2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your identities are merging, and I don't like it. Leave the recruiting talk that implies you're involved in it to Chief.
As you know.. I am casual.. Just observe certain things.. Occasional tea leaf reader.. Simply responding to UCSouth..

I leave the analysis and speculation to others.. It is what it is..

Appreciate the fact that you've got my back..LOL

Reaction Score
Uh huh. No speculation here.
Connecting dots.. Was advised by my BY friends (early in my BY existence) to use qualifiers like IMO/My Two Cents preceding any of my comments so as to maintain my casual status and not appear to know anything..

Occasionally I forget to qualify my comments.. Will work on that for 2021..

But as The Four Tops would say .."Still waters run deep"..

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s a better shooter than Purvis was coming out of high school. I was surprised on tape by how well he shoots the ball. His arms are longer than Purvis’s which makes him more disruptive on defense. Purvis was much more explosive in transition. I like the comp though. Similar in more ways than not.

He does things well that Hurley looks for, teaches. For example he utilizes a jump stop. This is something Hurley has the team practice but you don’t see too much in game.

Don't know anything about him. But his comment about what UConn wants from him was telling. He doesn't seem allergic to defense.

I expect us to continue to prioritize multi-faceted big guards who are willing to play defense. It's hard to have too many players like that. I suspect that Dan is honest about that, and that prima donna 5 stars who just want to showcase their offense probably won't be coming to Storrs.

Reaction Score
He also was our whole team and played like 38 minutes a game. And honestly, he externally looked tired a lot, but really don’t think it showed in his play all that much.

And for Floyd, he honestly looks a lot more like a Purvis type player than B Adams. Just my hot take from watching 2 minutes of highlights

B adams did not have the offers that this kid does. That right there should tell us all we need to know.

C

Chief00

Connecting dots.. Was advised by my BY friends (early in my BY existence) to use qualifiers like IMO/My Two Cents preceding any of my comments so as to maintain my casual status and not appear to know anything..

Occasionally I forget to qualify my comments.. Will work on that for 2021..

But as The Four Tops would say .."Still waters run deep"..
@Grey Goose - Thanks for your contribution to this board and sharing your journey with us.

Reaction Score
Sorry to put this in this Corey Floyd thread. It isn't worth a new thread, but as I looked for recruiting tidbits on Floyd, I noticed a flurry of crystal balls for both Chet Holmgren AND Hunter Sallis to Gonzaga. That would settle the national championship for next year even if Mark Few had to play 2 on 5.

Reaction Score
If the conspiracy theories are wrong, than this schtick is a pretty funny trolling. Well done.

If the conspiracy theories are correct, it's still a pretty funny trolling, but it's also quite sad.
OK.. Monday Morning.. Get a Job is back at work..

Ponder this.. "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going.. Because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

Another one of Yogi's.. "There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell them."

For conspiracy theorists such as you.. "When you come to a fork in the road.. Take it."

All three of these Yogi-isms are appropriate for your musings..

Will close with this comment.. "You can observe a lot just by watching"..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the conspiracy theories are wrong, than this schtick is a pretty funny trolling. Well done.

If the conspiracy theories are correct, it's still a pretty funny trolling, but it's also quite sad.
Apparently you think I care about Chief's opinion.. Get a Job.. This is cyber space.. It's not real.. You're not real.. I'm not real.. It's all make believe..

Let's get a W tonight and some good news on the 14th.. That's real..

Reaction Score
Put me down in the "I would have loved to have seen a senior Adams with a coach who had pushed him to his limits from day 1 as a frosh" crowd.

When he committed I was 100% convinced that he would go down in the annals of UConn basketball as an all-time great, and on top of his talent and ability he had the reputation of a winner, a big game player.

He seems like a happy kid who's enjoying his life but, man, he did not come close to maximizing what he had when he was here. I am firmly in the "imagine what could have been if he played for this staff from day one" camp.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
When he committed I was 100% convinced that he would go down in the annals of UConn basketball as an all-time great, and on top of his talent and ability he had the reputation of a winner, a big game player.

He seems like a happy kid who's enjoying his life but, man, he did not come close to maximizing what he had when he was here. I am firmly in the "imagine what could have been if he played for this staff from day one" camp.
He was also so all UConn from day one of his commitment. I remember someone posting “is it just me or will Adams be our head coach in 20 years” because he was such a winner in HS and so vocal about supporting the program even before he was on campus.

Definitely in the 1a top tier of raw talents (ie, not Rudy, Drummond, etc, sure fire NBAer) as a freshman we’ve had.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

I love Adams and wish him all the best but he got a HUGE head while here which was detrimental to his development. People around campus know he was driving around in campus in brand new luxury cars wearing new gold chains, etc. there was like no one to keep his ego in check. It was wild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69