COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, have you waited your turn? Did you stretch the eligibility? Does it piss you off when others just plow ahead with a lie? It may not matter much now with so many states opening to everyone (not NJ, of course).
Yes, no, no. The more people that get shots the better. Even if I'm not one of them getting the shot right away, theoretically, I'm getting safer when more people do...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First shot today.....

I have amended my thoughts on it. They straight lied about the mild arm discomfort - I believe Moderna is just a mix of battery acid and Pop Rocks. And a microchip - my left arm pulls in FM radio now.

Right about the time the time you realize that your arm is going to fall off, the rest of you starts to feel like a pallet of bricks landed on you.

I believe I have been poisoned.

But the volunteers were really nice - ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ review on Yelp. (Took off one star for the poison.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, no, no. The more people that get shots the better. Even if I'm not one of them getting the shot right away, theoretically, I'm getting safer when more people do...

I confess I’m at least slightly annoyed at anybody who lied or gamed the system. The new research shows that 75% of all people hospitalized were overweight. It becomes easy to see how a place like Japan avoided a high death rate despite not locking down. Yet that factor hasn’t been given enough consideration in vaccine priority. So a lot of people at risk are still waiting.

Reaction Score
With so many variants of Covid does the vaccine protect against some or all?

I don't want it, for now, it seems like the virus is slowing down a bit.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I don't want it, for now, ut seems like the virus is slowing down a bit.

All.

You don’t want the vaccine or you don’t want the virus?

Reaction Score
Was listening to NPR today. They have found that between 40% and 50% of long haulers have seen their symptoms disappear after receiving the vaccine.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
First shot today.....

I have amended my thoughts on it. They straight lied about the mild arm discomfort - I believe Moderna is just a mix of battery acid and Pop Rocks. And a microchip - my left arm pulls in FM radio now.

Right about the time the time you realize that your arm is going to fall off, the rest of you starts to feel like a pallet of bricks landed on you.

But the volunteers were really nice - ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ review on Yelp. (Took off one star for the poison.)
So odd.....I got the same on Sunday and literally have had zero pain or discomfort

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
First shot today.....

whuh?

Reaction Score
First shot today.....

Do some light should exercise..it helps

Reaction Score
I confess I’m at least slightly annoyed at anybody who lied or gamed the system. The new research shows that 75% of all people hospitalized were overweight. It becomes easy to see how a place like Japan avoided a high death rate despite not locking down. Yet that factor hasn’t been given enough consideration in vaccine priority. So a lot of people at risk are still waiting.

Understood. Opinions on vax priorities are like noses, though, everyone has one....and somebody's bound to be po'd.
Should there be stricter enforcement in making people 'prove' they meet criteria?

Reaction Score
They’ve had a year to loose weight.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Finally got in line- Vax scheduled for Thursday morning - Moderna.

Reaction Score

I don't want it, for now, ut seems like the virus is slowing down a bit.
It is? Where do you live? Because in most places in the country it's going the other way.

Cases of the virus are up about 10% over the past week from the previous week, to about 60,000 cases per day, with both hospitalizations and deaths ticking up as well, Walensky said. She warned that without immediate action the U.S. could follow European countries into another spike in cases and suffer needless deaths.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It is? Where do you live? Because in most places in the country it's going the other way.

Cases of the virus are up about 10% over the past week from the previous week, to about 60,000 cases per day, with both hospitalizations and deaths ticking up as well, Walensky said. She warned that without immediate action the U.S. could follow European countries into another spike in cases and suffer needless deaths.

She also said that the data said that fully vaxxed people don't spread the virus in real world situations so... does this really matter at all? Needles in arms, only thing that matters.

Reaction Score
She also said that the data said that fully vaxxed people don't spread the virus in real world situations so... does this really matter at all? Needles in arms, only thing that matters.
I wa responding to B1GEast who said he didn't want the vaccine because the virus was slowing down a bit. So I asked him where he lives because around here it isn't.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
3 hours past second Pfizer shot.

On a side note Carlson Center in Fairbanks is hockey arena for Alaska Fairbanks hockey team.

Facility looks like it is a phenomenal hockey arena. Two levels of seating and seats are steep. Seems like it would definitely get loud quickly.

IMG_20210330_172257020~2.jpg

Reaction Score
Got 2nd dose of moderna yesterday.

First dose-sore arm, fever, aches, chills, sleeplessness....though all that stuff besides the sore arm didn't start until 24 hours after.
Not as bad as the first time, if they don't get worse than not a big deal.

I had covid in January.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Understood. Opinions on vax priorities are like noses, though, everyone has one....and somebody's bound to be po'd.
Should there be stricter enforcement in making people 'prove' they meet criteria?

No, I thought MA and NY were initially way too strict, and it slowed down the process. Putting healthcare workers first and first responders second was not really very smart. Many are young and healthy, so declined and the vaccine sat unused. A straight age, exposure and comorbidity approach made more sense. An overweight 53 year old bus driver should be top priority. High risk of hospitalization, high risk of exposure.

I'm eligible Monday it seems. Will start playing the appointment roulette game.

Reaction Score
Got 2nd dose of moderna yesterday.

First dose-sore arm, fever, aches, chills, sleeplessness....though all that stuff besides the sore arm didn't start until 24 hours after.
Not as bad as the first time, if they don't get worse than not a big deal.

I had covid in January.
That makes sense. From what I've read, the first dose has more adverse reactions if you had Covid. I received my first shot a few weeks ago and all I had was a sore arm for one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom