still pretty sure the vaccine is pure poison, but everyone should get it because why should the government only be allowed to track me?

Also, if I am abducted by the CIA for speaking out, please remember that a toddler can make a lobster roll and you should stop fetishizing stupid foods.

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t we know this information or was this so rushed that it’s like wait and see? In reading up on this topic ( NEVER thought I’d be researching any of this LOL) apparently vaccines are developed over like a 5 year + time with testing and trials over and over. But obviously the need outweighed the time for this vaccine so we will find out stuff in the months and years ahead as time passes. Do I have that part right?
No steps were skipped in making the vaccines

Reaction Score
I'm going to Miami in a month with a few friends. Hoping to get it shortly as I will be eligible tomorrow. Does anyone know if calling a few places towards the end of the day would increase my chances of getting a walk in appointment? There's gotta be a few scheduled appts that just don't show up, right?
My wife works at Charlotte Hungerford in Torrington. They have a list of pre-registered patients (or they did) to call in just such cases to avoid unused doses being thrown away.
My personal thought is that, with the opening up to ages 16 & over tomorrow, there will be a glut of vaccinations. Check with the vaccination site of your choice to get on the call list, but remember to cancel your original vaccination appointment after getting vaccinated to allow others the opportunity to get vaccinated.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I went ahead and booked through CVS for Saturday. No sense in waiting for tomorrow; keep refreshing and you will get an appointment.

Reaction Score
Pfizer claims 100% effectivness for 12-15 year olds. So will you give it your kids ?

My understanding of the trials in children is they're more looking at safety. The cohort here was ~1,500 per group I believe? There's already a lot of evidence that the mRNA vaccines work, so I think these will look more to show if it's safe to use.

If approved for 12+ that's another big step in the right direction. The vague "herd immunity" thresholds can be reached without <12.

Reaction Score
Is everyone getting it in their not-dominant arm? Has anyone done one in each? I got my first shot in my left and am wondering if there is any conventional wisdom about doing the same both times or mixing it up.
I personally wanted the non-dominant arm both times. New vaccine (rushed) so if some adverse side affect happened I'd still have my right arm.

The arm for me wasn't the problem, it was my reaction to the shot. Put me down for half a day (1st shot) and a full day (2nd shot). The arm healed in 24 hours.

Reaction Score
Here’s a good tip that I should’ve thought of myself. Take a camera phone picture of your Covid card when it’s filled out for your records. And send a copy to your doctors office.
If you are registered on VAMS you can save/print a pdf of your certificate. You can email it, print it and save it. I downloaded it to the cloud. The hard copy is in my desk, awaiting booster details before I laminate it.

Also by going to the web-link on VAMS the ctf can be recalled (on phone) if necessary to prove vaccination.

Reaction Score
Melanie Rosen, who works as a secretary in Long Island school district, tested positive after receiving her second dose of the Moderna vaccine

Melanie Rosen, who works as a secretary at the Hewlett-Woodmere school district in Long Island, New York, told Pix11 she tested positive after receiving her second dose of the Moderna vaccine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Melanie Rosen, who works as a secretary in Long Island school district, tested positive after receiving her second dose of the Moderna vaccine

Melanie Rosen, who works as a secretary at the Hewlett-Woodmere school district in Long Island, New York, told Pix11 she tested positive after receiving her second dose of the Moderna vaccine.

And she had mild symptoms, recovered and moved on in life.

That's the advantage of a vaccine.

Last edited:

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

Looking forward to reading more about this in "The Journal of Anecdotal Reports"

Reaction Score

90% efficacy for preventing symptomatic infection is not 100% so I don't understand why this would be in the news.

Reaction Score

Pfizer says Covid-19 vaccine protection lasts at least six months, protects against variants

I was hoping a little longer, but I would think that this is still an unknown, since the vaccine has not been in circulation that long. Never thought I would live in this situation in my lifetime.

Right, we just have to wait for the rolling updates on the trial participants for extension of the real numerical data on duration of protection. No apparent drop-off in numbers from 3-4 months to 6 months, so this is very encouraging, IMHO for useful protection out to at least a year. But only time will tell.

Reaction Score

Can you also post the articles from yesterday about people who won the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom