Coaching Search Tweets & More | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search Tweets & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are plenty of jobs I wouldn't take for more money. He has the luxury of being able to choose.
There are also plenty of jobs I wouldn't take for more money. That being said no one has ever offered to quadruple my salary. That would be a game changer. I am fairly close to retiring. If I could get 4 years worth of pay in one year I would do almost anything.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We need a "Key Tweets" thread for coaching rumors. Hard time remembering who says what where (including my own posts!).

Dooley

Reaction Score
He could hop on a private plane after the Rose Bowl and not travel with his players. Believe me its been done before.

Veiled shots at ex-coaches always make me chuckle.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He could hop on a private plane after the Rose Bowl and not travel with his players. Believe me its been done before.

So you are fine with him not signing a contract until the first week of January? What if negotiations break down and we are left at the alter in January?

He is not going to be announced as head coach here and then fly out to Michigan to coach that team.

Reaction Score
Husky1 will be gassed up and ready to go at Van Nuys Airport after the Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
here is another tweet:
They all say warm,fuzzy things like that then do what's in they're own best interest's. Its good business not to burn bridges! I remember SU alum and Buffalo Bill's head coach Doug Marrone saying when SU hired him how it was his "dream job" and how everything he had done to that point was aimed at returning to the Cuse and staying !!

Dooley

Reaction Score
So you are fine with him not signing a contract until the first week of January? What if negotiations break down and we are left at the alter in January?

He is not going to be announced as head coach here and then fly out to Michigan to coach that team.

He'd sign a contract with UCONN and then Warde and Narduzzi would work something out for the bowl game if it even came up.

Reaction Score
I may be over reacting , but I am sick of hearing how all these coaches can do better than taking the UConn job. I realize it probably is just media speculation, because how would they know how the coaches may feel. To quote KO, I want a coach that has ten toes in. Four weeks ago , I thought we needed to automatically clean house and bring new life to this program . TJ has changed my mind to some degree. Would not hate it if he was chosen, but made some significant changes / upgrades to coaching staff. Many of us want a Narduzzi / TJ combo with TJ running the offense. How about have TJ as head coach and pay for a bigtime DC. Also would need to hire an assistant with excellent recruiting background.

Reaction Score
As long as he carries a UConn phone to make phone calls to recruits during the time - no issues w/ me!!! Good media relations for UConn. Over under on how many mentions UConn gets during the telecast? Ya just pray there is no blow-out!

Scratch part of that... "Announcers for the MSU-Stanford Rose Bowl on ABC: Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, Heather Cox."

Reaction Score

I was making an Edsall joke. I am not really spending a lot of mental energy on who the next coach will be. No matter what I think, Warde is going to hire the person he thinks is the best candidate that will accept the job. I am pretty sure he is not going to call me before making his final decision.

Reaction Score
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...ie.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>>Narduzzi's contract calls for him to pay Michigan State $250,000 if he elects to leave the Spartans for any other position other than as a head coach, provided Dantonio is still the Spartans' head coach at that time. The buyout is intended to cover the costs for Michigan State to hire a replacement, "and shall not be, nor construed to be, a penalty,'' according to the contract. It's a very advantageous position for Narduzzi to be in, having virtually no buyout clause.<<

Reaction Score
They all say warm,fuzzy things like that then do what's in they're own best interest's. Its good business not to burn bridges! I remember SU alum and Buffalo Bill's head coach Doug Marrone saying when SU hired him how it was his "dream job" and how everything he had done to that point was aimed at returning to the Cuse and staying !!
Where were you forty years ago? I've made a career burning bridges.

Reaction Score
I am certainly not liking the public aspect of this situation. Who is leaking the request for interview? Is it Narduzzi's camp looking for "better" options? Is it Dantonio trying to get support for a big raise? Is it Manual making sure people know he did an exhaustive search before hiring TJ.

I don't know what other job Narduzzi would be looking for as he doesn't seem to be on Wake's wish list. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I don't get warm fuzzies when the coaching search is all over twitter

Reaction Score
I am certainly not liking the public aspect of this situation. Who is leaking the request for interview? Is it Narduzzi's camp looking for "better" options? Is it Dantonio trying to get support for a big raise? Is it Manual making sure people know he did an exhaustive search before hiring TJ.

I don't know what other job Narduzzi would be looking for as he doesn't seem to be on Wake's wish list. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I don't get warm fuzzies when the coaching search is all over twitter

Has there ever been a coaching search, in the internet era, that wasn't all over the place.

Sources baby, everyone has sources.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Jesus, take a deep breath man. He can sign with UCONN and still keep his commitment to MSU and the kids he has been with for years. It happens all the time.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Jesus, take a deep breath man. He can sign with UCONN and still keep his commitment to MSU and the kids he has been with for years. It happens all the time.

You're out of control! Of course we should make a pivotal 5 year decision based off of the next 4 weeks!

Reaction Score

Nope, what happens all the time is coaches leave before the bowl game so they can hit the ground running at their new gig.

Reaction Score
Nope, what happens all the time is coaches leave before the bowl game so they can hit the ground running at their new gig.

I think you are both right. Some coaches leave before the bowl game and some don't. A head coach wanting to stay is one thing. A DC is not as important.

If ND or Texas offered Narduzzi the HC job he'd pass on the bowl game. If UConn offers and he accepts...guess what? We'll see him after the bowl game.

He can make a few calls to our commits, who I would think would love, and finish the job in January.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Is there even any doubt left about the fact that Narduzzi is going to be our next coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom