COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I may have to travel to get vaccinated or use the I'm fat excuse. They've opened up the vaccine to anyone over 16 in some counties in Illinois and Pritzker said every person over 16 in the state will have it available to them on April 12th. This has been revised to every resident in the state except for people from Chicago and there doesn't seem to be any date in sight.

I really want to get the vaccine and there's plenty of people all over the state who have it available to them who are refusing it. I don't want to skip anyone's place in line but I also don't think us Chicagoans who desperately want it should be last in line when the whole state is getting it and so many are refusing it. Have any boneyarders traveled outside their county/state to get the vaxx or used any other means to get the vaxx?
I'm eligible in Michigan and Ohio, couldn't get an appointment in Michigan where I live so I drove an hour away to Ohio and got my shot last week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Keep in mind when looking at the numbers. 95% for Moderna 78% for Johnson & Johnson blah blah blah. EVERY single vaccine including the much ridiculed Russian Sputnik V.... has shown to be 100% effective in preventing death. Which is the most important thing :’)

Put me in this category. I'm less concerned about the vaccines preventing any infection than I am concerned about it minimizing the effects of infection.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've been up in Alaska for a bit over a month for work.

Back in end of February I had to get a negative test to enter the state when I arrived at airport. Of course, none of the "screeners" being paid to screen did any screening. I"ll concede having a flight arrive at 1:30 in the morning due to delays may have sapped their motivation.
I noticed on their state health website, I'd be eligible to be vaccinated as Alaska imports seasonal labor for different industries. I had to make sure I got an appt for Pfizer as I wouldn't be around the four weeks to get a second Moderna.
Process to register online was a breeze. They were using a hockey arena as the vaccination site and it went smooth as could be. First screener verified you had an appt and you would be in the area for the second shot three weeks later. Next, get in line for shot. Vaccinator asked a few questions about allergies and stuff. Since I had no previous adverse reactions, I was given a laminated 15 minute card. Once I got the shot, they gave me a second card with the time of the shot and time I could leave.
While waiting in the reaction area, you could either use the QR code to set up the second appt yourself or they had volunteers/workers walking around with tablets to set up the appointment if you wanted help.
When you went to leave, you turned in your time card and they asked if you had a second appt set up.
Boom. Done. In and out in about 35 minutes total.
Getting second shot tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Back in end of February I had to get a negative test to enter the state when I arrived at airport. Of course, none of the "screeners" being paid to screen did any screening. I"ll concede having a flight arrive at 1:30 in the morning due to delays may have sapped their motivation.
I noticed on their state health website, I'd be eligible to be vaccinated as Alaska imports seasonal labor for different industries. I had to make sure I got an appt for Pfizer as I wouldn't be around the four weeks to get a second Moderna.
Process to register online was a breeze. They were using a hockey arena as the vaccination site and it went smooth as could be. First screener verified you had an appt and you would be in the area for the second shot three weeks later. Next, get in line for shot. Vaccinator asked a few questions about allergies and stuff. Since I had no previous adverse reactions, I was given a laminated 15 minute card. Once I got the shot, they gave me a second card with the time of the shot and time I could leave.
While waiting in the reaction area, you could either use the QR code to set up the second appt yourself or they had volunteers/workers walking around with tablets to set up the appointment if you wanted help.
When you went to leave, you turned in your time card and they asked if you had a second appt set up.
So did you miss out on the neighborhood prosciutto back home?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here’s a good tip that I should’ve thought of myself. Take a camera phone picture of your Covid card when it’s filled out for your records. And send a copy to your doctors office.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So did you miss out on the neighborhood prosciutto back home?
Why are you trying to get this thread deleted? Let's stay on topic. And yes, I missed out on it and have no idea where it met its final location. I think it was last seen somewhere around Super Bowl weekend.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think it was last seen somewhere around Super Bowl weekend.
Hmmm...I think you could be on to something...

Drunk Tom Brady GIF

Reaction Score

Way it should be. The Publix in Fl was even easier. When you book your first spot they automatically book your second appointment same location same time 4 weeks out.

Reaction Score
I was going to do this when I get my second shot, but the people where I got the first one said that I might want to hold off in case they add a booster (note that there are spots for additional shots to be noted on the card).
Down here where I got mine (Publix), they just add a sticker anyway. Should be OK.
Also, my daughter up in CT says her company is laminating cards for employees who get the vaccine.

Reaction Score
Gov. Ned Lamont announced on Monday afternoon that Connecticut’s hospital officials have agreed on five conditions that will qualify people for “accelerated access” to COVID-19 vaccinations, once vaccinations open to all residents on Thursday.

Connecticut’s five eligible conditions are:

sickle cell disease
end-stage renal disease, on dialysis
active cancer, in treatment
solid organ transplant
Down syndrome

The list does not include a number of conditions that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has deemed high-risk, such as obesity, smoking, pregnancy and heart conditions.

“Accelerated access” is not a separate eligibility phase. Instead, patients with one of the five conditions may be able to more easily schedule appointments or may have access to a fixed allocation of doses, depending on the specific vaccinator.

Although Lamont announced the concept of “accelerated access” earlier this month, the state was not involved in the decision-making process, the Courant reported last week. Instead, hospital officials worked together to develop the shortened list on the basis of three guiding principles, including that the conditions must cause increased risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19, be easily verifiable and affect a clear-cut set of patients.

The state has also not mandated that providers follow the list or the general idea of “accelerated access.” While the major hospitals such as Hartford HealthCare, Trinity Health of New England and Yale New Haven Health have agreed to the list, some other types of vaccine providers have already said that they will not be using it.

Even within the subset of providers who are using the list of conditions, the specifics of the “accelerated access” will vary, the Courant previously reported.

For instance, Trinity Health of New England has considered hosting separate clinics for patients with the listed conditions, while Yale New Haven Health plans to set aside some number of doses for those patients.

Reaction Score
Way it should be. The Publix in Fl was even easier. When you book your first spot they automatically book your second appointment same location same time 4 weeks out.

That’s how it’s been in CT, at least if you use the healthcare systems (YNHH or Hartford).

Reaction Score
I got one in each arm, Moderna. No side effects at all.
You're a lucky one... my son was sick for 1-2 days after his 2nd Moderna. Wife and I had both Pfizer, and she was very tired after 2nd one. I only noticed some upper arm soreness.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Now that NY State will be open to everyone 16+ starting next week, my daughter is excited to be eligible for a vaccine.
Cuomo really surprised us with the announcement yesterday - didn't think it would be before NJ.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My friend's brother in law is in the national guard and is involved in one of the vaccination clinics they're doing. He got me and a few of us appointments for April 6th. I got my appointment before I'm able to technically make an appointment, but don't feel too guilty since I'm eligible to get the vaccination as of that date (and was eligible for that date when the appointment was booked).

Reaction Score
My friend's brother in law is in the national guard and is involved in one of the vaccination clinics they're doing. He got me and a few of us appointments for April 6th. I got my appointment before I'm able to technically make an appointment, but don't feel too guilty since I'm eligible to get the vaccination as of that date (and was eligible for that date when the appointment was booked).

I know a lot of people are doing this now to beat the rush. Go on VAMS, say you're currently eligible so you can proceed, then schedule an appt for April 1 or later.

Reaction Score
Got mine today at Oakdale - Pfizer round 1.

Was scheduled to go to Mohegan on Friday through YNNH mychart - but then created a Hartford Health mychart yesterday and was able to get one for today.

Super easy - in and out. Non-dominant arm - and can't even tell I got it - no pain, no anything.

Reaction Score
In CT, I wouldn't hand-wring over the "accelerated access" health designations. I'm on all the weekly CT DPH planning calls. Over the next ~2 weeks, we are going to have plenty of vaccine to put in arms for anyone who wants a dose

If you are persistent in calling sites/checking online portals, you should be able to find an appointment within the next ~2 weeks without too much trouble.

FYI Tip: Many places are populating in new appointments in the early AM hours, later towards the ends of each week as they get official confirmations of how much vaccine they will be getting from the next week's Mon/Tues deliveries. Logging on at ~6am on Fridays may help you to find

Lots more access coming on line with more Pharmacies and the FEMA Van is ramping up & will be going all over the state over the next 60 days.

Don't be picky!!!! Take the 1st one you can get at this point. As already stated, they ALL prevent severe disease. And they ALL will provide some level of prevention of transmission, too. So far, only data available on Pfizer/Moderna (and pretty impressive data too), but I'd expect J&J/Janssen to do the same.

We need to get as many protected as fast as possible to stop a 4th wave!

And in all likelihood, you're going to have to get a booster/expanded variant booster within the next 6-12 months no matter which one you get. Make sure you're alive to get it!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I may have to travel to get vaccinated or use the I'm fat excuse. They've opened up the vaccine to anyone over 16 in some counties in Illinois and Pritzker said every person over 16 in the state will have it available to them on April 12th. This has been revised to every resident in the state except for people from Chicago and there doesn't seem to be any date in sight.

I really want to get the vaccine and there's plenty of people all over the state who have it available to them who are refusing it. I don't want to skip anyone's place in line but I also don't think us Chicagoans who desperately want it should be last in line when the whole state is getting it and so many are refusing it. Have any boneyarders traveled outside their county/state to get the vaxx or used any other means to get the vaxx?
I haven't, but I know a couple people near us and in a couple other areas who traveled to native american tribal communities. They's playing by by different rules than the states, and some had days where they opened clinics up to all adults weeks ago.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Hartford Healthcare just texted me and said they will arrange by text starting 4/1...no logins.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I haven't, but I know a couple people near us and in a couple other areas who traveled to native american tribal communities. They's playing by by different rules than the states, and some had days where they opened clinics up to all adults weeks ago.

It certainly would be interesting of Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun ran a come get Vax, stay, gamble, eat promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom