2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have a 247Sports.com subscription? Any crystal ball picks?

Not sure if it was in this article or not since I don't have access but Jerry Meyer posted a new scouting report for Floyd

EVALUATED 12/29/2020​

Jerry Meyer

Jerry MeyerDIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING

PROJECTION​

Power-5 Starter

Well built and physical guard. Has functional athleticism in traffic. Ideal playing off the ball as a shooter and slasher. Has a reliable shooting stroke. Can attack the basket and finish with either hand. Solid overall ball handler and passer. Rebounds his position well.

Reaction Score

With the job Steve's done why should anyone be surprised? I'm watching their games and shaking my head that he was their third or fourth choice. Solid team that plays hard and aggressively.

And, Cliff, for all the hype, isn't moving into the starting lineup anytime soon, so that tells us how well Steve and Carl have recruited.

Reaction Score
He will be a top 40 to 50 recruit by his senior year. He will jump into the top 100 this summer..(if aau is going)
No question he's underrated by services.. Lack of AAU/high school games due to COVID hurt his ratings but he definitely passes the eye test. .Perfect pick up by DH/staff for our system/style of play... Small Ball w/Lil Sool/JHawk will be fun..

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not sure if it was in this article or not since I don't have access but Jerry Meyer posted a new scouting report for Floyd

EVALUATED 12/29/2020​

Jerry Meyer

Jerry MeyerDIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING

PROJECTION​

Power-5 Starter

Well built and physical guard. Has functional athleticism in traffic. Ideal playing off the ball as a shooter and slasher. Has a reliable shooting stroke. Can attack the basket and finish with either hand. Solid overall ball handler and passer. Rebounds his position well.
If he is a rock solid and tough defender as others above state and he is 6-5 and long and we add the offensive projection above, what's not to like?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why is anyone getting excited about a Brendan Adams replacement from Jersey.

Reaction Score
How about you can replace Brendan Adams's role (ideally a tough, strong bench guard with a well-rounded skill set) with someone who is better at that role.
But you didn't address the fact that he is a guard from New Jersey, and therefore he is hot garbage.

Reaction Score
How then would you describe him?
Don't know, I've never seen him play. Which is why I'm not on here saying just because he's rated around 100 he's a Brendan Adams replacement player. He may end up being that but Hurley seems to have made him a priority recruit so that's good with me. People forget Bouknight was rated like 70. So was Shabazz. So was Boatright.

Reaction Score
Don't know, I've never seen him play. Which is why I'm not on here saying just because he's rated around 100 he's a Brendan Adams replacement player. He may end up being that but Hurley seems to have made him a priority recruit so that's good with me. People forget Bouknight was rated like 70. So was Shabazz. So was Boatright.
I think you're completely misinterpreting what people mean when they say he's a Brendan Adams replacement player

Reaction Score

You don't understand the comments at all. The only thing I and maybe others are saying is be has a similar package of skills. I would expect him to end up a lot better at those skills over time.

Reaction Score
I know very little about the criteria to rank recruits or anything related but to my untrained eye he looks like he will be a hell of a lot better than the 125th best freshman in the country when he arrives. The ranking seems preposterously off

Reaction Score
The comps seem to be because he is a strong, well put together 2 way guard and that will be his role. He seems to have more upside and skill to turn into a key contributor and perform in that role at a higher level. Think both are correct. Just some misinterpretation of each others intentions.

Reaction Score
You don't understand the comments at all. The only thing I and maybe others are saying is be has a similar package of skills. I would expect him to end up a lot better at those skills over time.
Significantly more athletic than B. Adams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99