2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was one long article in the Courant. I'll see if I can find it. It had some specifics and it wasn't very flattering of Ollie.
I can't find it. Basically talked about how he had changed after the divorce and didn't trust people and became more distant to the people he worked with. And on 2nd thought, do we need to rehash this dirt? Especially in a thread about a new recruit we're hoping to get?

If I ever find the article (because now I'm frustrated I can't find it) I'll DM you with the article.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I’ve caught a few minutes of a couple Baylor games and Floyd’s build and athleticism reminds me of a few of their guys. Mitchell #45 looks like good comp from what CJ Floyd’s role could be on a good team(announcers were calling him that in a game I watched).

From the footage I’ve seen he’s a gritty, powerful guard, has a scoring touch and a plus defender, more of a combo guard in the same style as purvis and b adams with a higher ceiling(always).

I’m no scout so I won’t venture to breakdown his game too much(notice I only listed positives) but below are highlights of Davion Mitchell 6’2 out of Baylor against #5 ranked Illinois(at the time). Similar game, imo, to Floyd’s

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’ve caught a few minutes of a couple Baylor games and Floyd’s build and athleticism reminds me of a few of their guys. Mitchell #45 looks like good comp from what CJ Floyd’s role could be on a good team(announcers were calling him that in a game I watched).

From the footage I’ve seen he’s a gritty, powerful guard, has a scoring touch and a plus defender, more of a combo guard in the same style as purvis and b adams with a higher ceiling(always).

I’m no scout so I won’t venture to breakdown his game too much(notice I only listed positives) but below are highlights of Davion Mitchell 6’2 out of Baylor against #5 ranked Illinois(at the time). Similar game, imo, to Floyd’s

Good comp!

C

Chief00

His head was always bigger than his game. All that luxury is on credit. He ain't making that much. He's a kid who grew up poor who doesn't know how to take care of his money like so many others.

Kid was our leader during the worst span of UConn basketball in decades. Our only winning record was when he came off the bench. Infuriating player--he didn't really ever improve.

He needed a mentor to show him hownto be a man, and the meaning of hard work.
I am not disputing certain things but I always found him to be friendly and pleasant. One problem was he was not really a leader type when we needed one. He needed more structure than KO could supply and things were baked in by the time Danny arrived.

C

Chief00

I can't find it. Basically talked about how he had changed after the divorce and didn't trust people and became more distant to the people he worked with. And on 2nd thought, do we need to rehash this dirt? Especially in a thread about a new recruit we're hoping to get?

If I ever find the article (because now I'm frustrated I can't find it) I'll DM you with the article.
KO’s problem was the NBA Road KO became the @ Home KO.

C

Chief00

This thread got really weird, it turned into a Jalen Adams thread and Chief liking all the posts from the Grey Goose handle he created.
Your @Grey Goose handle conspiracy theory is as solid as the authenticity of the Chief Twitter account - LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

I agree that's his likely role. Floyd is a little bigger, size-wise. But we'll certainly have to hope he can fill that role as well as MItchell, who is just a great dude to have on a team. This year he's 50/40/70 with 2.4 steals a game and a 2:1 A:TO ratio.

Reaction Score
sure. idk. The thread went to absolute poop. I'm trying to get it back on track
IMO..Don't see him competing a lot for Hawkins minutes.. Could see him playing along side of him as a CG(CF).. With Hawkins growth spurt .. JHawk could be growing his way into a SF kind of role vs a tall SG..Will be interesting to see how PT is divided between TM/AJ/JH next year..

In the future..Could see some small ball lineup configurations with them(JH/CF) on the floor at the same time (if good news tomorrow)..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plot twist: he was actually incompetent from the beginning.

Wait did I miss something for the first 2 years? Or am I wrong about your reply because I could be wrong in thinking this is about Ollie? He was awful his last 2-3 but the furthest thing from it his first 2.

Not sure why we’d even talk about him at this point the way he finished he hardly deserves mention but at least we should get it right.

Reaction Score

Some people have to rehash this because they can't grasp the fact that revisionist history isn't necessary in regards to the prior head coach. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. Sadly, it's the same ones that bring it up over and over. Be careful, @HooperScooper, because they almost pulled you in.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Honestly, I am not sure that a think piece about a guy who kinda just stops working very hard would be that appealing.
If you're wrong, I'm willing to option "JCSuperstar: The Laziest Story Ever Told" as an 8 part Netflix limited series.

Reaction Score
i see CF as a solid building block for 2022 class.. Predict he'll evolve into a fan fav.. A couple of years with Coach Dave will help ..

Looks like a tough..Two way player.. UConn style..Perfect BE CG..

Hope he celebrates his birthday with us tomorrow..
Who is Coach Dave?

Reaction Score
Well that clears that up! Dave is an excellent high school coach, and he runs an elite program- I’m happy he gets two more years with him.

All players come in and benefit from a college s&c program, but Floyd already has a head start on that, especially when you compare him to someone like Rahsool. I like Jared Terrell as a comp for Floyd but he already has a more consistent shot than JT did as a college freshman.

Reaction Score
Well that clears that up... Dave js an excellent high school coach, and he runs an elite program- I’m happy to he gets two more head with him.

All players come in and benefit from a college s&c program, but Floyd already has a head start on that, especially when you compare him to someone like Rshsool. I like Jared Terrell as a comp for Floyd but he already has a more consistent shot than JT did as a college freshman.
Have always heard great things about Coach Dave at Roselle.. Kids come out of that Program with great fundamentals and BB IQ.. And character.. A great foundation for basketball and personal growth..

As you pointed out.. Thinking Sool has more "work to do " in weight room than CF.. Eye ball test..

Reaction Score
Wait did I miss something for the first 2 years? Or am I wrong about your reply because I could be wrong in thinking this is about Ollie? He was awful his last 2-3 but the furthest thing from it his first 2.

Not sure why we’d even talk about him at this point the way he finished he hardly deserves mention but at least we should get it right.

Because some here want to blame him for everything from Pearl Harbor on. You want proof -- when's the last post to say KO was right and I was wrong when he thought Polley and Whalley could be important players for a ranked team?

None of that is to deny that subsequent to '16 he by all reports just stopped working. But he won a national championship, had good results 3 out of 4 years, and did make good recruiting decisions along with bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom