2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You don't understand the comments at all. The only thing I and maybe others are saying is be has a similar package of skills. I would expect him to end up a lot better at those skills over time.
Ok got it. I thought people were saying he was only going to be a role player because of his ranking. The comment about why are we getting excited about a Brendan Adams type player seemed to be dissing the kid and I didn’t like that type of tone. I guess I misunderstood. I apologize.

Reaction Score
Ok got it. I thought people were saying he was only going to be a role player because of his ranking. The comment about why are we getting excited about a Brendan Adams type player seemed to be dissing the kid and I didn’t like that type of tone. I guess I misunderstood. I apologize.

Floyd Jr.s ranking is criminally low. He started as a sophomore and performed well for one of the best teams in the country. He'll be top 100 with an aau season to shine. Kimani knows Roselle really well--if the kid has an offer it's for a good reason!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hurley seems to really want him. Would be a big loss if we don’t land.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
B. Adam's good for the team and if given spacing will dunk on your head. We need him to play at a high level (stating the obvious) and is capable. His grind will determine his contribution this year. But yeah, he can play.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"For one thing, when speaking about themselves narcissists frequently “fish” for compliments, validation, approval, etc.. If they’re of the more “vulnerable,” neurotic variety, they get anxious and feel easily hurt or slighted if you fail to heed their invitations to stroke their ego, whereas if they’re the more “grandiose” or character disturbed type, they’ll show their disdain for you if you fail to recognize what they already know to be their greatness."

Sounds about right

C

Chief00

"For one thing, when speaking about themselves narcissists frequently “fish” for compliments, validation, approval, etc.. If they’re of the more “vulnerable,” neurotic variety, they get anxious and feel easily hurt or slighted if you fail to heed their invitations to stroke their ego, whereas if they’re the more “grandiose” or character disturbed type, they’ll show their disdain for you if you fail to recognize what they already know to be their greatness."

Sounds about right

Again, it’s a handle name.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Sounds about right

I’d dislike this if there was a dislike button.;)

Reaction Score
Floyd Jr.s ranking is criminally low. He started as a sophomore and performed well for one of the best teams in the country. He'll be top 100 with an aau season to shine. Kimani knows Roselle really well--if the kid has an offer it's for a good reason!
This is one of those cases where I put more stock in his offers than his rankings. Between Hurley prioritizing him and Jay Wright offering after he already released a top-7, I assume the kid can play. Given the late interest by Nova, getting a commitment from him so early before he can gain even more interest would be a huge win.

Reaction Score
I think Donovan Mitchell was ranked around the same when he was a sophomore. I watched highlights of him and loved his game, but due to his ranking and the fact we were after other, higher-rated guards, didn’t want him. Won’t make that mistake again!

Reaction Score
Got a second Rivals futurecast for the good guys from Richard Schnyderite who is a Rutgers guy

Corey Floyd Jr. , 2022 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

All Analyst and Publisher forecast changes. Click on the graph to filter by week and user type.

uconn.png

Russ Wood
12/29/20 5:47 pm

uconn.png

Richard Schnyderite
01/01/21 9:34 pm

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Donovan Mitchell was ranked around the same when he was a sophomore. I watched highlights of him and loved his game, but due to his ranking and the fact we were after other, higher-rated guards, didn’t want him. Won’t make that mistake again!

In fairness though, we took Jalen Adams over him, and given who they were in high school, that can't really be labeled a bad decision. In hindsight, yes. But Jalen came to UConn with untapped talent, and he left with untapped talent, and wherever he is, I hope he can finally work to get to the point he needs to be at. He was the heir apparent to all the talented players we've had over the years.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In fairness though, we took Jalen Adams over him, and given who they were in high school, that can't really be labeled a bad decision. In hindsight, yes. But Jalen came to UConn with untapped talent, and he left with untapped talent, and wherever he is, I hope he can finally work to get to the point he needs to be at. He was the heir apparent to all the talented players we've had over the years.
It wasn't a bad decision in hindsight, Adams was the better college player.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It wasn't a bad decision in hindsight, Adams was the better college player.
Adams was sucking wind every game by the middle of the first half. Too bad he didn't have a coach that made him get fit.

Reaction Score
Coincidence that announcement date is one day before (currently) scheduled Nova game??

Reaction Score
Adams was sucking wind every game by the middle of the first half. Too bad he didn't have a coach that made him get fit.
He also was our whole team and played like 38 minutes a game. And honestly, he externally looked tired a lot, but really don’t think it showed in his play all that much.

And for Floyd, he honestly looks a lot more like a Purvis type player than B Adams. Just my hot take from watching 2 minutes of highlights

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He also was our whole team and played like 38 minutes a game. And honestly, he externally looked tired a lot, but really don’t think it showed in his play all that much.

And for Floyd, he honestly looks a lot more like a Purvis type player than B Adams. Just my hot take from watching 2 minutes of highlights

It was a combination of both. Granted some body types are different but Adams looked the same as a senior as he did as a freshman. Looked like he still had some baby fat on him (this of course is relative to high level D1 guards, not BY posters).

At the same time he had to play a high amount of minutes every game with the ball in his hands. He couldn't hide in a corner for 3-4 possession waiting for a pass to catch his breath.

Put me down in the "I would have loved to have seen a senior Adams with a coach who had pushed him to his limits from day 1 as a frosh" crowd.

Reaction Score
Looked like he still had some baby fat on him (this of course is relative to high level D1 guards, not BY posters).

The only way someone would call what I'm carrying as baby fat would be if they thought I swallowed the baby whole≥

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

He’s a better shooter than Purvis was coming out of high school. I was surprised on tape by how well he shoots the ball. His arms are longer than Purvis’s which makes him more disruptive on defense. Purvis was much more explosive in transition. I like the comp though. Similar in more ways than not.

He does things well that Hurley looks for, teaches. For example he utilizes a jump stop. This is something Hurley has the team practice but you don’t see too much in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom