Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no guarantee he gets the michigan state job if he stays either.

Reaction Score
That is just one weird article? The guys main premise is that he is such a good coordinator, he should just live comfortably as a DC forever? What? I would think that whenever you are No. 2, doesn't everyone strive to be No. 1 at some point. Why get in the coaching profession? Just a very weird article.

Reaction Score
I just can't wait until this is over. It was fun tracking Warde's plane, but I'm already sick of it.

Where is Warde's plane today, BTW? Or has he moved to Husky2?

There is something to be said for the thrill of the chase.

And I hope Larry McHugh is in Florida this week.

Reaction Score
This is a something more important that three wins. If a guy isn't excited to be here, or is bummed out because better jobs aren't open then we shouldn't hire him. That's for Warde to figure out.

If Narduzzi isn't excited to be here he won't take the job. He will be a first time head coach either here or somewhere else. He's going to be excited and invested wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Dantonio and MSU are looking out for their own best interests, which is to keep him in house and promote him when Dantonio leaves. Whenever that is.

Reaction Score
This is a something more important that three wins. If a guy isn't excited to be here, or is bummed out because better jobs aren't open then we shouldn't hire him. That's for Warde to figure out.

Tremendous point, Sub. Narduzzi my first choice, but if he gives off that sort of vibe, Warde should move on. Just the salary alone shoul get him excited. Not expecting him to be a lifer but would take 3-5 good years.

Reaction Score
Wow these Michigan guys love them some Narduzzi. . . .and not even a shot at UConn, just him leaving in general. Nice of them to be watching out for his family's financial future.

My wish for the nation saying "Why did he go there?" seems to be closer to reality

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/12/6_things_michigan_state_footba.html?utm_source=mlive

I can't blame them. They have a recipe for success in place, but keeping successful staffs together with star coordinators is the exception and not the rule. He could end up like Bud Foster, stuck in Blacksburg forever. His stock his high right now, he has to take a shot.

Reaction Score
Where is Warde's plane today, BTW? Or has he moved to Husky2?

There is something to be said for the thrill of the chase.

And I hope Larry McHugh is in Florida this week.
I hope the Connecticut High School Coaches Association is in florida this week...or maybe marooned on a desert island with no forms of communication?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Bud Foster and Tom Bradley may have an opinion on that.

Reaction Score
I was reading some postings on 247sports.com and the level of obviousness is astounding. These guys are talking about Warde having hired HCPP and the fact that the best UCONN has done was go to the "pizza" bowl as they referred to it as. Would someone with a subscription go and assist those fellas?

Reaction Score
The thing to remember is that plenty of coordinators use programs like UConn to interview in order to let it be known to others in future years that they have higher aspirations. It has happened a lot in the past. People like Muschamp, Cutliffe and Mullen interviewed at other places and turned them down.

Reaction Score
Dantonio currently makes ~$2 mill. at Michigan St., which is around UConn is willing to pay. So his DC shouldn't leave to make as much as his current boss?

Reaction Score
I hope the Connecticut High School Coaches Association is in florida this week...or maybe marooned on a desert island with no forms of communication?
There is nobody the CT (Good 'ole boy network)HS coaches can recommend. They $h*t their load with PP.

Reaction Score
Top candidates get passed over all the time in interviews because it's perceived they look down on the company/school, etc. It's not that people get their emotions hurt by such attitudes, but they perceive the candidate will not support the company's/school's longterm goals.

Reaction Score
is Dantonio in the mix for another job, or close to retirement?

Reaction Score
Exactly. I want the closest football equivalent to Kevin Ollie that we can get.
But there's no way to replicate KO for the football team. The men's basketball team is tied for the sixth most NCAA championships of all time, and tied for ninth most Final Fours.

The analogy here is something akin to Florida in Football. They're a heavy weight right behind powers with longer traditions (Texas, Nebraska, Ohio State) and ahead of some (Michigan). Florida football is a destination job, not a stepping stone, although there are some schools you might leave it for. The same for UConn basketball. At Florida football or UConn basketball, you can get the coach that will almost certainly not leave for another college as well as the best coach. These are not mutually exclusive. For UConn football, though, it seems to be...

Reaction Score
is Dantonio in the mix for another job, or close to retirement?

On the life clock, if nothing else. Heart attack survivor, so might be a retire early guy.

Reaction Score
There is nobody the CT (Good 'ole boy network)HS coaches can recommend. They $h*t their load with PP.
Sure, but few UCONN alumni, students, and other Huskies' fans would mind if ALL CT state high school coaches were stuck in Botswana for several weeks. No need for Animal Planet animals devouring them, just stuck in Botswana long enough not to screw UCONN over again!

Reaction Score
The thing to remember is that plenty of coordinators use programs like UConn to interview in order to let it be known to others in future years that they have higher aspirations. It has happened a lot in the past. People like Muschamp, Cutliffe and Mullen interviewed at other places and turned them down.
Narduzzi would have replaced Jones at Cincy if the AD hadn't decided to call his old friend Tommy T to see if he was at all interested...

Reaction Score
Dear Mods/Staff - how about pinning a "All things Narduzzi" thread for a bit?? Would make things easier to follow for those w/o boodles of time to flow through multiple threads for their fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom