Cord Cutters | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
I have a question about Frontier Fios . I prefer not to rent their equipment. You don’t need to rent a modem from Frontier? What router to buy?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a question about Frontier Fios . I prefer not to rent their equipment. You don’t need to rent a modem from Frontier? What router to buy?
Aren't they a commodity now? My LINKSYS works fine.

Reaction Score
They are now offering Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month.

I prepaid for Disney+ and get Hulu from Sprint for free. I guess I'll have to talk to the reps to try to get ESPN+ for a dollar :)

GemParty

Reaction Score
There are some nice options to bundle, save, try, cancel. I went into my plan thinking I need the following must haves. I know I’m going to miss a few things, but I won’t miss the cable bill or calling them yearly to get a new rate. If your goal is to save, you can replace like 90% of what you once had and get a few new things too.

Reaction Score
In-laws are coming for Christmas & I’d like to set up cable for them, so I need just one month. What service should let me sign up & then cancel in one month or maybe two? No special channel requirements, major networks is fine, don’t need HBO etc- thanks! We currently have internet where they will be but no cable in house.

Reaction Score
In-laws are coming for Christmas & I’d like to set up cable for them, so I need just one month. What service should let me sign up & then cancel in one month or maybe two? No special channel requirements, major networks is fine, don’t need HBO etc- thanks! We currently have internet where they will be but no cable in house.

Any of the services that are streaming are month to month. you sign up and then they bill you each month. There is no agreement and you can cancel anytime. If you paid for the month already and want to cancel, then you will still have access for the rest of the month. They don't prorate your bill.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
AT&T TV (formerly Direct TVNow) just announced another $10 increase on all the packages. Second $10 hit this year . . .

Reaction Score
And.... Hulu + live TV goes up another $10. Others may follow as well.

I was immediately going to cancel But then you do the math the with 6 dollar saving with the bundle and it makes it the same as YouTube TV. Might still switch out of spite.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Classic hook & raise. Get you to switch then start moving your price. Hopefully it’s within reason. People want options, no contracts, and variety. Don’t disappoint them with big price swings.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We get home today from our long weekend and we sit down to watch the final of the Jeopardy ToC. Cox DVR is very spotty so it was no surprise when we got the error message. I was pissed, it's the ToC! Then I remembered we added Jeopardy to our YouTube library during our free trial. And there it was! It's like Cox wants me to leave.

Reaction Score
Made the change from PS VUE to Youtube TV. 53 bucks a month with Taxes included. So far i love it. Now that they offer ESPN3, it's a no brainer service for UConn fans, that need ESPN, SNY, CBS Sportsnetwork, and soon the FOX Sports networks.

Have experienced zero buffering so far.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Made the change from PS VUE to Youtube TV. 53 bucks a month with Taxes included. So far i love it. Now that they offer ESPN3, it's a no brainer service for UConn fans, that need ESPN, SNY, CBS Sportsnetwork, and soon the FOX Sports networks.

Where is espn3? On Youtube tv as a channel or online?

Reaction Score
Its the espn app. But your TV provider has to offer it for you to have access. Youtube TV got it back in September of this year.
Espn combined the ESPN app with watch espn and espn plus into one app

Reaction Score
Its the espn app. But your TV provider has to offer it for you to have access. Youtube TV
Ok I didn’t subscribe to +. Not sure I will, now that Big East play is move to FS1.
I subscribed to plus for an ufc fight. Its already paid for the year. However you don't need plus for everything. Just the regular app will give you access to the old watchESPN content at bo additional cost.

Reaction Score

That's the way to go now that Hulu just raised their prices $10 bucks.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I subscribed to plus for an ufc fight. Its already paid for the year. However you don't need plus for everything. Just the regular app will give you access to the old watchESPN content at bo additional cost.

Thank you. Good idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom