2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Adams and wish him all the best but he got a HUGE head. People around campus know he was driving around in campus in brand new luxury cars, with gold chains, etc. there was like no one to keep his ego in check. It was wild.

His head was always bigger than his game. All that luxury is on credit. He ain't making that much. He's a kid who grew up poor who doesn't know how to take care of his money like so many others.

Kid was our leader during the worst span of UConn basketball in decades. Our only winning record was when he came off the bench. Infuriating player--he didn't really ever improve.

He needed a mentor to show him hownto be a man, and the meaning of hard work.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love Adams and wish him all the best but he got a HUGE head while here which was detrimental to his development. People around campus know he was driving around in campus in brand new luxury cars wearing new gold chains, etc. there was like no one to keep his ego in check. It was wild.

You almost wish there were people employed in the athletic dept to help keep the ego in check.

Reaction Score
If the conspiracy theories are wrong, than this schtick is a pretty funny trolling. Well done.

If the conspiracy theories are correct, it's still a pretty funny trolling, but it's also quite sad.

Easy to figure out. Are they sending from the same IP address

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Easy to figure out. Are they sending from the same IP address

Wouldn't they be different if one was sent from a cell phone using cell phone data and the other was sent from a computer or different mobile device.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't they be different if one was sent from a cell phone using cell phone data and the other was sent from a computer or different mobile device.

Think he is that organized

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
His head was always bigger than his game. All that luxury is on credit. He ain't making that much. He's a kid who grew up poor who doesn't know how to take care of his money like so many others.

Kid was our leader during the worst span of UConn basketball in decades. Our only winning record was when he came off the bench. Infuriating player--he didn't really ever improve.

He needed a mentor to show him hownto be a man, and the meaning of hard work.

JA would be playing on an NBA team now with the hard work... I still hope he catches on as he showed
improved skills in the G-League. Off the court, Jalen was a really nice kid - always friendly and willing to get pictures taken with anybody. Most definitely!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You guys can't really be serious.. Can you?? Wow..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is a really nice young man if you get to know him
Driving around in fancy cars and wearing gold makes him to be twisted in some way? JSMH
It was unfortunate for him that he did not have, for many reasons beyond KO, a great supporting cast.
His talent is there - remember what he did in that tournament in Hawaii in 2016.
I can understand why some folks are down on him, and for some understandable reasons, but I've had the opportunity to get to know him and to me he is a good guy.

Back to Floyd Jr - two days away - does it still look like a UConn lean?

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is a really nice young man if you get to know him
Looks like he got called back to the Erie Bayhawks for a G league bubble in Orlando. Hope he plays well.
Back to Floyd Jr - two days away - does it still look like a UConn lean?
It seems to be that way. We got a Bossi CB.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As a freshman? Of course not.
I think he will because of his physical maturation and how good of a system fit he is for us. I imagine we’ll be running a ton of those staggered screens for him getting him going to the basket. He’s like a Dan Hurley create a player. I say we go three guard with CJ at the 2 and Hawk at the 3. Remember Hawk is reportedly 6’6 now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams had the unfortunate luck of sharing campus with about as negligent a head coach as has ever come down the pike.

Hard to get better when the coach has no interest in helping you.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams had the unfortunate luck of sharing campus with about as negligent a head coach as has ever come down the pike.

Hard to get better when the coach has no interest in helping you.

It's called a coach and we might as well not have had one his first 3 years.
Will the post divorce KO story ever be written? I think our beat writers know better but for some sports writer out there it would make for good journalism.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Will the post divorce KO story ever be written? I think our beat writers know better but for some sports writer out there it would make for good journalism.
Plot twist: he was actually incompetent from the beginning.

Reaction Score
There was one long article in the Courant. I'll see if I can find it. It had some specifics and it wasn't very flattering of Ollie.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Honestly, I am not sure that a think piece about a guy who kinda just stops working very hard would be that appealing.

Was this divorce related? Or a championship hangover? General exhaustion? A combination of all 3?

I don't get how a guy who made a name for himself by outworking the next guy, a trait he cultivated over decades, just decides to mail it in and get dollar oysters from Grant's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom