Cord Cutters | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
I can appreciated that but it is not what I asked.

Do you anticipate all 5 sets to be streaming the same service at the same time? Xfinity is different than Netflix, are both different than Hulu, are all three different than the Internet.
What i meant is yeah, the kids will be watching hulu or Netflix. My wife would be watching her shows and i would watch sports on playstationvue/skinny bundle.

Last year on black friday i got hulu with ads for the year for 99 cents a month for the year. I just cancelled and will look for that offer again on black friday and sign up under my wife's name.

I'm on the fence on replacing playstationvue with hulu with live tv or YouTube tv.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What i meant is yeah, the kids will be watching hulu or Netflix. My wife would be watching her shows and i would watch sports on playstationvue/skinny bundle.

Last year on black friday i got hulu with ads for the year for 99 cents a month for the year. I just cancelled and will look for that offer again on black friday and sign up under my wife's name.

I'm on the fence on replacing playstationvue with hulu with live tv or YouTube tv.
I think that is what I'm getting at. They are all different streaming services. So at the end of the day, there is a slim chance you would need a 5 user license for any one of them at one time.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I’m pretty upset about Vue. That’s what I’ve been using the past year and, even after they cut NESN in April, I still loved it. I’m not psyched about switching but I think I’m going to go to YouTube TV.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m pretty upset about Vue. That’s what I’ve been using the past year and, even after they cut NESN in April, I still loved it. I’m not psyched about switching but I think I’m going to go to YouTube TV.

I'm disappointed because no other service out there has all the sports channels I like. Vue was one of the few streaming services that carried Red Zone/NFL Network. The few other services that do carry those channels are missing other key channels that I need.

Oh well, guess I'm going to Youtube TV and I'll just live without red zone next year.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Oh well, guess I'm going to Youtube TV and I'll just live without red zone next year.

Yeah, Vue has everything I wanted and watched and for $65.00. Even channels that probably don’t interest many people- Travel Channel, ID Channel, Smithsonian, Destination America, and all the sports- NHL Network, Stadium, ACC Network even. I can switch to YouTube TV but it doesn’t get all of these and you can’t choose an expanded package that adds them.

Reaction Score
I am too. It was a terrific product that Sony did not market well. Everytime i told someone that was what i used they would say "oh we don't have a playstation. Should have just called it Sony Vue.

Reaction Score
just started YouTube TV and like it - but am also lamenting no Red Zone. Wouldn't you think with PS Vue out of the picture next year that YouTube and the NFL come to a deal?

Reaction Score
I’m doing a free trial of Hulu live, and it’s been pretty buggy on day 1. The Iowa/Wisconsin game has frozen up a few times, and I’ve had to reboot the tv a few times. It’s not off to a good start.

I’m streaming via 200 mbs WiFi on a new LG smart tv.

Edit: The tv seems to be disconnecting from WiFi occasionally. Still annoying.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m doing a free trial of Hulu live, and it’s been pretty buggy on day 1. The Iowa/Wisconsin game has frozen up a few times, and I’ve had to reboot the tv a few times. It’s not off to a good start.

I am giving HULU a try on a Roku Ultra. I hard wired the ethernet to the Roku from the router and I am having no issues with a slower service than you have. For us, Hulu is slightly better and slightly cheaper than YouTube. When you add in Google's anti-liberty policies, we went with Hulu.

Reaction Score
Outside CT and the Tri State area for non-cable subscribers, which legal, paid streaming service will enable access to the most UConn games this season? Even using various vpns, prior input based on CT and seemingly Tri State access does not appear to be helpful for people in other states or countries.

Tried the highest priced Fubo, Hulu and YouTube services in my typical US locations Friday night; no luck and ESPN+ or ESPN don’t appear to be available. ESPN and ESPN2, yes.

I can use a CT address for a credit card billing address, but am not keen on borrowing IDs. I just want to pay for access and be done with it. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

Reaction Score
Outside CT and the Tri State area for non-cable subscribers, which legal, paid streaming service will enable access to the most UConn games this season? Even using various vpns, prior input based on CT and seemingly Tri State access does not appear to be helpful for people in other states or countries.

Tried the highest priced Fubo, Hulu and YouTube services in my typical US locations Friday night; no luck and ESPN+ or ESPN don’t appear to be available. ESPN and ESPN2, yes.

I can use a CT address for a credit card billing address, but am not keen on borrowing IDs. I just want to pay for access and be done with it. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

Most games will not be on national television. You will need to use the ESPN app. It was on the app last night but the 1st half was having technical difficulties. I was able to watch the 2nd half without any issue. I have YoutubeTV and live in Indiana and will be able to watch most, if not all, games this year using the ESPN app.

Reaction Score

Many IPTV streaming packages have most of the sports channels - including the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL packages. SNY, ESPN+, and CBSSN as well, along with live cable. All for a fraction of the cost of the solutions offered in previous posts.

Reaction Score
It does not make sense to figure in the cost of internet when doing the cost breakdown if you would have internet regardless of whether or not you have cable. I assume that is the case for most everyone here. In this case, cost of cable vs. total cost of streaming services is an apples to apples comparison.

Reaction Score

After doing some research, these LG TVs can be finicky with their settings and WiFi. It seems to be doing ok now after adjusting some things. Another annoying thing is LG doesn’t have HBO Now. I got a Samsung at the same time last feb for the basement and it’s worked flawlessly.

What do you guys use for remotes? The biggest disadvantage I see with Hulu is the menus are nowhere near as intuitive as xfinity, particularly with the factory tv remote.

Reaction Score
Many IPTV streaming packages have most of the sports channels - All for a fraction of the cost of the solutions offered in previous posts.
Possibly, yet even with respected paid security-protection, prospective malware, spyware, virus, etc risks are potentially complementary with many (most?) IPTV services. No?

Reaction Score
Hulu guy now but might switch over to YouTube

1. Youtube has NESN and YES doesn't. Starting to see some more UCONN stuff on NESN as of late.

2. New Package deal per month with Disney+ with ESPN+ and HULU with Ads for 11.99 per month which is essentially what it costs to for Disney+ and ESPN+. As of right now, there is no package deal with Hulu Live.

Figured switch to YouTubeTV gets me the same end results for same price with NESN and more streams. Hulu also only lets you switch you IP 3x. They gave me a hard time when I changed ISPs.

I get 150 mb/s for 50 bucks (flat with taxes, zero fees) through GoNetSpeed. Anyone in Hartford/West Hartford Hamden/New Haven should check this guys out. Only service interruption for a year so far and that was because of a down limb that took down a line. I called on Thursday Night before leaving for VT and the line was up by Saturday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Hulu was first steaming service I tried and pixilating and freezing were what drove me away. That was 2 years ago.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Most games will not be on national television. You will need to use the ESPN app. It was on the app last night but the 1st half was having technical difficulties. I was able to watch the 2nd half without any issue. I have YoutubeTV and live in Indiana and will be able to watch most, if not all, games this year using the ESPN app.

You Tube TV is great for UConn because of ESPN suite and CBSSN.

And you can use your You Tube TV login to access ESPN app.
I'm in Florida and rarely miss a UConn game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After doing some research, these LG TVs can be finicky with their settings and WiFi. It seems to be doing ok now after adjusting some things. Another annoying thing is LG doesn’t have HBO Now. I got a Samsung at the same time last feb for the basement and it’s worked flawlessly.

What do you guys use for remotes? The biggest disadvantage I see with Hulu is the menus are nowhere near as intuitive as xfinity, particularly with the factory tv remote.

I use the Roku remote on LG TV for all my streaming services.

Only time I need LG remote is to switch from Roku to OTA channels.

IMG_20191110_132131504~2.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Youtube TV has these but you will either have SNY and YES, if you are in the NY metro area or NESN, if you are in New England.
FWIW, I live in the central-CT area, signed up today and get NESN, NBC Sports Boston, and SNY. I thought YES but don't see it. I don't want to give my exact town because I'm kind of afraid of Chief.

Reaction Score
Just bought two Roku Stream+ stick things to replace the boxes that Comcast is charging me $7 a month each for. My ROI is about 7 months. I may replace one of my X1 client boxes which I think is like $15 a month there, much better ROI. So far so good on the Roku stick thingy.

Reaction Score
Just bought two Roku Stream+ stick things to replace the boxes that Comcast is charging me $7 a month each for. My ROI is about 7 months. I may replace one of my X1 client boxes which I think is like $15 a month there, much better ROI. So far so good on the Roku stick thingy.

i have the google mesh wireless nodes.
I have two of the nodes next to my main television and run Ethernet cable from the nodes to the amazon fire tvs. No issues steaming with Hulu.

Reaction Score
i have the google mesh wireless nodes.
I have two of the nodes next to my main television and run Ethernet cable from the nodes to the amazon fire tvs. No issues steaming with Hulu.

With the mesh WiFi from Google, the nodes have an Ethernet out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom