Cord Cutters | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
Comcast needs more competition for internet otherwise even if you cut the cord they have you by the short hairs.

Amazon is said to launch broadband by satellite hear soon. Low orbit satellites which should work better than just hughesnet or whatever other satellite internet companies there are.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
youtubetv did that all summer. I had it in june and it just went away at the end of august. much better deal
Except for the fact that YouTube TV costs $50-$55/month. Hulu costs $5.99.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sorry I thought you said Hulu Live. If it's regular Hulu then that's a great deal.
No issues. All I posted was the title of the article. This from near the top of the article.

"To get this deal, you need to have any Hulu subscription and it does not need to be Hulu with live TV."

I just went into my account and it's right there, ready to be added on. Hopefully the offer won't end on Set 30 and will run for 30 days whenever you add it on, I can't devote that much time to TV at the moment.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
DirectTV Now rolled over and now called AT&T TV. Today they added ACC network to my package (go big) . There will be some games I need. All the ESPN's, SNY, MSG, YES, CBSSN. Im good with it at the get in price lock $50 a month

Reaction Score
Comcast needs more competition for internet otherwise even if you cut the cord they have you by the short hairs.
I feel that as long as TV providers (comcast, frontier for example) are also the ones providing internet access, savings from cord cutting will be short lived. They are not going to just let their losses from cord cutters go away. They will try to make it up with internet costs.

Reaction Score
I feel that as long as TV providers (comcast, frontier for example) are also the ones providing internet access, savings from cord cutting will be short lived. They are not going to just let their losses from cord cutters go away. They will try to make it up with internet costs.
Internet is a far more profitable line of business than tv, by a large margin. For this reason, cable companies will be fine, especially the smart ones like Comcast who own a lot of content. Content and internet are king now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only thing that will help IMHO is 5G being all they say it will. If that happens, then Comcast, FIOS and others will have competition finally

Reaction Score
After 20 years with DirecTV I'm bailing out. The Disney bundle (Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu) becomes available next month for $12.99, HBO Now @ $14.99 and FuboTV for $60 gets me my CBSSports, NESN and SNY with a cloud based DVR. I get all networks for Hartford, New Haven and Springfield already with an attic antenna.

Currently paying over $170 with DirecTV for Choice Extra and HBO.

Reaction Score
After 20 years with DirecTV I'm bailing out. The Disney bundle (Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu) becomes available next month for $12.99, HBO Now @ $14.99 and FuboTV for $60 gets me my CBSSports, NESN and SNY with a cloud based DVR. I get all networks for Hartford, New Haven and Springfield already with an attic antenna.

Currently paying over $170 with DirecTV for Choice Extra and HBO.
For $50 you get YouTube tv

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Disney + should be great for young kids. Looking Forward to the Madalorian Star Wars show too. $69 for a year.

Reaction Score
Nice, one year free that way. Is that an offer on all platforms? We have Roku.

I have Roku also, but it was a special deal way back in Sept. Through some Disney website that was offering the deal. Their website broke with all the people trying to access it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom