Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zusi will be getting the start against Argentina if we win this

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Really gutsy last 10 minutes....

Will be interesting to see who they trot out on Tuesday to fill the gaps.....losing Wood will hurt the most

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That game was about 100x more entertaining than this basketball game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Will the NBA game get over 207 is about the drama there.

Reaction Score
Really gutsy last 10 minutes....

Will be interesting to see who they trot out on Tuesday to fill the gaps.....losing Wood will hurt the most

Probably Wondo.

J/K

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That game was about 100x more entertaining than this basketball game.
I forgot there was even a NBA game on. The playoffs go waaaay to long in that league

Reaction Score
That's a good win. Dicey down the stretch, but a good overall win.

So who is out for semi's? Jones, Wood, and Bedoya... correct?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't even realize that was still going on.

That's what we all say and they will get about 6.5x the viewer in English.

Will be 20-21 million against 3.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's great to see JK finally settle on a team and leave them alone. It's nice that everyone who has begged for it has been proven right.

This an LOL. Why don't you just give JK some credit? He had the squad ready for the big spot. Again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This an LOL. Why don't you just give JK some credit? He had the squad ready for the big spot. Again.

I'm giving him credit for finally leaving a team in place. That was one of the two things we critics always hammered on.

I wouldn't say he always gets them up for big spots. Howard was the only reason they didn't get bounced from the World Cup in the group and it's not like they are setting the world on fire WC qualifying.

This has been a good run but it should be at home.

Reaction Score
I'm giving him credit for finally leaving a team in place. That was one of the two things we critics always hammered on.

I wouldn't say he always gets them up for big spots. Howard was the only reason they didn't get bounced from the World Cup in the group and it's not like they are setting the world on fire WC qualifying.

This has been a good run but it should be at home.

So would you prefer to bring back Bunker Bob or Arena and play like a bunch of timid little ?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah I can go either way on the call to Jones. For sure it wouldn't have been a straight red. In slow motion it does kind of look like a two inch punch but in any case it was really dumb. As long as the refs are consistent about carding with hands to the face he deserved it.

Having Wood out will be significantly detrimental.... I'm not as down on Zardes as some of his critics are but he hasn't been able to hold up the way Wood does.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now the real test for Klinsman, does he have the balls to follow his own advice. He criticized American soccer for not playing young players with more talent over steadier veterans.

Pulisic and Nagbe have to play in the next match. Against Messi and Argentina, you simply can't win with Wondo, Zusi and someone else (Yedlin is back). He needs to play to win, that means playing the players with the most upside, even if they also have the most downside. Take a chance Jurgen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So would you prefer to bring back Bunker Bob or Arena and play like a bunch of timid little ?

Did I say there haven't been worse?

Maybe he's turned it around for good but it isn't like there weren't respectedp voices pointing out the disappointments just 2 weeks ago.

He settled on a team - maybe he's learning.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wood got kicked in the face and it's yellow? Jones 'gets in someone's face? for red.

Should be home now - but going to be awfully shorthanded for the semi.
We probably were not beating Argentina? anyway. Getting to the Semi was the big thing.

Just idiocy from Jones. We were up 11v10 and he puts his fist in that guys face. The new reading in the Laws (12)

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes
an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is
guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We probably were not beating Argentina? anyway. Getting to the Semi was the big thing.

Just idiocy from Jones. We were up 11v10 and he puts his fist in that guys face. The new reading in the Laws (12)

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes
an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is
guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Well the force used was negligible, there wasn't even contact. It should have been a yellow, but I am sure the ref didn't really see it. That's a problem with soccer generally in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom